Cards dont want to speak?

Pao

Hello all,

I was wondering the other day as I kept asking the same question over and over because I wasn't getting an answer, do you ever feel sometimes the cards just dont want to speak to you? maybe is not your time to know or your not supposed to know. Sometimes they just dont or wont answer me and I think that perhaps there has to be a reason to this since there is a reason to everything, but wondered why?

and also as I asked my question I kept on getting the same card that did not in any way go with the question so perhaps they are ignoring my own question and telling me something else completely different but something which i NEED to know?

ahh going crazy analysing this fact. any opinions?

Apocalipstick

Cards don't exactly think, you know. They're paper, no matter what kind of meaning you invest in them.

That being said, it's perfectly possible to confuse yorself trying to get an answer that makes sense to you, when the answer you're given probably makes just as much, if not more, sense that the one you want or expect.

If there's a recurring card, try looking at all potential meanings before ignoring it and reshuffling. Sometimes there can be a significant difference between what you want to hear, and you should hear.

From what you say, it sounds like you already have an idea of what an answer to your question could be, so you're reacting to a card you think shouldn't be there.

But what if it should? What if refers to something that you've overlooked? What if it has another layer of meaning you haven't investigated?

Pao

thank you for replying.

what I mean by saying cards dont want to speak is, I dont know about everyone else but when I do a reading I am working with the angels and goddesses to help me with it, I am asking them the questions therefore it is THEY I feel answer THROUGH the cards. I shoulda phrased the question better sorry.

yes I definitelly look at everything the card might be trying to tell me. As for the question I was asking, it didnt answer my question but perhaps something I could do in the situation. But I do feel sometimes they just don't want to speak. ahh the master knows what he does I guess :)

Sweet Irish Angel

Hiya

Here is my humble opinion....

if you keep asking the same question over and over again, I feel they stop listening just as any human would, they would switch off, If it was me id be thinking that you were not listening to the guidance I had given in the first place thats you needed to ask over and over again, so leave it a wee while and go back to them and hopefully they will work with you, you could also try cleansing them incase they have picked up negative energies! :)

hope this helps :D

Pao

yes I agree 100% with you Sweet, its funny because sometimes I swear I can "hear" them saying look darn it, we already answered you leave us alone we are tired!! hahaa

Sweet Irish Angel

HeHe

yep I get that too, so I leave them be for a few days :laugh:

Sinduction

Hey pao, it has been my experience that no matter how bad I want an answer to something specific, the cards will tell me what I need to know. Never what I want to know. I'm sure everyone will disagree with me on this. Even when I read for others wanting to know about love, for instance, I end up telling them to stop interfering in someone else's marriage. Or something about their new business. But I am an intuitive reader, and I don't read on card placement specifics.

I also think of the tarot as a guide, to keep us on the right path. So this would make sense if it ignores the question because there may be something more important coming your way. Anyway, I hope this helps you make some sense of it all.

Sulis

I agree with both Sweet Irish Angel and Apocalipstick.

I believe that the cards are ink and paper, the answers come from within you, from your 'higher self' if you like.

If you ask the same question over and over again you will eventually get the answer you want to hear or you will get completely confusing answers.

I don't think you need to cleanse your cards, you need to stop reading about the same thing over and over.
Do one reading on a question and really look at the cards to decipher their message. Leave the reading laid out for a while if you like and go away and come back to it later or sleep on it.

Just because you don't understand what the message is doesn't mean that the cards are 'refusing to speak', it just means that you're not understanding the message.

Pao

I do agree with you Sinduction, I do feel that a lot if not most of the time they tell you what you need to know as opposed to what you want to know, so I guess I just have to accept their message and try to see what they are saying to me.

Thank you for your imput Sulis, yes I definitely need to leave them sometimes and return another day even to see them clearer.

Umbrae

Pao said:
...kept asking the same question over and over because I wasn't getting an answer[...]and also as I asked my question I kept on getting the same card that did not in any way go with the question...
Cards may be, or may be more than paper and ink, but that does not address your question.

The cards were answering you. They kept giving you the same card(s) over and over.

Either - you were not listening, or chose not to listen, or simply needed to stop - and reflect.

The answer was there.

Without knowing the question and the cards though, all we bystanders can do is speculate.