The Teaching Tent

Moon mind

Hi everyone

...taking a brake from computer .. not for long:) I’m back.

thanks Mi-Shell
..for saying that you have -human- guides as well.
I do have young men repeatedly coming to my dreams, with usually 'romantic' theme to the dream. these dreams are very vivid and I feel tons of love (all kinds) in it. This young men - (sometimes are two) coming in all kinds of 'characters' from 'saints to lusty' beings. but I know that it is the 'same- guide'
This love feeling usually is romantic :blushing:but it goes straight to spiritual message.
I read in one book that they are called ... Fairshee... but I don't know if this is what I am meeting in my dreams, because he doesn’t have only romantic feel. it has deep spiritual feeling...and usually it is guidance there.
I would like to also ask this: Is dreams that you had in early childhood still any value?
I had repeating dreams about WOLFS and I mean I was four so... but this dreams they very DEEP. about Wolfs and they were hunting me or following me, so not a good - feel dream. Ussually i was standing in the middle of forest and wolf(one or more) would howl at me and chased me.

Books that are good about guides, I think , Ask your guides from Sonia Choquette is very good one to learn about guides and how to contact them.
also Sanya Roman Opening to Channel is very good. She has a lot of exercise to go into channeling state of mind... is that what the THeta state is ? I am assuming so..

good day everyone!

Moon mind

I would like to post some taking from books :

In Opening to channel Sanaya Roman talks about going into trance:

......Trance state feel as if you have suddenly become very wise.. channeling involves the achievment of slightly relaxed state where you can turn attention inward and upward to recieve messages from higher realms....

Sanaya also states in her book that ussually we have -oneguide- as Sonia Choquette she talks about tons of guides. starting from the practical ones to one that gives soul-spiritual guidence. She talks about how do you knw when it is guidence or it comes from ego.

I know form other book (laurie Cabot) who teaches to go into betta state of mind , that is where you make your spells (witchcraft) and also connecting to higher spheres ... Astral projection...

Now my questions is:
Are all these authors talking about the same state of mind or there is difference between them? Beta? channeling ? connecting to guides? Astral projection? what is the differnce? How do you know that is a 'lower guidence' not worth listening to?

Mi-Shell

Boooooooooks!!!

Talking Boooooks!
Now some will say: THAT”S where she got all the stuff from!
Another armchair shaman!!!
The best book will not help you when in comes to working with the terminaly ill, the raped and the disenfranchisedI Books are also useless when it comes to seing cancer cells - ore none in a patient undergoing chemo - ot refusing treatment altogether = the REAL WORLD!
But i love to sit down and read if I am not hanging here typing this .
We have over 3000 books about all kinds of subjects and many are there to be loaned - and hopefully returned sometime!
Yes, and 67 of them are murder mysteries but the rest of them are along the lines of Mythology, Spirituality, Anthropology , Shamanism and Peter’s huge Rock Art book collection.....
Sooo here we go:
Animals: We mentioned
Ted Andrews - Animal Speak
Animal Wisdom - myth, folklore and medicine Power of animals
Jessica Dawn Palmer --- my favorite!!
soft, gentle , for beginners:
Power Animal Meditations -- Shamanic Journeys with your Spirit Allies Nicki Scully
Animal Magick - DJ Conway .....> Wicca anyone!!! good book!
VERY speciffic and culturaly precise:
Animals of the Soul - Sacred Animals of theOglala Sioux, Joseph Epes Brown
Zuni Fetishes Hal Zina Bennet ---> Good info about Older Brother Mountain Lion , Bear and maaaany others!
Giving Voice to Bear - North American Myths ,and Rituals of Bear
David Rockwell
Shamanism, being “on the path”
Roger Walsh, Mircea Eliade, Ruediger Kahlweit and many others have numerous titles in several languages, also spanish and Japanese
Joan Halifax Shamanic Voices and others fron her
by request in German: Baerenmedizin und Jaguartraum Nana Nauwald
Das Buch der Schamanen Europa und Asien, Mihail Hoppal

