anything for hives

Viper_05

Is there anything out there that works well for hives? never know, so i hope this post doesnt get deleted/ i hope it was ok to post here, thanks:)

AJ

My commiserations! Last December I was on a new medicine that gave me hives on my forehead and over my eyes. Misery.

Don't use it in the eye area, but I found any product that has cortisone in it helps with the itching. You would find it in the area of the drug store that sells salve. Sometimes an antihistamine will help, just be careful as they will make you sleepy too.

Good luck.
edited to add: I didn't notice this was in crystals and herbs. What I offered wasn't herbal :) but I do hope you can get rid of them soon. They seem to have a 3 week course.

memries

This may not apply but may help someone. A girl I know had terrible eye infections to the point of maybe going blind. A naturopath told her to stop eating cheese. She did and her eyes are better. Every time she does eat it her eyes flare up. I guess they put something in it when they make it that affects some people. I know it sounds unbelievable but it is true anyway.
Allergies can come in different forms like hives.

I used to rub the spices in my hand to mix them when I cooked. That did it one night it was unbearable with hives. Someone found me a Benadryl pill and that fixed it.

What gave you the hives Viper ? Do you know ? That is half the battle.

Nevermore

Antihistamines?
I also think if you can find something that makes you feel calm when you smell it might help. I'm no expert. I just use antihistamines and know they'll work for sure.
ETA: thanks memries for reminding me. Experimenting with cutting a certain food from your diet for several days might help, see what might be disagreeing with you. An allergy test is great for current allergies.

Nevermore

memries said:
This may not apply but may help someone. A girl I know had terrible eye infections to the point of maybe going blind. A naturopath told her to stop eating cheese. She did and her eyes are better. Every time she does eat it her eyes flare up. I guess they put something in it when they make it that affects some people. I know it sounds unbelievable but it is true anyway.

What gave you the hives Viper ? Do you know ?

It's not unbelievable. I had trouble with cheese and milk and my eczema would flare up. Sometimes I think our systems just aren't built for some things.

memries

It is amazing Nevermore how much more we know now than before. I am slightly allergic to milk as well.

Viper_05

actually i have no clue what im allergic to, ive had alergy tests and well its told me, im alergic to dog and cat hair, ragweed, dust, pollen, some foods that ive avoided, but like its a chronic case and its anoying as hell, ive been taking 20mg antihistamine reactine pills for the past year and a half (i have hives everyday) and well the pills finally stopped working about 5-6 months ago, researching online i found that vitamin C is actually a natural antihistamine in 2000mg dosses or more, so i started mixing a cuple antihistamine pills with 2500-3000 mgs of vitamin c ive been doing it for a few months and that finally made the reactine pills work again, but its like im becomming more tolenrent to it and its slowly not working again, i probably typed too much lol but still its killing me:|

celticnoodle

oh viper, how awfully frustrating for you, not to mention painful. I agree with Fudugazi about the vinegar. You can put some in your bath water and soak in it, to help, or apply vinegar to a wet washcloth and blot it on the hives. It helps to alleviate the pain and itch as well as to clear them up. I knew a woman who use to drink 1tsp. of vinegar mixed in a glass of water every day, "to keep her health". now, while that actually tastes rather nasty, I must say I've never known a healthier or prettier lady, and she was an elderly woman, who looked at least 10-15yrs younger then her age!

Also, take oatmeal baths to alleviate the itch too. my daughter has many many allergies, like yourself, and continues to break out in hives often. the culprit was actually dairy products and so, she cannot partake of anything that has any dairy--this unfortunately even includes many boxed products such as hamburger helper products and other things. read the labels, anything with 'whey' in it can be a culprit. it took years to diagnose that with her, and could be your problem too. she prefers the oatmeal baths, as it is very soothing as well. you can also purchase oatmeal soaps, but be sure to get the ones that have no perfumes added to them, as they can just aggravate the situation more.

I feel for you, as I know there is nothing more aggravating then to have hives. I hope they clear up for you very soon, and will also warn you to check with your doctor before trying anything-just to be on the safe side. Sending you some healing light that they disappear quickly for you---good luck!

memries

Make a list of all the things you have given up and changed. If you are still getting them then they were not the cause of your problem. Start eliminating things, one by one, write them down and when you still get the hives you will know it is not that. Obviously try the large ones first like whey mentioned in the post by Celticnoodle. You have to help yourself Doctors and their tests do not know it all. Sometimes they may but they don't do it anyway. You have to do it for yourself.

If your wear any aftershave or anything, try the absence, etc. It won't take long if you still get them to know it is not that.

I have one strange one I never hear mentioned. I cough like crazy if I use certain toothpastes. I have one now and it is not too bad. I felt like going back to using salt and baking soda like they did in the olden days.
I use an Arm & Hammer product but even some of those still make me cough.
I have tried every major brand there is over the years.

Do you have it every day or are there some days you do not ? If so what did you do the day you did not have them ? If you do have it every day then it is something you do or touch or eat every day.