Secret Wishes

starchaser1277

Hi Jess,

we have translated the german wikipedia page concerning the Vision quest. "The Vision Quest (eng. Vision Quest or Vision Quest) as a quest for the guardian spirit is a spiritual practice of some ethnic religions America to obtain supernatural power through ritualized looking for a personal guardian spirit. They took place amongst the Inuit and the native americans of the north-eastern, central and western North America and in isolated tribes in South America. The quest played a special role in the development of young people's personality; in most cases of men in some strains but also
by women".

The quest for a guardian spirit is not a quest for a real man. The Man from the reading does not refer to a Soul Mate, but for a guardian spirit.

best,
zhadee
This makes a lot of sense because I am on a spiritual journey, and I do seek to connect with my guardian spirit. I look for my guides presence and guidance quite regularly. I do not see my guides as some here are able to do, but I trust in their presence. I am hoping that in time I will be able to communicate more clearly with them.

Thank you!!

Puffette

The entire reading is the path to the final phrase: your secret wish is...
A swinging from pro and con and back again, hence the last phrase is point-blank. The outcome does not present you with a certain desire or image, but the wish is the desire's and image's source.
We use the Dondorf's Lenormand for our readings.

1. Your secret wish - Man.
2. I heart it - Key.
3. I dislike it - Clover.
4. restraint - Stork.
5. fulfillment - Stars.

The Man symbolises your secret wish. The word 'man' in the sense of human, means 'to consider, to think', 'to plan'; 'aroused', 'excited'. Related to man are the words mania, mnasthai "to remember", and autó-mathos "thinking and acting on its own terms". Human is 'the thinking one'. To unman a man means to discourage him, so courage is an essential part of the Man. To show himself as a Man, to become a Man, he needs to pluck up courage, he needs to take heart. The Man needs to brace himself up. The Man is awake and vivid. The Man fathers a child.

You have guessed very well my secret wish and you have expressed it in a very good composition. I will begin with this part.. the man.. Here i could simply say i need a man to father my future child which is in tune with my dearest wish that i exposed it already-become a mother.

The Key is how you like your wish. The Key locks and uncloses. To bring to a conclusion means to bring to a close. The Key symbolises a beginning or an end. The Key is either the initial or the last thing to use: when the music is over, turn out the lights. The Key likes the Man, because the Man has courage to think something through until he comes to a final conclusion, or the Man has the courage to begin.

The key paragraph resonates with how i've been dwelling with my thoughts in the past few months- to do or not to do... I think in a sort of way it speaks of ambiguity and puzzles and in order to clear my path i need to first of all aknowledge what i wish dearly to do and allow my intuition work a little.Its not easy but not impossible.

The Clover is how you dislike your wish. Clover's sap is sticky. Because of this sticky sap, the old-english clifan means sticky, clingy. The Clover is a sicky plant. In contrast to the Key, the Clover connects by glueing together. Seperating glued parts usually means to tear them apart, so a clean detachment becomes almost impossible.
The Key connects individual parts, which remain different and distinct. They do not blend and fuse: the father begets a child, but he does not become a child.
The Clover does not like the Man, because the Man relates by thinking, and the Clover by sticking and glueing. Even when the Man combines, each thing remains seperated and distinct, while the Clover blends and mingles seperated things to a living entity. The stickiness of life builds a body.

Being patient is something i've learned from my mistakes because i used to be impulsive and cut from the base and then regret my deeds. Therefore i know that doing a sudden change in my life its almost impossible. I need time and to weigh the pros and cons. U have explained very well how i see things too even though these details were not amongst my knowledges. Im almost dependable on something and i cannot unglue myself from that. It is a contradiction of feelings within me that i could not write down in words because its impossible.

The Stork is the restraint. Outside factors beyond your control. You cannot control the world by connecting with it, neither by stickiness nor by key competence.
The Stork has a silly walk: a stiff gait. When the Stork is standing still, he is congealed and stilted. The Stork is as stiff as a poker, the bird plays dead. A dead parrot (pushing up the daisies). Playing dead means: one does not wish to connect and relate. One is neither sticky (alive), nor open for a conclusion, a beginning, an ending.
A cold one, in the sense of dismissive. Discouraging by congealing you, rigid with fear, frozen in terror.

