Broken / Chipped Crystals

geministar

I was just wondering if anyone has ever broken or chipped one of their tumbled crystals and still kept using them.

Last week I dropped a citrine tumbled stone on my tiled floor and it broke. I love citrine so much and cant bring myself to throw it out because its broken.

thorhammer

The lady who *teaches* me about crystals says that when a crystal breaks, it's letting go of something on your behalf. She says it's a good idea to thank your crystal and take the broken-off piece and bury it - return it to Mother Earth, as she puts it. I like the idea.

I broke my beautiful natural smoky lemon citrine point a while back as well, and haven't got around to burying it - but it happened right at a time when it seemed that I was releasing, finally, a whole lot of badness from myself, and it was the bottom, smoky part that broke off. I'm inclined to go along with my teacher's way of thinking.

FWIW

\m/ Kat

ruski_svet

Or you can break them yourself. I carried a bunch of my crystals in a pouch to an event. Didn't realize that the fools gold I put in with them would scratch them up, and caused a couple chips. I still use them though, but I'm no good at sensing things about crystals.

memries

I bought my amethyst pendulum and the bottom was already chipped. I just like it that's all and it works very well. We are not all perfect and nor are crystals. It is in their nature to be chipped and broken and dug up.
I agonize for large gravel pits and think oh.. that is just awful and yet I could be way off base with my concern. ( I never admitted that one before).

silverwings94

I wear a flourite crystal point and there are some small scratchs and chips on it. I wouldn't give this up for anything, not even a new one.I have been wearing it now for 4 years.
Silverwings94

sleepingcat

The only stone i've ever had really break was a peice of rose "quartz" that shattered when i boiled it trying to take out the dye... whoops.

But I did have a celestite egg that was formed with grit and bits in it. Little nubs would crumble off until I had it and took it to the sink for an exfoliating scrub. After I scrubbed off all the deposit, it took a few pieces with it, but the egg seemed so much happier now it's clean. The light can come through the back now, it glows.

I'd say chipped or broken crystals just take on the scars and transformations like we do- even a tiny chip of stone has a lot to share with us, so nothing's been lost. They just become even more unique, and we were given the chance to be part of that expierence.

thorhammer

Crystals with "wounds" or breaks/chips can also be classed as "empathic" crystals. I'm sure there are hundreds of sites out there that can explain it better than I can, but basically, they come into our lives to teach us more about compassion, and to accept ourselves as we are, flawed and wounded and battlescarred.

There are also (apparently) "self-healing" crystals, that grow back. Hmm. I'm not entirely convinced on these, but I'm not going to diss anyone who has one and swears it's growing back from a break or chip. More power to it. And you. These are supposed to, obviously enough, allow us to learn to heal ourselves better.

Again, there are better explanations of this than I can provide. But it's food for thought, anyway.

BTW, fluorite is known for shattering when it's used to alleviate stress for long periods. It needs cleansing and lovin'. :heart:

\m/ Kat

Alta

I was wearing an amethyst cross charged and given to me for quite a while. This was back while I was working. I was on on particularly highly stressed visit (I traveled a great deal) and after the day I left the cross lying on the dresser. When I got up the cross had neatly broken. I still think it absorbed the enormous stress I was under.

memries

That is really interesting Marion. If crystals are giving off energy of some type or vibes then why would they not receive them ? I agree with you it broke because of the stress and length of it was well, I would suppose.

Thorhammer, Crystals do grow as in synthetic rubies or sapphires. If the growing conditions were right they would grow ! Not so far a leap to think someone's crystal grew.

To tell the truth I have noticed changes in my pieces of amethyst. I have several and of course left them on the window ledge where they faded.
I am not sure if the shapes just look different because of the change in color or if they changed. It seems to me there are tiny cracks in the base I never noticed before. I do not have any pictures so just kind of ignore it but I did wonder.

shadowbane

has the energy changed in the crystals since dropping them? what if the crystal wanted to break and its brought something new in something better. you could always try them for a while before throwing them out or burying them as above and see what happens.
I have things that are broken in my home as well im sentimental and if it works for me im happy.i have next to me a broken keyring its an angel etched into glass. no keyring left.