Online Tarot

Hidden

What is your take on Online Tarot readings, the kind when you pick a card from a pile of cards on the computer and you get your reading that way?

Thanks

6 Haunted Days

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I don't take them seriously. Sometimes they're a good way too see a deck, and you can't find images elsewhere. I just choose a larger spread option and keep clicking for new readings, you can see many cards this way.

Aulruna

I often go to Facade.com to have my cards drawn when I don't have a physical deck on me.

However, I do the interpretation myself - as obviously, a computerized reading can just spit pre-generated meanings back at you, there is no possibility for integration and synthesis.

Alta

Using ATF Community decks

.... and... you can get an on-line reading using the cards from the ATF Community decks right here.

willowfox

These online tarot readings seem to be very similar to slot machines for accuracy.

JonMAblaze

I see them as good practice, nothing more. I have the Tarot of Dreams reader on my computer, and I'll get on there and do one reading after another, just creating stories and reading the detailed card information. But I don't put too much stock in the readings.

la-luna

For me there are 2 possible (ok 3) uses for them
1 to learn how a deck you don't have yet "work" for reading - and so help to decide to get the deck yes or no
2 if the online-reading system has been made by the artist who designed the deck you can look into his thought patterns concerning tarot
and finally 3 just innocent fun

rainbowmoon

I don't know I had a pretty powerful one recently. I used to think it was just for fun. now I am wondering...lol.

MeeWah

I find them to work extremely well. & usually prefer to give them my own spin. Those readings are a good means to view cards of unfamiliar deck, too.

Hidden

Marion said:
.... and... you can get an on-line reading using the cards from the ATF Community decks right here.

I might actually try those.