What tea do you drink when reading?

Galatea

For all the tea-drinkers outthere, what tea-flavor do you prefer when reading? I think I prefer mint-tea myself, because it clears my mind and helps me focus.

wheeloffortune

Well, currently, I drink this strange concoction of boiled sibukaw (sheepeye) wood, which only grows in the Philippines. To my grandmother, it clears the body and gets the blood going.

I feel physically more able drinking sibukaw. I would love more, but again, it only grows in the Philippines that I know of, lol. I feel mentally clarified and purified drinking it.

If not sibukaw, then a light flavoured tea, such as chamomile or Japanese green tea. Strong flavours make me feel muddled sometimes, lol.

Alissa

:D I have to admit, I usually don't drink tea unless it's cold. But I often have a diet coke of some sort! When drinking tea, I tend towards chai. Warm, white and sweet.

chrisam-crystals

either fennel or lemon with ginger.

jue xx

connegrl

well I usually pull my daily cards in the morning and I almost always drink a strong Assam with milk and honey. In the afternoon, if I feel like something special, I'll go for a Oolong in one of my Yixing pots. If I can't handle the caffiene then its a white tea.

Jen

sharpchick

Coca Cola.

lark

granda vanilla latte from Starbucks
OR
Lemon Zinger tea

Galatea

I love this thread! So inspiring to hear about all the different beverages that you prefer with your readings. Great that you took it out of the tea-focus too, loved to hear about Diet Coke and Coca Cola and vanilla lattes... That sibukaw tea sounds really special too.

Anyone ever tried the Spice tea from Tazo? It´s American I think.

weaver

When I pull my daily morning spread, I always do so with an accompanying double shot of espresso. What do I drink when reading for others? Likely a good cup of Earl Grey tea!

weaver

Disa

I usually drink Native American Herbal Teas- Chief's Delight is my favorite. It has Strawberry Leaf, Myrtle Leaf, Blackberry Leaf, Rosehips, and Juniper Berry. Mmmm.