Scary reading! What to do?

birdsong123

I just had the strangest Tarot experience. I'm a little alarmed (okay, a lot alarmed). A graduate student who worked with me this season to learn how to do professional stuff had her last day with me today. As part of her goodbye gift, I told her I'd give her a free crystal and tarot reading. She was pumped!

Until the cards came out. Major bad stuff. It all starts when her new changes begin in her new place of employment, which is across the country and she leaves in a month. I ended up doing the spread 3 times. The Devil, The Tower, reversed Wheel, Star reversed, Tower...Same horrid stuff. Then I took out oracle cards. All the worst. No matter what deck I drew. I did the Celtic Cross, and it all looked fine until we got to to possible future and every card that happened beyond that. Every time I laid out the spread, it started okay in the early cards and then went from bad to worse.

What the heck kind of gift is that? I ended up trying to make it sound as positive as possible, but truly...it was a horrible, scary reading. What do we do in that situation?

Whoa.

I came home tonight and took out every single deck I have - about 7 decks. Same awful stuff. More Devil. More Reversed Wheel. Strength reversed.

I worry that something bad is going to happen to her and it may be health related. When I asked her today at the reading if there is anythign going on with her health, she said she did find a lump and I told her that it is really important to check it out (trying not to sound alarmed or alarming) and that if she could do it BEFORE she moves, that would be best. But something may be happening at the new move as well. Conflict, strife, sneaky stuff, turbulence.

I took out the pendulum. Since I kept getting the King of Cups upright early on and in later spreads, reversed later in the spread timeline, I asked the pendulum if something bad would happen to her father. No. Her brother? No. Her? Yes. Her health? Yes. Could it be life or death? Maybe. Is there somethign she can do through medical care that can help prevent this? Maybe. Will this be her dream job? No. Will something bad happen there? Yes.

I want to call a psychic friend of mine and see if she can get anything on her. I'm a little scared for this querant, to be honest, and after doing more at home...I'm even more frightened for her.

What would you do?

I left her with one of my pendulums to ask some insightful questions on her own, but want to give her more information if I can, especially if something bad can be prevented.

Can anyone help? If you want to try a reading on her and see if you get anything different, that would be great. Does anyone here have psychic intuition that is better than mine?

And another important question: what do you tell a client in a reading like this? It was SO foreboding!

I'd really appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks!

Raya

birdsong123 said:
Is there somethign she can do through medical care that can help prevent this? Maybe.

This I think is really important. My rule of thumb is that the cards won't show anything bad unless it's as a warning, and thus is still preventable. The reason she got a "maybe" to this question could be because she has a narrow window of time to get this taken care of. Were it me, I would urge her to get tests done and emphasize the part about how the cards won't tell us bad things unless it's something we can change. Instead of asking whether something bad will happen or what it is, ask what she can do to take care of the situation. That seems to be the biggest question at this point. This could be a testing time for her, sometimes we have to go through hard times. I feel like this might be that for her. She'll be in my prayers.

Alta

I think that she, via you, is getting a clear warning here. Be pretty direct that in medicine early detection is absolutely the best. Something that might be a small procedure now could be much more difficult later. Urge getting a complete checkup and soon, before she goes.

If you also pinpoint any other areas, be calm. Note that life throws curves and again, forewarned is forearmed. Try and rein in your own emotions; be dry and calm about it but point out potential problem areas.

Try to not be general about dangers, that is just frightening and paralyzes the ability to act.

Alta

birdsong123

Thank you both so much for your wonderful replies. You are both right. I'll contact her and share that information with her. Thank you so much.

Ange

This is a difficult one, but one which you cannot avoid.

To not say anything when the signs are so strong would be something that you would find incredibly hard to live with if and when anything happened to her.....

On the other hand, you can't really walk up to her and tell her she is going to snuff it pretty soon......

My advice would be to urge the medical check, as others have said, and let her know gently that the cards didn't come out too well re the new job etc.....and have a chat to her about that....maybe take her with you to see a psychic......
Ang x

stella01904

birdsong123 said:
And another important question: what do you tell a client in a reading like this? It was SO foreboding!
I tell them to pray. Seriously. I tell them it has to be very honest and from the heart, very sincere, and to make time to do it three times a day until the danger has passed. Everybody has to cross the abyss from time to time.

Isn't this why we use oracles, so that we can see around corners and try to dodge some of the bullets?

willowfox

For what it is worth, I tried two readings and both spreads showed nothing untoward would happen, in fact they showed her as coming out on top and feeling quite happy with her new location.

