On seeing the 'other side'...

canid

Last night I was lying in bed reading a book (a common enough occurrence) when a *lit* yellow lacey pattern started dancing in & around the words on the page. OK, this is also a common enough occurrence; it's a prelude (for me) to seeing auras & such, & if you're seeing an aura, you're seeing the 'other side', the spirit world, or whatever you personally call it - the veil is lifted. I will see yellow, cobalt, violet or a beautiful indigo, swirly patterns & geometric shapes; it's difficult to describe. It's a color but so much more than a color, it's colored vibrant light, & stunningly beautiful. So I immediately held my hand up; sure enough, my aura was clearly visible. So was my dog's, my cat's...you get the picture. I got out my crystal ball & scrying mirror, which are on my nightstand because I use them regularly, & saw sooo much more than usual. What really stands out was seeing, clearer than I ever have before, my spiritual mentor, Bill Roth, who passed away 10 years ago. I think that lasted for 2 whole seconds. He wasn't smiling this time - he looked surprised. I was seeing very very clear people & 'scenes', not just the *normal* faces I usually see when using my preferred scrying methods - the faces morph very quickly. I saw a lot of words - on 2 books, a scroll, a few really pretty & ornate signs, & although they 'stayed' longer than usual, it still wasn't long enough to read it. Very frustrating. Anyway, my question is WHY is this so sporadic, what triggers it? I've been trying to figure this out for a long long time, so I can better control it. I can see auras at will, but it takes me a while, & not always in color. When this happens tho it's totally intense & awesome. The only thing I can think of that I did different was I took 2 Benadryl about an hour before. I AM going to try the Benadryl again in a bit. Don't want to do it yet because it really makes me sleepy. Anyone have suggestions? I HAVE asked my guides & other powers that be for help.

Disa

Not sure about auras specifically, canid- but I find I see more when I'm not looking for it. It seems when I'm completely relaxed, things materialize.

celticnoodle

canid, no advice for you, really- especially as far as scrying goes, I'm pitiful at it. :( but, wanted to comment that this experience is really very cool!!! :) wow! what a wonderful experience! i wonder, if you could just meditate WITHOUT the crystal ball or scrying mirror on the images you remember seeing and get more detail then? or does this sound a bit silly? please let us know here if you get anymore. :) i'm going to follow this thread for sure! :D

mingbop

I don't know canid, I don't have anything like this. :)

BlueDragonfly

One possible explanation is that while you were laying there reading, your brain waves started to slow(aided by the benadryl) in preparation for sleep and you were still alert enough to 'see' it. Like entering a meditative state.

Regardless, that is very cool to have happen.

canid

celticnoodle said:
canid, no advice for you, really- especially as far as scrying goes, I'm pitiful at it. :( but, wanted to comment that this experience is really very cool!!! :) wow! what a wonderful experience! i wonder, if you could just meditate WITHOUT the crystal ball or scrying mirror on the images you remember seeing and get more detail then? or does this sound a bit silly? please let us know here if you get anymore. :) i'm going to follow this thread for sure! :D

I did. Well, not meditate, all I had to do was close my eyes & the images came.

canid

BlueDragonfly said:
One possible explanation is that while you were laying there reading, your brain waves started to slow(aided by the benadryl) in preparation for sleep and you were still alert enough to 'see' it. Like entering a meditative state.

Regardless, that is very cool to have happen.

If so, it is really cool-you're right! I just took Benadryl (allergy season). I'll *see* what happens.

canid

mingbop said:
I don't know canid, I don't have anything like this. :)

Then how do you & CelticNoodle DO what you DO?? I want to be able to make rhyme or reason out of what I see.

Milfoil

All that you describe sounds familiar, the light trance with the colours etc and without a specific reason or question, all sorts of images, sounds, words, smells and sensations dance forth.

Intent will make sense of the images, when you go into a trance with intent of answering a question, then the images will answer it or lead you to new areas of inquiry.

For me its like being everywhere in the Universe at once, only my intention sets the course, otherwise there I am being bombarded by everything.

214red

so what did your guides say? did you listen to what they replied? Also it takes practice, if for instance you did it daily you would likely be able to control it, it takes time. you then learn how, what, when things happen, it will be sporadic at first though. likely you were simply relaxed, hence why most people hear spirit or see things when they start to develope last thing at night when they are dropping off to sleep, or other relaxed moments, your guard is down and therefore you can hear/see them.

i wouldnt take drugs i would think about try to relax more and see what happens, dont try too hard