Do the Cards Lie ?

Alta

Hidden said:
So to get to the core, do the cards lie?
Generally... unless you get one of those warped copies of the LLewellyn.

le fey

The cards don't lie, but they do sometimes enjoy riddles and puns!

Rosanne

Do you mean.........
The person who read the cards got the essence of the card wrong?
You looked at the card and got the wrong meaning?
What the card indicated has not happened yet?
If the card could speak and it said " well hello there I am not really the King of Cups, my image make look like the King of Cups, but really I am the Queen
of Swords" Meaning the image is a lie?
The reading appears to you as untrue?
The reading appears true, but you think the reading is too good to be true?
The person who is reading the card is making something up?
... or is it something like this
I asked if tomorrow was going to be a better day and I drew the Sun and it rained?
All these are possible except the forth query about the image not being true. THE sun is the Sun, but it is not a lie if it rains. It seems to me you are asking do I (we) believe and trust in Tarot- well I do. ~Rosanne

Aladdin

The cards do not lie in the context of the querent, of that i am sure.
Whether the querent or the reader posess sufficient brain power to fully appreciate the answers is entirely another matter.......
On occasions i've had a 'wind-up' from the cards for all their seeming seriousness as represented by the Coleman Rider-Waite type of decks, this has always done me a good service in believing and realising that nothing is cast in concrete interpretationally - unless the casting is done by the mafia !

Riverstone

The cards don't lie. They're the real deal. Now, slot machines... they lie. Never trust a slot machine.

WalesWoman

Cards don't lie, people using cards might.

Seafra

Why don't you ask yours? Whatever card you get in response you can always define as "No" in yes/no drawings.

alphamatrix

Sado said:
For me, the cards are beyond lies or truth. They operate on a different level. The cards are like the High Priestess - she shows some things, only to conceal others. Going behind her veil is a challenge every single time.

Same here. My cards don't lie, they just skip around the truth. Often it's when I should take the time to discover things for myself. My cards are especially fond of answering my questions with the words "patience" at the moment - it's amazing just how many ways they have told me off ;-)

Also, I find the cards don't lie, but are confusing, when I ask about other people's feelings, opinions, or emotions. I figure it's reflecting the fact that the other person is unsure/hasn't made up their mind yet/has changed their mind. Emotions are messy things!

Lexie

My opinion is that the cards don't lie.What happens sometimes is that we're unable to understand their meaning. This could happen for a number of reasons, for example we didn't ask the right question or to be specific we didn't express our question right, or we don't really want to know the truth , we just want the cards to give us a corfirmation of what we would like to happen.. Of course it's always a matter of intuition and mood.

Emily

Tarot cards are like other tools - in the wrong hands you can make them do whatever you want.

But usually if the cards are really off, then the fault could be in the interpretation and that wouldn't be lying, it could be inexperience, bad guidance or just an off-day.