Yes!!!!!Im not ready for closing this chapter yet. Basically i have moments when i feel the entire world is falling in pieces like a castles of cards but then i realise that i have to clear my mind and regain my senses and strength.

The Stars fulfill your wish. Star means sprinkled to the sky. A constellation (latin: stella) is a formation of stars. The word Star comes from old-english str
æl which means line, streak, dash. A Star is a lightning bolt: shooting light. The shine of the Stars are rays of light. The light is a light touch. What is touched by light becomes visible.
The Stars fulfill the wish not by glueing, or open and closing, but by touching and brushing. Touched by light, the object connects with the eye of the beholder. So the mind becomes aware of it, and the object is conceivable. The starlight connects eye and mind.

A stargazer looks up to the sky, dreaming up a future. The stargazer deduces a possible future. The Stars are telling their truth. In the horoscope, the individual constellation of the Stars is shown which fates the destiny. The Man thinks about his future, the Stars guide the way because they reveal the destiny. One is interested in fate because one wishes to know what is coming and what to expect in order to be well prepared. Fulfilling fate means to go your own way.

The way the Man connects is by insight and cognition. The Man connects by considering. Your secret wish is attaining sophrosyne; Prudence is deliberating. Your wish is to understand yourself, which means to take care of yourself. To like yourself, and to feel encouraged to be yourself. There cannot be courage without understanding.

Hope this resonates with you!

Such an interesting reading. And it is amazing how you arranged and explained every card..
Once i saw the cards you picked and read everything i connected the dots and knew exactly what is reffering to. Mostly my disapointment relates to my own self and how weak i can be at times when it has to be about certain topics.. At some point it becomes frustrating because one can be physically strong but can lack the inner strength which is the most important. Our power comes from inside and reflects on outside through our choices,words and actions. I used to like myself..not anymore. And it is strange and shocking at the same time to know that one's conception of life can change dramatically in a short amount of time due to someone's influence. I've realised that if i cannot control myself,then another person might take control over me and i might become a puppett.
I'm going through a phase of cleansing my mind and body and i have tried to eradicate whatever might have a negative influence on me.
My problem is the clover..and its stickyness,the persistence.. I tend to attach easily and once it happens i find it difficult to cut the strings. I still have to work on that.

Thank u so much for this reading and the effort you put through. Its very much apreciated!!
I have written my complete feedback in bold letters in between the paragraphs.

Blessings
Puf

zhadee

I would love a reading, thank you!
Finally, your reading!

A swinging from pro and con and back again, hence the last phrase is point-blank. The outcome does not present you with a certain desire or image, but the wish is the desire's and image's source.

1. Your secret wish - #20 Park.
2. I heart it - #36 Cross.
3. I dislike it - #14 Fox.
4. restraint - #18 Dog.
5. fulfillment - #19 Tower

We know,#20 is called the Garden in the english speaking world. In german, #20 is called the Park (like the Hyde Park, or the Central Park), which symbolises your secret wish. The Park is an enclosure. A space which is free and open for anything: you may read in it, you may take a walk, you may just sit and do nothing. To park means: to put something somewhere. The park is a gathering place where you may collect yourself, or things are assembled.
In the Park, one spends spare time. What good is free time without free space? But even in the free space, time keeps ticking. When the spare time is over, one needs to leave the free space. The Park deals with the people within, the Park also hands over and one may pick up something.

The Cross is how you like your wish. The Cross is an instrument of torture. We all have our Cross to bear, which means the Cross is the thing that torments and pains us. It causes adversities, and it is an awful drag. Bearing the Cross means, we shoulder something and bow to it. The crucified fulfills his destiny. There is a saying "everything you begin, you need to finish; and be it at the Cross."
The Cross likes the Park. In the Park, you are free. You may shake off the yoke, you may cast off your Cross. Bearing the Cross means, one is absolutely miserable. But in the Park, without bearing the Cross, one may feel as happy as a clam.

