Cards dont want to speak?

Pao

yea you are right Umbrae. I will just try to medita next time on the card longer.

I cant post the question or card I got here because it wasnt tarot cards I was using.

thanx for your response!!

Jewel

Umbrae said:
Cards may The cards were answering you. They kept giving you the same card(s) over and over.

Either - you were not listening, or chose not to listen, or simply needed to stop - and reflect.
or perhaps denial .... (No offense meant Pao). But a recurring card is a very strong message of some sort. As Umbrae said, without us knowing the question or the card all we can do is speculate.

Pao

o the card I got was definitely not a bad card. Yes denial can be a tricky one but I always try to accpet whatever answer I get. Lets just say I asked a yes or no question (i know a lot of people dont do this but it works for me I always get a yes or no along with the message) but this time although I got a positve card it didnt seem to answer my question, which was about work (i cant say which card I got because it doesnt go on this side of the forum) The card had nothing to do with work or anything remotely close to it which left me wondering. So either they dont want to answer on that and have a separate message or there's something Im not connecting.

::puzzled::

SunChariot

Pao said:
Hello all,

I was wondering the other day as I kept asking the same question over and over because I wasn't getting an answer, do you ever feel sometimes the cards just dont want to speak to you? maybe is not your time to know or your not supposed to know. Sometimes they just dont or wont answer me and I think that perhaps there has to be a reason to this since there is a reason to everything, but wondered why?

and also as I asked my question I kept on getting the same card that did not in any way go with the question so perhaps they are ignoring my own question and telling me something else completely different but something which i NEED to know?

ahh going crazy analysing this fact. any opinions?

It's more likely that if you kept asking the same question that you were feeling stressed inside. And we need to be in a calm state of mind to read properly.

I have literally had the cards tell me that I am not meant to know the answer to my question. They did not refuse to answer, they sent me a card that to me gave me that message, it was in the Lovers' Path Tarot.

What my cards do do if I ask the same question too often is they just stop working...they give me nonsense answers or contradictory answers. That is my cue to stop asking that same question. Although by now I have learnt enough that I don't keep asking the same question anymore anyway.

Bar

Fairawen

I know that I've felt like that somedays: I go to the cards, pretty clear-headed (though not entirely... wouldn't be going to them if I wasn't a *little* confused, eh?) and...

Wow. What the HECK is that supposed to mean?

I get aggitated and reshuffle. Another lousey spread.

Eventually I just huff, puff, and put 'em away.

Really, there are too many ways to look at it. If you go the route of "They're just cards, they're only reflecting back." It could be you're going to the cards, but inside you know you really have to find an answer for yourself, and not go through them. Or simply that you already know the answer, somewhere, but can't explain it to even yourself. :)

I'm a bit tired, so that's the best I can get outta me. I thought I'd try, so if that makes any sense... *shrug* :D

~A~

Sakura Murasaki

After watching someone shuffle a deck over and over and over again, trying to get the answer that he wanted to his question, I've learned that I never want to act like that. I've been tempted to re-shuffle and re-draw plenty of times. When I was first starting out, I regretably did that sometimes. I always received a similar answer or became very flustered and confused.

So now I've decided that I only shuffle and draw one time for the question. If I'm confused about what the cards mean, I write them down, then walk away and just think about them for a while. Maybe re-do the reading on another day (though I have yet to do that).

Maybe the Powers that Be feel that you don't need to know. Or maybe there's something that They are trying to point out to you. You'll figure it out eventually. :)

Pao

SunChariot said:
It's more likely that if you kept asking the same question that you were feeling stressed inside. And we need to be in a calm state of mind to read properly.

I have literally had the cards tell me that I am not meant to know the answer to my question. They did not refuse to answer, they sent me a card that to me gave me that message, it was in the Lovers' Path Tarot.

What my cards do do if I ask the same question too often is they just stop working...they give me nonsense answers or contradictory answers. That is my cue to stop asking that same question. Although by now I have learnt enough that I don't keep asking the same question anymore anyway.

Bar

Yes itrs true i was a bit stressed and worried when i asked the question. And now i think perhaps they answered about my own state. I had asked a question about my friend's financial problems and instead got a card on healing, so now maybe it was telling me not to worry? Mine stop working too if i keep on so I agree with you there.

Fairawen said:
I get aggitated and reshuffle. Another lousey spread.

Eventually I just huff, puff, and put 'em away.

~A~
Yes that sounds like me as well. Like c'mon talk to me here only to be more confused and frustrated, i think the best thing to do is put them away but its hard when you need some clarity they cant even give you at that time!

Sakura Murasaki said:
So now I've decided that I only shuffle and draw one time for the question. If I'm confused about what the cards mean, I write them down, then walk away and just think about them for a while.

Maybe the Powers that Be feel that you don't need to know. Or maybe there's something that They are trying to point out to you. You'll figure it out eventually. :)
thanx! I did start writting the readings down so i can come back on a later day. and it does help a lot! and I do think they are pointing out something important too I just wish I had an asnwer to my question as well.

thanx so much, you've been really helpful!!

*Paola*

SunChariot

Pao said:
Yes itrs true i was a bit stressed and worried when i asked the question. And now i think perhaps they answered about my own state. I had asked a question about my friend's financial problems and instead got a card on healing, so now maybe it was telling me not to worry?

Or maybe the cards are just saying that your friend's financial problems are healing now. And/or if he/she has a problem with over-spending whatever lead him/her to do so is healing, leading to a healing of the situation. This is what seems likely to me that they were trying to say.

I personally think that the cards always answer the question asked. Unless you were outright exhausted when you did the reading and too tired to focus as you did it. They may contain a hint for you to relax too, but they also I believe contain the answer to your question you asked.

Bar