For our Snake Dreamers:
The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the origins of knowledge is a must!
South America: upon request:
Alberto Viloldo wrote several, the first is the best, others fade...in my oppinion... sorry!!
Secrets of the Ancient Incas Michael Peter Langevin
Animated Earth - Daniel k Statnekov discovers the “magic “of Peruvian Whistling Vessels
Sastun :My apprenticeship with a Maya Healer -- Rosita Arvigo
Shaman MD A plastic surgeon’s journey into ths world of shapeshifting Eve Bruce, MD
Woman who glows in the dark A Mexican Curandera reveals traditional secrets of physical and spiritual Health -- Elena Avila with Joy Parker
North America Native as well as Global!
Mother Earth Spirituality My friend DE McGAA, Eagle Man
also his other book where he explores Celtic ways with Indian Eyes (I borroed it to someone and never got it back....
Sacred Earth The Spiritual Landscape of Native America Arthur Versluis
Stars Above Earth Below Native Americans and Nature Carnegie Museum of Natural history
Marsha C Bol Editor
The Sacred ways of Knowledge , Sources of Life Peggy v Beck and others
Buffalo Woman Comes singing My friend Brooke Medicine Eagle = DO THE EXERCISES!!!!!

and 1000 others
among them and VERV specific (wink wink)
The Wolves of Heaven
Cheyenne Shamanism, Ceremonies and prehistoric Origins
About speciffic Native Nations check everything from Thomas E Mails
Mooore???? please Pm me

Just a very few about Siberia:
The Archaeology of Shamanism Edited by Neil Price
Any thing from Sarangerel Odigon or Kira van Deusen
and with great pics of rituals:Shanar,Dedication of a Buryat Shaman - Virlana Tkacz and others

Artists : I HAVE to mention Susan Seddon Boulet : the decks of her paintings and the books Shaman as well as the Goddess paintings and others
Also the Art of Mara Friedman--- and did you guys knoew that Kandinski followed Shamanism????? many of he=is paintings are entoptic trance pics.....

Celtic???
I am not realy qualified for that but to mention Caitlin Matthews and her husband is save.
I like the Daily meditations for the year and the Celtic Oracle - with GREAT pathworkings
Also for everyone :Sacred living daily Guide Robin Hereens Lysne
Australia
again many books, I just mention
Wise Woman of the Dreamtime
Aboriginal tales of the ancestral Power collected by K Langloh Parker
Voices of the First Day Awakening in the Aboriginal Dreamtime Robert Lawlor

So, I have had it for now
someone else has to suggest some more!
BAT CHICKEN!!!! Can You please list the 3 books I borrowed you - (i do not need them, keep them for now!) and then please list some of your Celtic choices!!!
Looove
Mi-Shell

Mi-Shell

Very modern very un-traditional teachings !!!

Trance and brainwave activity:

We have ( hopefully) 2 brain hemispheres r + l
Both run on different cycles of different brainwaves all the time. they usually switch every 45 min as to who is dominant , You notice, when you feel you need a break or you just sort of lost it the other half took the lead to give the previous one a break. They may both run on beta but are not synchronized or one is sound in alpha and you sit in the office in a meeting and it all zoooooms by....
Drumming synchronizes both brain hemispheres onto one rhythm few other things do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fast rhythms when your hands are flying over 4 conga drums synchronies on Beta and then, when the brain is entrained go to alpha
Shamanic drumming =160 to 210 LOUD beats per minute on a (frame) drum with overtones will synchronies you to low alpha and from there maybe into Theta and delta waves=
Thetha =ecstatic trance= (you can move , dance do a few other things but your eye balls are rooed inside = only white visible and the surrounding is just a faint shade in the background or the world around you is GONE)
-> orDelta= stupurouse catatonic trance. (You lay on the floor do not move and are OUT for a while, come back and hopefully remember where you were)
Coming back from that one involves Shaking very badly! a saying amongst practitioners is : NO SHAKING NO SHAMAN
from “journeying" in low alpha you do not shake it is like waking our from a dream. But it is not considered trance, it is however a profound altered state of consciousness and there are as many variations as paths in the forest....
Brainwaves
awake and alert = typing this stuff= reading it = 13-26 herz = cycles per second = beta waves = not trance!!!!
awake and deeply engrossed in - reading relaxed, surrounding fades to background +high alpha 13 to 10 herz
meditation, visualization, journeying in the western boooook sense = low alpha 9 or 8 herz and low alpha when both brain hemispheres synchronies to have the SAME rhythm YOU SEE THE COLOURS But it is not trance
theta = 6 to 8 is full ecstatic trance
Delta below 6 it gets tricky and you may pee your pants unless you are asleep. Delta waves is seen in deeeeep dreamless sleep, catatonic trance and also with brain injuries and in Coma
C, trance Can last 5 min to usually 20 to up to 6 hours
People in Delta only breath 4-6 times a minute! that and stiff neck and fixed pupils divide the “Medicine makers from the fakers.”