The Fox is how you dislike your wish. The Fox is called the "tailed one", "long tailed" and "wooddog", which are ancient versions of 'you-know-who" because one would not like to call the cunning hunter by its name, by veiling the name one tried to avoid it appear. What you call is coming to you. Because of its slyness, the Fox is also called 'the one who gives advice'. A Fox can be as furious as a wet hen can be mad.
The Fox dislikes the Park. The Fox is bored of the Park, because there is nothing to get from the Park. The Park is an empty corral, an empty hen house.
The Fox does not feel called upon, the Fox thinks the Park is a waste of space and time. In regards to the Park, the Fox advises you: go somewhere else, where there are hens and chicks, and foxy ladies!
The Park is unfunny.

The Dog is the restraint
. Outside factors beyond your control. You cannot control the world by putting a fence around it, and you cannot put a fence around yourself to bar out the world.
In greek, the Dog is called kyon, which means cynical. The philosophical school of Cynics:

"There are four reasons why the Cynics are so named. First because of the indifference of their way of life, for they make a cult of indifference and, like dogs, eat and make love in public, go barefoot, and sleep in tubs and at crossroads. The second reason is that the dog is a shameless animal, and they make a cult of shamelessness, not as being beneath modesty, but as superior to it. The third reason is that the dog is a good guard, and they guard the tenets of their philosophy. The fourth reason is that the dog is a discriminating animal which can distinguish between its friends and enemies. So do they recognize as friends those who are suited to philosophy, and receive them kindly, while those unfitted they drive away, like dogs, by barking at them.[wiki]

A Cynic is a rebel who rejects the current moral rules. The Cynic have gone to the dogs, the Dog's world is foozled. The world opposite of you demands you to serve a master, and to join the pack. They want to taint you, they aim to damage your nature, your fantasy and your individuality. The Dog is domestic. A 'false dog' pretends friendship, but is a backstabber.

The Tower fulfills your wish. The Tower is a pile made of those things you've gathered in the Park. Piling up widens the free space upwards. Not by extending the base, but the volume and the height. By setting your mind to the infinite and in perpetuity
, you open your space. Expanding your horizon by freeing your mind.
A high spirit on top of the Tower, where you may breathe freely in order to recruit your spirit. A place where you can be out of touch, where nothing can bother you. On top of the Tower, you are as happy as a clam. There the Cross does not weigh an ounce. Thinking pulls you up, feeling drags you down. Feelings are a burden. The Tower is a symbol for an astral body, and a journey of the mind. The main point is that, to go further up.

Your secret wish is a breathing space, where you can catch your breath. Where you can get high.

zhadee

Hi Zhadee,

What an interesting spread! I would love it if my name could please be added to the list; don't worry I am more than happy to wait :)

Finally, your reading!

1. Your secret wish - #35 Anchor.
2. I heart it - #14 Fox.
3. I dislike it - #18 Dog.
4. restraint - #28 Man.
5. fulfillment - #11 Rods.

The Anchor symbolises your secret wish. The Anchor derives from latin ancora, it is a device to secure a ship. The Anchor is a hook. The word ancora derives from greek ágkyra, which means 'angle'. The pivot makes it possible to keep something 'wide open'.

The Fox shows how you like your wish. The Fox likes the Anchor. The Anchor reminds of an angle, which can mean: a devious motive, method or purpose. The angle tricks the fish, it is a trap. The Fox is a cunning animal, a sly hunter. The Fox needs to be smarter than its prey, so does the angle. The prey gets stuck by biting. When the Anchor is thrown out, it gets stuck.
The Fox is a really sly angler.

The Dog shows how you dislike your wish. The Dog does not angle, the Dog does not set a trap. The Dog chases its prey to death. This is death by exhaustion, not by a cunning deception. The Dog does not like the Fox's method. The Dog does not like the Anchor. The boulter, the anchor rode and the Dog's leash are the same. The Dog does not wish to be walked on a lead. The Dog wants to be off and hunt. The Dog does not wish to sit and wait, it has very little patience.

The Man is the restraint. Outside factors beyond your control. You cannot deceive the Man by laying out a bait in order to control him. The Man thinks. He does not take the bait because he tips the scam. He will not walk on a lead. The Man is his own master, not a slave, not a victim. The Man is not a prey.

