Ever get chills?

jayem

personally, ive never read horrible news for somebody, but im curious as to who has.
i wonder what cards youd get if you read for somebody, and then they passed on quite soon after?
for those whove stumbled upon very unpleasant news during a reading, what were the cards and did you interpret them right? or was it just a bad feeling?

Alissa

In my experience, bringing up bad news or difficult things confirms a lot for people, which is a relief and often provokes (good) tears during a reading. I've seen the deaths of family members and friends (but never of the sitter him/herself) which is a painful place to have to go, but a reader who fearlessly treads into such waters can be rewarded by their couragous ability to help another in their grieving process.

It's up to Tarot to tell us what needs talked about, and a good reader just gets better at learning how to listen and give that message.

The worst reading I've ever had, for myself, was a man whom I later learned was a very dangerous individual and possibly psychopathic. The reading itself left me depleted, and feeling very upset (empathic me, I took on too much of his crap, basically). I did not get chills, but did get a horrible feeling that took some cleansing and visualization to get rid of.

edited to add: You asked what were the cards and in the death issues, the Death card was there. While "Death does not always mean physical death" I maintain that it CAN mean physical death, and in all of these readings it DID mean the physical death of a loved one... but that's another thread topic which has been discussed to Death already on these boards....

celticnoodle

I agree with Alissa, in that bringing up unfortunate news can sometimes be a good thing for your client(s). It's not an easy thing to do, but if you are going to read the cards, you also have to be honest and tell them all you see/feel/sense/hear with the cards also.

I, too, have read cards that spoke of traumas for my clients. Luckily, my clients were pleased to have a heads up with this, or to be able to have a chance to figure out how to handle the trauma when it began. So, its a good thing.

I've felt chills, and other things, such as a sense of dread, fear or in one case, quite ill, bodily, when I've read things. The worse thing was when I felt very drained, and ill, & nauseated when I saw a family member for my client hospitalized in the future. turns out they were dianosed w/cancer & went through chemo. i think i felt like the person felt after the chemo treatment. unfortunately, not a great feeling to have and thankfully it doesn't happen a lot. I've even forgotten about that until this post. But, it does happen and is just another confirmation that the tarot can be accurate.

I remember the one card for that person w/cancer was the 4 of swords, but i cannot recall the others around it. i have a copy of most of my readings, this one included. it's funny how many of my clients call me back in the future to remind me of what i read to them, (from their copy of the reading) and then tell me how accurate it was.

another client, i told her how someone very close to her in the family was going to be vicious and come after her to hurt her, so to be very careful. I also saw a man who worked with the vicious person, coming to my clients defense & helpiing her. I saw this 3mos. before it happened. i could even tell my client who this 'person' was, but the client would not believe me. Unfortunately, it happened just as I read it in the cards--right down to the last detail. The client was so shocked, and called me to tell me that they could not believe I was able to predict it right to the last detail. I must admit, it was one time, I wish my tarot prediciton was wrong, as she is still dealing with this person now.

Emily

Its been a couple of years now but I had a reading that stuck in my memory.

My hubby worked away most of the week and came back at weekends, it was a 2 1/2 hour drive, some of it down the motorway.

I didn't actually intend doing a reading but I was shuffling and dealing my cards and my mind wandered to hubby doing his long drive home and I drew cards and the Chariot and Death came up. I stared at this Death card, I think it was the Morgan Greer, and I knew that I was seeing Death and in my mind the Chariot turned into a car. I felt physically sick and all the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

I tried to calm down enough to phone hubby on his mobile. He was pretty shaken up too - He'd just been involved in a pile up just before getting onto the motorway. A woman driver had crossed over lanes and had headed straight for him, there was nowhere for hubby to go so he just held his breathe and prayed - somehow she missed our car but smashed into the following cars. Hubby said that there were swerving cars all over the place and she caused a massive crash that killed a few people. Hubby went back because he's a first aider but there was nothing he could do, she was killed outright.

Hubby had to pull over until he felt ok to drive again.

I've had the Death card come up again in readings but I think when it means an actual Death then the card gives off a different intense energy.

celticnoodle

WOW! Emily, what a horrible experience to have! I'm so glad that your hubby was and is okay.

Calq

Oh baby...when it comes to negative augury, the Tower card loves to tell me about future, traumatic experiences. It is the omen I look for...and believe me, I take caution when I see it.