Sooo and I have a teaching circle here in my house tomorrow and now have to clean the joint!!!!!!
M.

Mi-Shell

Traditional Teachings and modern Questions:

Creation Legend: Ojibwa

Before this world came to be, there lived in the Sky-World
an ancient Chief. His head was like the sun, his body like the rocks.
In the centre of his land grew a beautiful tree which had four white roots stretching to each of the four directions:
North, South. East and West.
From that beautiful tree. all good things grew.
Then it came to be that the beautiful tree was uprooted by Whirlwind the Changer and through the hole it made in the Sky-World fell Misacamigo que, the youthful wife of the ancient Chief. She was clutching
a handful of seeds, which she grabbed from the tree as she fell.

Far below there were only water and water creatures
who looked up as they swam.
"Someone comes," said the duck. "We must make room for her."
The great turtle swam up from his place in the depths. "There is room on my back," the great turtle said."But there must be earth
where she can stand," said the duck and so he dove beneath the waters, but he could not reach the bottom.
"I shall bring up earth," the loon then said and he dove too, but could not reach the bottom.
"I shall try," said the beaver and he too dove but
could not reach the bottom.
Finally the muskrat tried.
He dove as deeply as he could, swimming until his lungs almost burst. With one paw he touched the bottom, and came up with a tiny speck of earth clutched in his paw.
"Place the earth on my back." the great turtle said, and as they spread the tiny speck of earth it grew larger and larger and larger until it became the whole world.
Then two swans flew up and between their wings they caught the woman who fell from the sky. They brought her gently down to Mother Earth the Turtle,where she dropped her handful of seeds from the Sky-World.
Then it was that the first plants grew and life on this new place to be began.
Misacamigo que however was pregnant! And felt very lonely. So Gichi Manido, the great ancient Chief send her a companion:
Maheengun the Wolf.
Maheengun took care of Misacamigo que and also hunted for her. When in mid October her time of birthing came it was he, who bit through the umbilical cords of the twin girls she birthed and it was with his beautiful tail that he kept mother and the twins warm. It was he who hunted and protected them through the first winter on Mother Earth the Turtle. The twin girls grew up to be the first clan Mothers of the Cree and Ojibwa People, the Anishenabe Nation........

--This is a creation legend without many metaphors.
Guess which animals are sacred to the Anishenabe People??
- Guess what fur is much sought after for medicine pouches?
What is your PERSONAL creation legend? myth???
How do YOU think we got here?????
Does your creation legend go in sink with your daily life and your Spirituality??
If yes, good, if no -or don’t know -or not really, -then there is a source of spiritual and therefore emotional disconnect.
Write your own personal Creation legend!
We as humans have to know, where we are coming from in order to know where we want to go and how to get there!!!
Aho!
Mi-Shell

Attachments

• Mother Earth and Misacamigo que.bmp
    125.6 KB · Views: 151

Milfoil

Mi-Shell said:
--This is a creation legend without many metaphors.

It does teach us that although many animals had the skill to swim, only one could complete the task (not all things can be achieved by all people even if we have similar skills).

From the smallest grain of truth a whole world can grow.

Mi-Shell said:
What is your PERSONAL creation legend? myth???
How do YOU think we got here?????
Does your creation legend go in sink with your daily life and your Spirituality??
If yes, good, if no -or don’t know -or not really, -then there is a source of spiritual and therefore emotional disconnect.
Write your own personal Creation legend!
We as humans have to know, where we are coming from in order to know where we want to go and how to get there!!!
Aho!
Mi-Shell

Thats a real problem for me so I guess we have discovered my first disconnect. I have no creation legend. A few years ago I would have laughed at all this, being an amatur astronomer and very interested in all areas of science, I find creation myths difficult to 'believe in' though I can appreciate the metaphors.