The Rods fulfill the wish. The Rod is also called [riding] crop, it is an instrument to punish, a rood, a [magic] wand, a dowser, and a fishing rod. The Anchor is the fishhook, the Rods is the fishrod, the Fox angles, Man and Dog pootle. The angler laid out the bait, now he lies in wait. The Rod is dowsing in the element where the angler expects his prey to be. It might be water, time, society, or any other energetic field.
Something should get stuck, something needs to bite. The Rods are nothing but a fang.

"From the moment the fish bites or grabs the bait or lure, the angler must strike up, fight and bring the fish to the gaff without any help of somebody, except that which is permitted by these rules."

Your secret wish is
to blow the gaff on your innermost and personal secret. By gaffingspiritual contents, memories, and existential possibilities, you confide in yourself. By understanding the secret that you keep, you win trust in yourself.

WolfSwan

Finally, your reading!

1. Your secret wish - #20 Park.
2. I heart it - #36 Cross.
3. I dislike it - #14 Fox.
4. restraint - #18 Dog.
5. fulfillment - #19 Tower

We know,#20 is called the Garden in the english speaking world. In german, #20 is called the Park (like the Hyde Park, or the Central Park), which symbolises your secret wish. The Park is an enclosure. A space which is free and open for anything: you may read in it, you may take a walk, you may just sit and do nothing. To park means: to put something somewhere. The park is a gathering place where you may collect yourself, or things are assembled.
In the Park, one spends spare time. What good is free time without free space? But even in the free space, time keeps ticking. When the spare time is over, one needs to leave the free space. The Park deals with the people within, the Park also hands over and one may pick up something.

This is so true! I love the idea of freedom and have been feeling very tied in, tied up at work. I'm not sure how to extricate myself from this current situation where nothing is happening and no movement seems to be occurring on the surface. I just want to be free of the 9-5 work day and be able to run free and work on my business and do very well from it too.

The Cross is how you like your wish. The Cross is an instrument of torture. We all have our Cross to bear, which means the Cross is the thing that torments and pains us. It causes adversities, and it is an awful drag. Bearing the Cross means, we shoulder something and bow to it. The crucified fulfills his destiny. There is a saying "everything you begin, you need to finish; and be it at the Cross."
The Cross likes the Park. In the Park, you are free. You may shake off the yoke, you may cast off your Cross. Bearing the Cross means, one is absolutely miserable. But in the Park, without bearing the Cross, one may feel as happy as a clam.

Yes I feel burdened right now. It's torture indeed at work. I like the call of freedom and the ability to live my life purpose instead of having to be chained to a desk that I hate in a company that I've outgrown.

The Fox is how you dislike your wish. The Fox is called the "tailed one", "long tailed" and "wooddog", which are ancient versions of 'you-know-who" because one would not like to call the cunning hunter by its name, by veiling the name one tried to avoid it appear. What you call is coming to you. Because of its slyness, the Fox is also called 'the one who gives advice'. A Fox can be as furious as a wet hen can be mad.
The Fox dislikes the Park. The Fox is bored of the Park, because there is nothing to get from the Park. The Park is an empty corral, an empty hen house.
The Fox does not feel called upon, the Fox thinks the Park is a waste of space and time. In regards to the Park, the Fox advises you: go somewhere else, where there are hens and chicks, and foxy ladies!
The Park is unfunny.

There is some shady dealing happening at work that I'm aware of and the idea that what I call is coming to me is a lot of relief as I hope this is indeed the case at work. I want to be free to do this work and I'm so bored!!! I'm bored with this path I've been on and I'm looking for ways out. I'm looking for advice and to move on.

