Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

Wendywu

Cat* said:
To repeat my post from the Subscriber Competition thread: "Note to self: When you're a bird of prey, you'll never make a convincing chicken. So stop trying to be something else and accept who you are. So there."

That's a big realisation to come to Cat*. Understanding this and living life accordingly will bring a great deal more calm into your heart. A great way to start a new year :) (((Cat*)))

Mi-Shell

Vision-journey ???

Oh, man, something happened to me!
And it is absolutely crazzzzzzzy:
My Greenwood card of the day is the 5 of Arrows, frustration - the Hunter shooting the Ibex....
Now, you know - or have read - how shamans go into trance and find game, for the people to hunt... like: Where are the herds....sort of thing...

So I was reading, earlier that is, - all the posts in the Tarot card forum and the “Greenwood what else” thread...
And then I printed out the 2 BW drawings L. inked to and started to colour them in - just so, for me....
And as I was doing hat, the greens started to “swirrrrl and waver” and the Deer hoof prints started to move and run of the paper and ....
....I followed....
To find Chesca Potter!
It was strange....
I have no idea, what she looks like and how old she is , but her ex Guardian Animal is the Deer and that one , although discarded and neglected by her, KNEW where she was.....
It was a beautiful Critter: Huuuuuge antlers, tall, slin build and - FENMALE!
It all led to the outskirts of a small town in the central part of England...
I was not really able to see, just where that is, and have no idea about the lay of the land in England, but it is a cold grey morning there and snow on the ground....
Well, the absolute crazzzzzy thing is just as lightning fast as the Deer went there, It came back right here, to - AT!!!!!
And there were Deer tracks all over AT!
Mostly over all the Greenwood threads - Most of them the color was brown = brown tracks - where we sort of talked about the deck and about her. That felt like sort of her Energy, her “art work-tracks“.....
But not all of them were brown: Some were bright green! And some of the VERY recent ones most of all....
Green meant, that she was here!
They smelled like her too... She is an AT “visitor”, to check around, but not ever say anything.... The green tracks also went into a looooong dark tunnel that got narrower and narrower.... I think that is to were the past treads - the archives all the way to the beginning of AT and to the very first threads where the Greenwood is mentioned....
There it felt, as ifff she also said something - a few times only......asked a question, but never really participated.....
Back then, was she a member?
Not a subscriber.... there were no tracks there at all.
Crazzzzzzy also, that the tracks - the green ones for a while, 3 years ago or so followed one particular member here..... To sort of hear, what that lady had to say..... I wish I could tell you who.....
Chesca! Are you here?
Welcome to AT!
We mean you no harm!
Thank you for your magnificent artwork!

Wendywu

That is amazing Mi-Shell. What a Journey! Thank you for telling us.

Welcome Chesca :)

Madame Squee

Hey, Kat. :love:

It's time for me to bow out of IDS...

Runes and the Norse Tarot have sidetracked the Medieval Scapini, and I feel like I need to do a PDR instead of continuing to not do the IDS.

Thank you very much for everything you do, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Peace. :)

xoxox:diamond:x
t.r.queen

yukinkoicy

Some random thoughts

that really have nothing to do with the current discussion, I am afraid.

It seems I have already started my IDS even without my cards. I have been writing entries in my xanga about what I have found (only a couple, hehe), and I just.. Wow. I must say - I wasn't ready before. I know now, why I stopped coming here. I understand now, why I stopped reading and it had nothing to do with my deck being unreadable to me - subconsciously that is. Consciously that was the very reason but underneath.... I wasn't ready. I wasn't accepting of my own self and I didn't want to be. The past several months have deeply changed me, and I think my subconscious reacted by drawing me back here. The reading I have done in the past two days has shaken me to the core. I love it. It's so amazing.

Just.. wow. I think my life is going to take a huge turn, spiritually, because of this. A huge turn. I am so, so, so excited. I have never been this excited abotu anything before. It's frightening. I love it!

thorhammer

Sorry to get all exclusive about the Resh thing, Zan :| My bad.