Why do we need to believe in a creation myth, why can we not believe in the scientific understanding or would that in itself be a foundation for a creation legend?

Imagemaker

I would agree with you, Milfoil, that a scientific evolutionary "story" could be your creation myth. Mine, too!

Bat Chicken

There is a thread discussing Science and Faith earlier in this forum that expresses a few ideas on that subject..... including my thoughts.

All a 'creation myth' is, is a way to explain the world. Is that not the purpose of scientific theory?
Mi-Shell said:

Write it the way you understand it...... the way you 'believe' it.....

nelsleep

creation legend and talking stick

I too have not ever had a personal creation legend apart from scientific discoveries that have answered the how, but I feel have been sparse on answering the why for me! It is something that cannot be changed if one has not grown up within a first-nation family. The knowledge can be assimilated (and I am not going to say adopted because I do not apologise for wanting to learn from the earth families who have been keepers of our spiritual knowing!), But as I can never grow up again (at least for this lifetime), I now inhale that clear but simple and soul-feeding explanation offered of the why/where and how we, and our Earth came to be here...

So when reading this legend of the Ojibwa people it is still sustaining to my western reared self. As I read it this is what I observed my self observing!

I saw that the Earth came from creation/spirit itself, through a process of change (Whirlwind the changer) so the All that we are is Spirit in changed forms. I observed that the young Wife and the Animals are intimately interrelated & interdependant, that the animal world supports the young wife (humanity). We would do well to remember this.

They support each other all upon the back of mother Earth who supports us all. The Animals activity of be-ing here, cloaked Mother Earth with the sustaining energy of the soil that grew deeper wider until the Youthful Wife was able to safely land. The Ojobwa and Cree people acknowledge the Female in her fertility and in creating their nations (the youthful wife and twin daughters).

The male Spirit in Wolf form, hunts, feeds and protects, a no more important or less important action in this legend than any other role played by any other participate in the grand event of be-ing.

Mi-Shell, I had to say I have found a use for the talking stick that I hope you are not offended at. I have two boys 5 and 10 yrs. So the younger one is not so verbal and tends to get drowned out and not get Mum's ear, particularly on car drives. He gets angry and sad and cries as he forgets what he was going to tell, when he finally gets the chance. I introduced the talking stick on impulse to soothe and improve the situation. Now the (imaginary) talking stick gets passed around the car as we drive! I want to take the boys looking for real ones to decorate! (Should we have a ritual to choose them or bless them?)

Plonk back down... finished.

Mi-Shell

nelsleep said:
Mi-Shell, I had to say I have found a use for the talking stick that I hope you are not offended at. I have two boys 5 and 10 yrs. So the younger one is not so verbal and tends to get drowned out and not get Mum's ear, particularly on car drives. He gets angry and sad and cries as he forgets what he was going to tell, when he finally gets the chance. I introduced the talking stick on impulse to soothe and improve the situation. Now the (imaginary) talking stick gets passed around the car as we drive! I want to take the boys looking for real ones to decorate! (Should we have a ritual to choose them or bless them?)

Plonk back down... finished.

Hi nelsleep1 What a wonderful idea! and very much in keeping with the traditions!
And more so since YOU now become the Visionary in your family = having a vision of what could help the family dynamics!
Now continue on the path of the visionary and create, with much input from everyone, a befitting Talking Stick = tool for all of you. And then YOU take the lead and create with your family the ritual that works and is meaningful for you all! and have fun in the process!

Hi Milfoil, hi Imagemaker!
Sure, the scientific viewpoint of how we all got here is a creation myth/ truth/ sacred mystery in its own right! And good when it is in sync with your pathway!

Bat Chicken you pointed out the golden egg! The BIG BANG is one ful fledged creation story among many others!
So, How do you all fit in it? Random acident or.... !!?
Do you have the inner need to fit into it?
Why or why not?
Either answer is valid and good as long as you know it for yourself.
I will put your spirituality on stable feet.
= You know where you come from then you will know where you are going and get some good inuition as to how to get there!