Buying every deck i see! AHHH

Pao

omg help me Im going crazy wanting every deck i see! omg I should @ least be an expert in one before i start going crazyyyy but they are all so pretty and different! what to do what to do..ahhhhh :D

Little Hare

I swear this happens to every single person who walks through aeclectic's *online* Doors....

First of all take a deep breath....

Balance it out.... do you really want 300 and something decks?

I have a personal opinion that decks need to be used and i hate thinking of them sitting there doing nothing.

Look at your favourite subjects For example mine are; faery's and Indigineous cultures so my top three decks are; the Fey, vision quest and Universal fantasy. if you have a few decks to pick from do you really need 100 or so more?

Look at reality :D How much money do you have? How much can you afford to spend on decks?.... maybe instead of buying the 50th deck donate half of that money to charity...

All in all in comes down to personal preference, buying decks is fun :D but i hate the feeling of unwrapping a deck and knowing that i won't connect with it. Plus i want money to spend on other things.

REally nut it out and think why you want so many decks... do you have enough at the moment to be content?

Just some muesings :heart:

Michelle

Hi Pao,

I know the feeling ! It was your post on the Spiral Tarot / Legend : Arthurian deck that got me thinking (okay obsessing) about the Legend deck. Hopefully someone in my family will surprise me with it for my birthday.

I went through a phase of buying decks frequently, then I realized I needed to start studying and getting to know the one's that I already had. Right now the Spiral is my fave companion and I have really connected with it. But am looking for a new friend....oh Legend.....come out and play.

Enjoy your Tarot shopping !

Namaste,
Michelle

Alpha-Omega

I know how u feel, I just bought 3 new ones in one week! lol I have a little extra spending money so I have been alittle tarot buying crazy.

The crowned one

It is a phase, and I say that with great relief! I was buying them in sets of 3 and 5 just so I could get a feel for a few decks at a time, that all important first impression when you walk into a crowed room sort of thing but with tarot cards. lol. I cut back fast and furiously to 3 decks all R/W symbolism based. And now I am more of a connoisseur...I look, think ask and ponder before buying, but I still get excited all the time.

geministar

Tarot will do that to you. When I started, I really didnt think I would keep any more than a few decks, but that idea has gone out the window! I have forced myself not to even look at any for a while because I have too many other debts to pay off!

LixiPixi

Yep - I know! I bought thinking I was only going to gain a few favorites. But once the true understanding of connecting with a particular deck came into play, then it all became a pursuit of happiness. Yep - I'm happy to say I found that happiness in my Golden Tarot (which ironically is one I avoided from the very beginning!). I LOVE my Golden so much so that I now own TWO of them...lol....and I use it exclusively daily!

I'm happy to say that I have a special love for every deck that I now own. I knew what I liked, and I knew what I didn't, and I wasn't afraid to trade those ones away. I'm happy to say that I have hit a plateau in my tarot life that I really don't "need" any others.

What I have now, I feel content with. I have several sitting off to the side that, while I love them, I'm not "ready" for them yet (my non-pips mostly). But I know the day will come when they'll yell out to me to pick them up. I keep those aside, and for now, I bond with the ones that are a part of my soul. While the others are a part of my soul too, they're just not the ones that I feel ready for today...ya'know...

Don't be intimidated by the hype. Go with your gut. You will surely have some disappointments when the mail arrives, as well as some positive highlights. Your heart will KNOW when you've found that one that makes you content to study indefinitely. Those "other" ones that you love and can't seem to part with...put them aside until either you progress or they're shouting for you to pick them up. That's when you'll "know" that you're "ready" for that particular one.

LP~

Stormwitch

I just need to win the lottery.

I won't spend a lot of it on tarot decks (hides 3 foot long list behind my back).. honest!!!

celticnoodle

Pao said:
omg help me Im going crazy wanting every deck i see! omg I should @ least be an expert in one before i start going crazyyyy but they are all so pretty and different! what to do what to do..ahhhhh :D
:laugh: yes, pao, many of us are the same way & I think like peace pixie said-
peacepixie said:
I swear this happens to every single person who walks through aeclectic's *online* Doors....
i swore it would not happen to me, (about 4 decks ago), and I've just purchased my newest deck a mere 5 days ago, and already have my eyes on another one!!! my poor wallet can't stand it either. The worse part is trying to sneak these into the house w/o my husbands knowledge. I swore to him months/decks ago---"this will be the last one, I promise!" :laugh:

Pao

Im so glad Im not alone! LOL I do think its because I haven't found "the one" yet. I love my robin wood deck that i started with i really do love it but Im still searching for one that just "speaks" to me. And this month is my bday so here i go making a list of "gifts" people can get me! LOL

thanx guys!!

Paola