You guys who don't want comments on AT - it's not necessary to put your draws up here. I found myself a while ago (a year or so) feeling like every reading I did I had to put up here on AT, but when I realised that that was a weird thing to think, and started examining my reasons for the desire to do so, I found that it was sheer egoism that made me want to do it, and also a (in my case only) pathetic desire for validation. So now I rarely put readings up, unless I do want some clarification. And same with dailies - I read them for myself, it's got nothing to do with AT. I'm more than happy to share what I discover about my deck, but my draws are for me.
KafkasGhost said:
Do you have a suggestion as to the best time to do this spread [I really like this, too, btw]?

It seems like the exact middle of the day would be the best time when I look at card #1 but that's probably not practical for many. I just wondered what your thoughts were when you devised this spread and what time of day you did it.:)
Yep, as I said in the post, I do it at night or late in the afternoon. It helps me wind down and reflect on the day I've just had. It's such a calming thing.

TRQ - thanks for the heads up :) Good luck with the PDR!

Mi-Shell - coming from almost anyone else, I'd scoff at that. But from you, after that encounter you had with the bees last year . . . that's really incredible. Wherever Chesca is, I do so hope that she has peace in her heart. I can't help thinking that something deeply traumatic must have happened to make her change her life so fundamentally.

yukinkoicy - I'm glad to hear that you're happy :) and that things are shaking up in such a good way for you. Please continue to post your thoughts - there are a hundred different conversations going on at any one time, so no need to feel like you're butting in on a particular discussion :) As long as it has something vaguely to do with your IDS practice, we won't get modded :D (I hope . . . ROFL)

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

Kat,

In this case I actually think a bit of egoism isn't a bad thing. If the thought that someone out there is following your daily draw posts inspires you to continue doing them regularly, then I really don't see the harm.

By not wanting comments, I just meant that I would hope people wouldn't read about my daily life and tell me that I should stop eating at McDonalds so often. (trust me-- i know that already :D )

I would just post them to a personal blog, but as I said, and as you said a few posts back, blogs only draw traffic away from AT and inevitably get lost in cyberspace, unable to offer anyone else my interpretations (if anyone should ever care at all).

Anyway, its not even something I've really decided if I want to do yet. Daily draws have never really been my study style, so I'm still figuring out if I want to try to force it or not.

In other news, I've been working on a draft of my email to Hermann. I've edited it a few times as to try to sound as little like a potential serial killer as possible. Would anyone be opposed to me posting it here (its not long) when its done for a bit of killer-or-not feedback?

Thanks,

zan

ncefafn

zan_chan said:
In other news, I've been working on a draft of my email to Hermann. I've edited it a few times as to try to sound as little like a potential serial killer as possible. Would anyone be opposed to me posting it here (its not long) when its done for a bit of killer-or-not feedback?

Thanks,

zan

LOL! I would be happy to give your letter the old serial-killer once-over when you've completed your draft.

thorhammer

zan_chan said:
By not wanting comments, I just meant that I would hope people wouldn't read about my daily life and tell me that I should stop eating at McDonalds so often. (trust me-- i know that already :D )
*snort* Ah, gotcha :D (You posted somewhere about lying 99.99% of the time when you type LOL, and I'm the same . . . but your posts often make me LOL :D)
I'd be pleased to :) I think it's hilarious that you're drafting an email to your deck, effectively :D

\m/ Kat

yirabeth

zan_chan said:
I would just post them to a personal blog, but as I said, and as you said a few posts back, blogs only draw traffic away from AT and inevitably get lost in cyberspace, unable to offer anyone else my interpretations (if anyone should ever care at all).

I most definitely appreciate everyone that posts their thoughts and/or readings here..I'm a veritable babe in the woods, compared to you all, which is why I don't post much, but believe me I read! A lot! And I do believe joining the IDS has helped me develop in ways I couldn't do on my own because I am so new, and learning about symbolism, etc, all at the same time.

As an aside, I'd be happy to read an email and reassure you (or not!) about sounding stalker'ish *g*

~Yira