The Dog is the restraint
. Outside factors beyond your control. You cannot control the world by putting a fence around it, and you cannot put a fence around yourself to bar out the world.
In greek, the Dog is called kyon, which means cynical. The philosophical school of Cynics:
"There are four reasons why the Cynics are so named. First because of the indifference of their way of life, for they make a cult of indifference and, like dogs, eat and make love in public, go barefoot, and sleep in tubs and at crossroads. The second reason is that the dog is a shameless animal, and they make a cult of shamelessness, not as being beneath modesty, but as superior to it. The third reason is that the dog is a good guard, and they guard the tenets of their philosophy. The fourth reason is that the dog is a discriminating animal which can distinguish between its friends and enemies. So do they recognize as friends those who are suited to philosophy, and receive them kindly, while those unfitted they drive away, like dogs, by barking at them.[wiki]

A Cynic is a rebel who rejects the current moral rules. The Cynic have gone to the dogs, the Dog's world is foozled. The world opposite of you demands you to serve a master, and to join the pack. They want to taint you, they aim to damage your nature, your fantasy and your individuality. The Dog is domestic. A 'false dog' pretends friendship, but is a backstabber.

I am trying to break free from the conventions of society and do the work I want. I don't suffer fools easily. If they try to bring me down, I want to rebel. I am good at discerning between friend and foe.

The Tower fulfills your wish. The Tower is a pile made of those things you've gathered in the Park. Piling up widens the free space upwards. Not by extending the base, but the volume and the height. By setting your mind to the infinite and in perpetuity
, you open your space. Expanding your horizon by freeing your mind.
A high spirit on top of the Tower, where you may breathe freely in order to recruit your spirit. A place where you can be out of touch, where nothing can bother you. On top of the Tower, you are as happy as a clam. There the Cross does not weigh an ounce. Thinking pulls you up, feeling drags you down. Feelings are a burden. The Tower is a symbol for an astral body, and a journey of the mind. The main point is that, to go further up.

Your secret wish is a breathing space, where you can catch your breath. Where you can get high.

Yes, I do want to break free and fly high and feel light. I do wish to continue to explore these amazing things I'm learning in my business and feel less dragged down by work.

This definitely resonated. Thank you for the reading!

winter garden

Finally, your reading!

1. Your secret wish - #35 Anchor.
2. I heart it - #14 Fox.
3. I dislike it - #18 Dog.
4. restraint - #28 Man.
5. fulfillment - #11 Rods.

The Anchor symbolises your secret wish. The Anchor derives from latin ancora, it is a device to secure a ship. The Anchor is a hook. The word ancora derives from greek ágkyra, which means 'angle'. The pivot makes it possible to keep something 'wide open'.

The Fox shows how you like your wish. The Fox likes the Anchor. The Anchor reminds of an angle, which can mean: a devious motive, method or purpose. The angle tricks the fish, it is a trap. The Fox is a cunning animal, a sly hunter. The Fox needs to be smarter than its prey, so does the angle. The prey gets stuck by biting. When the Anchor is thrown out, it gets stuck.

The Dog shows how you dislike your wish. The Dog does not angle, the Dog does not set a trap. The Dog chases its prey to death. This is death by exhaustion, not by a cunning deception. The Dog does not like the Fox's method. The Dog does not like the Anchor. The boulter, the anchor rode and the Dog's leash are the same. The Dog does not wish to be walked on a lead. The Dog wants to be off and hunt. The Dog does not wish to sit and wait, it has very little patience.

The Man is the restraint. Outside factors beyond your control. You cannot deceive the Man by laying out a bait in order to control him. The Man thinks. He does not take the bait because he tips the scam. He will not walk on a lead. The Man is his own master, not a slave, not a victim. The Man is not a prey.

The Rods fulfill the wish. The Rod is also called [riding] crop, it is an instrument to punish, a rood, a [magic] wand, a dowser, and a fishing rod. The Anchor is the fishhook, the Rods is the fishrod, the Fox angles, Man and Dog pootle. The angler laid out the bait, now he lies in wait. The Rod is dowsing in the element where the angler expects his prey to be. It might be water, time, society, or any other energetic field.
Something should get stuck, something needs to bite. The Rods are nothing but a fang.

"From the moment the fish bites or grabs the bait or lure, the angler must strike up, fight and bring the fish to the gaff without any help of somebody, except that which is permitted by these rules."

Your secret wish is
to blow the gaff on your innermost and personal secret. By gaffingspiritual contents, memories, and existential possibilities, you confide in yourself. By understanding the secret that you keep, you win trust in yourself.

