trimming Margarete Petersen?

Mariana

Has anyone ever tried to trim or even just considered trimming a (second edition) Margarete Petersen tarot? I'm thinking of buying a second copy and trimming it. I hope it would bring out the art even more. And of course the cards are on the large side now, so it would solve that too. What do you think?

Little Baron

I hadn't. I love my MP as it is. The borders never offend like they do in so many others. And I like them as a frame to step through.

For me, I think they would lose their softness and elegance without. But I would be interested to see what they look like.

I have done some work with this deck of late and I have to say that it is an absolute gem. I adore it. One of my handful of real special ones and one that never leaves the tarot table in my room.

I think that it might be difficult for me, personally, to remember what all of the images were, so I do need the titles.

LB

Mariana

Little Baron said:
I think that it might be difficult for me, personally, to remember what all of the images were, so I do need the titles.

I think I want to trim it to forget about the titles. I'm one of those people who cannot ignore text. :) And so I am always tempted to just read which card it is and work from what I know about that card. Maybe trimming it would force me to 'feel' the artwork instead.

For me, this is 'the' deck, the one that I connect with most. And I can 'feel' it when meditating. But when reading, my left brain has trouble sitting still. It's quite hyperactive, my left brain. *sigh*