Do the Cards Lie ?

Hidden

I am wondering, i am new to this whole tarot thing, i just got a professional reading from a physic who has a good reputation, and the things she said where amazing and the art of the cards, i think she was using the Rider-Waite-Smith absolutely amazed me.

So to get to the core, do the cards lie?

Thank you.

Water Lady

I think your perception of the reading answered your own question.

Tarot is a quide to living your live better. Some readers are new, like you and sometimes we don't interpret the cards well. Others are very experienced and read the cards very well.

Sounds like you got a experienced reader.

FaireMaiden

I would have to say that, no, the cards don't lie...

Interpretation, however, is another matter... But, even if the interpretation is incorrect, (we all have days where reading the cards is muddled at best and strained at worst), I wouldn't call that 'lying'...

'Lying', to me, is a rather conscious choice to mislead... and quite often, tho not always, for malicious purposes...

So, again, (unless one is in the presence of a reader who is saying something akin to, 'I see a curse has been placed on you and, for a fee, I will take the curse off you'), a reader may be mistaken in their interpretation of the cards, but not 'lying'... A mistake, or misunderstanding, is not the same as deceit...

Hope this helps you, *s*

willowfox

Hidden said:
the things she said where amazing

You seem to have answered your own question.

Skysteel

Hidden said:
So to get to the core, do the cards lie?

Sure, if you mean 'can the cards present information not congruent with objective reality'.

Disa

I guess if a person doesn't want to see what the cards are saying, they could be construed as lying to themselves, in which case, they may feel the cards are lying to them? (Did that make any sense, not sure if I'm putting it across right)

Also, what a reader says may not make sense at the time of the reading, but later, something happens and then it falls into place. I've often heard readers say, if something doesn't make sense just hold on to it for later.

I don't think the cards lie, it's our interpretation of them that may be off. I agree that lying is intentional and malicious, while misinterpretation, is just misinterpretation.

Disa

phoenixblu

I often wonder this... but it really is the situation on how prepared you are to accept what the cards are telling you....

I stopped reading for myself for a month of so... and asked a friend to see if it made change... then we would both draw and the answers from the two were similar.. (different cards, same guidance)

So, no I don't think they lie its just how you want to perceive and accept the answer it gives you :)

Sado

For me, the cards are beyond lies or truth. They operate on a different level. The cards are like the High Priestess - she shows some things, only to conceal others. Going behind her veil is a challenge every single time.

ofbainbridge

Imo the cards don't lie; people sometimes do, people can make mistakes, they can misrepresent, they can manipulate...they can abuse -but the cards are just as they are without any of that...

northsea

The Cards are 78 liers, liers, pants-on-fires.