Thank you :)

I need to sit on this for a little bit, as right now I am confused. How does an anchor become a fish hook? The anchor as a "hook", yes, but as a fish hook I don't comprehend - can you please explain?

zhadee

Thank you :)

I need to sit on this for a little bit, as right now I am confused. How does an anchor become a fish hook? The anchor as a "hook", yes, but as a fish hook I don't comprehend - can you please explain?

T
he greek work for Anchor means angle. Fox and Dog are hunters, they confirm the hunt (catching fish is a hunt).
The Rods as fishing rod confirms the instrument of hunt. By following this chain of words, you get to the fish hook. :)

PS: You question how the fish gets to the hook, which is exactly the pivot of this reading.

zhadee

Yes, I do want to break free and fly high and feel light. I do wish to continue to explore these amazing things I'm learning in my business and feel less dragged down by work.

The Tower means, you fly high in order to exceed yourself. This deals with your personal development, your inner growth; not with situations. It is not speaking about professional success, but describes your individuation. Sitting at the desk means stagnation where you do not become, but were you do your job.

The Tower as the way to exceed yourself, and widening the horizon is the path whatever you do. Each way either leads beyond yourself, or to nowhere.

winter garden

Your secret wish is

Sorry, this response is in part stream of consciousness ramblings.

The secret wish seems to be referring to someone I have a romantic interest in, but she is aware of my feelings and so it isn't a secret at all. I would say that I am sometimes impatient, as you describe the dog to be, but conversely I can also be like a dog with a bone and I will chase my wish to my death. In terms of love I do often enjoy the thrill of the chase, and possibly that is where the fox comes in. I think for me, the anchor is more about long term security, as that is what I secretly desire. I may avoid commitment by avoiding the outside world itself and running away from those who move me, but my long term goal in life is to find someone to live the rest of my days with. I have also heard that the fox can describe an unconventional relationship, and this is the type of relationship I crave as I identify more as lesbian these days and have no interest in children or the more traditional aspects of married life. I am impatient to meet someone as the dog suggests and it is wearing me out. Right now, I spend my days thinking there is something wrong with me and self flagellating as reflected by the rod. Yes, I'm waiting for someone to take an interest in me, and I post quite intense content on an online blog that I hope this love interest sees and reacts to. So, I am cunning like the fox then, yes, and this is content the rod I assume; the bait I am dangling that I hope makes my prey bite.

One question - is the man card unisex? Or would you say this just refers to outside influences in general?

zhadee

One question - is the man card unisex? Or would you say this just refers to outside influences in general?

The secret wish is a wish which relates to the sitter. The secret wish always refers to you.
You say: your open secret is to angle your romantic interest.
For you, the Fox symbolises the unconventional love relationship.
The Dog expresses: conquer or die! as you wish to chase your wish to your death. Likewise, your impatience is wearing you out.
The Man is the restraint, the Man is not a person. It is the world outside, which stands against you like a Man. Had it been a different card, like the Dog, than the world would stand against you like a Dog. A Dog's resistance is different than the Man's resistance.
The Rods as an instrument of punishment can be used for self flagellation, and self-doubts.
You said: your secret wish is long-term security. You are insecure about yourself, you wonder if there was something wrong with you. Living in a hostile environment makes you feel this way. The wish for security refers to a feeling of self-assurance. The belief in you, the trust in yourself.

We leave it at that: the Anchor is an angle you use to angle for yourself. You angle for thoughts against the self-doubts,
"Judith Plaskow's feminist teaching on sin questions the definition of sin as pride and hybris and sees self-negation as a more appropriate category of sin for women."
Your self-doubts seem to be caused by a sense of guilt, not because of a sin but because you blame yourself. You angle for self-justifying affirmations. Each affirmation is a new positve approach to yourself.

Your secret wish is finding self-acceptance.

The way we perceive you: you are in an ongoing trial, you cannot angle the verdict of not guilty. Accusations come automatically, but positive affirmations need to bite. Your bait seems to be the self-negation, and a positive affirmation should bite which swallows the bait, and you gaff the affirmation which ate the negation.
The positive affirmation is bigger than the bait.