So, I presume that by telling her you nip the potential problem in the bud so to speak.

I am tired and it is late so I hope I am not talking nonsense.

Teheuti

Bad things happen! This may not be a "warning" - it may be descriptive of what is already in the works. Still, it could be metaphorical or it could be something whose effects can be mitigated. So, how can you best deal with all these possibilities?

Since you've gotten indications of health AND she did mention a lump, then you could confirm that she is worried - if not consciously, then unconsciously - which is coloring everything else, and for her well-being at all levels she needs to do something about it.

It seems well worth while to urge her to do the intelligent thing when you have a lump and see a doctor - immediately (like you did).

When I read for someone with medical issues - that I am not qualified to handle nor is it ethically appropriate for me to do so - then I tell the person we will focus the reading on what she can do about her state of mind and what are the gifts/lessons in the experience. If the Devil comes up, then the gift is that she gets to look at her greatest fears - other cards will make clearer what the significance of this is for her.

I've read for people dying of AIDS. Although I've been asked to do so, I refuse to predict when they are going to die. They are on a journey. It can be a powerfully meaningful one with some supportive guidance. Art Rosengarten provides an amazing example of this in his book _Tarot and Psychology_, where he gave a Tarot deck to a man in hospice. Read it.

Some readers find themselves called to situations like this fairly frequently. Not only are they Tarot midwives, but sometimes they are midwives through physical life transitions.

IMO, Alta's advice above was excellent.

Mary

SunChariot

The first thing to remember is that when Tarot predicts the future it is only predicting one possible future amongst many. The best the cards can do is to tell you what future the querent is heading towards at the moment teh reading is done, IF nothing changes from the time the reading is done until the time the reading talks about.

This can be very accurate because generally things don't change in and of themselves and things tend to follow set patterns. BUT the good news is, armed with the news of the future we are headed towards, the vast majority of the time we can change it. That is the gift that is Tarot.

It allows us to change our future. What this all says is that if you had not done that reading, that future would have inevitably happened, as things would have followed their set plan. The gift you have within you hands is now you can do additional readings and ask how you can prevent what you saw that was unpleasant from happening. You can now ask "What steps does the querent need to take to prevent "X" from happening? and" What steps can the querent now take to change the outcome predicted in my last reading into a positive one. Then you can give them these answers and they can take these steps and most likely change the sitation.

That is the beauty of Tarot, not as a predictive tool, but as a tool to prevent things we do not want in my life. I can tell you I have seen this work many many times. Enough times that I consider it a blessing in disguise when you get cards predicting something negative. Because armed with that knowledge you can then set out to fix things. Then you just take a deep breath and work to correct the sitution. If you have NOT done the reading the querent would have been stuck with her fate because she would not know ti was coming and could not prepare or correct it. You gave her a gift, that if used properly can change things.

I have personally seen this work many times, so I am not just talking theory. I have prevented relationship from leading to tragedy in the future and even saved a life. Just remember the future CAN be changed and you can do more readings now to change it. I also had a card once predicting a potential future death. Yes, it was no fun telling the querent, but we did work on it together and prevented it from happening. I am sure of that because other readings and by other readers said the same, that that was about to happen but we had averted it.

I would personally tell a client before any reading on the future, that this future shown is just where they are heading now and it can be worked with.

Then if I got those cards, I would carefully and tactfully tell them what I saw and then tell them that NOW that we have seen it we're going to work to see what we can do to correct it and the cards will give them advice they can work with to change things. And I would tell them I am there for them to help with that.

I wish you all the best,:heart:
Babs

SunChariot

willowfox said:
For what it is worth, I tried two readings and both spreads showed nothing untoward would happen, in fact they showed her as coming out on top and feeling quite happy with her new location.

So, I presume that by telling her you nip the potential problem in the bud so to speak.

I am tired and it is late so I hope I am not talking nonsense.

Well the reading could have certainly been enough to change things. If someone told me something terrible might happen to me at a new job, I just don't think that I would take that job. That could have been enough to change the future right there. Maybe someone would have attacked her there and caused her bodily harm in some way, but now if she has decided not to take that job the danger is over.

Or maybe the advice that she see a doctor for that lump literally saved her life. And now she will be fine. Then of course that reading would be a true gift. Without it, things could have gone very badly, but with the reading they can be averted. THAT is the gift of Tarot. Not just telling the person the news, but what that knowledge allows them to do to change things.

Just my thoughts. No it's not nonsense to me, makes a lot of sense actually.

Babs