Lo Scarabeo 2009

rwcarter

Onyx said:
It won't be available in the USA due to copyright reasons, or so I hear.

Onyx.
cardlady and I both already know we're going to have to order from Europe. I'm guessing she wants to know when the deck will be available for purchase (in those countries where it will be sold) so that she can place an order. I know I want to know that info!

Rodney

midniteeye

Onyx said:
It won't be available in the USA due to copyright reasons, or so I hear.

Onyx.

aren't you glad there is no border on ebay?

magpie9

LS Tarot Book

I hope this is not too Off Topic (but then, I am never off topic...) but I just got my copy of the Lo Scarabo book "Tarot". It's amazing, wonderful bigger than life photos of many of their decks...and the various golden decks have an actual card glued in place, so you can see how the gold really is. Wonderful book for lovers of LS tarots, in their beauty and variety. We are perhaps a little spoiled by LS, and take it for granted. One of the things I was really struck by is the wide range of their decks, from historic reproductions to space age, and everything in between.
Thank you, Ricardo, and LS for being the cutting edge of tarot. Without you I think we might be condemned to just RWS and Thoth clones, and many unusual and imaginative decks would never come to birth. Or Print. Well...you know..

mary ventura

LS is doing a Colman-Smith deck? Is this a Centennial celebration, a la US Games commemorative deck?

Mary V

rwcarter

mary ventura said:
LS is doing a Colman-Smith deck? Is this a Centennial celebration, a la US Games commemorative deck?

Mary V
Ric posted this link back in post 24. There are pics of a few cards from their 100th anniversary deck in the pdf.

RiccardoLS

Mmmh, it seems I have killed the link when cleaning the FTP.

Anyway it's nothing special.
We planned differently, but we had some trouble obtaining the licensee.

It's deck only, LS quality cardstock, 66 x 120 mm size, rose&lilies backside, English name in the bottom part, 4 languages (small) and number in the upper part.

ric

rwcarter

RiccardoLS said:
Anyway it's nothing special.
There are a number of us who disagree with that statement. ;) That's why a number of us in the US (and prob other countries where the deck can't be sold) will be ordering from overseas....

Rodney

mary ventura

Thanks for answering. I'd googled and googled, and couldn't find a thing about it. I'm always interested in anything RWS. Especially interested in the backs (Roses & Lilies) because I can't stand the tartan backs ...they remind me of the pleated skirts my mom made me wear in grade school. :mad:

Mary V

Le Fanu

Some of the new releases are already available at alidastore...

I see they've got the Tarot of Sweet Twilight (with misprinted box) as well as the Tarot of Princesses and the Tarot of Sexual Magic....

Shade

I was so tempted to get them from Alida but since there's only a month to go I ordered Sexual Magic and Sweet Twilight from Llewellyn. I have had great experiences with Llewellyn and shipping was free... now I just have to wait.