Crystal Divination

souljourney

I just got the book "Crystal Decoder" by Sue Lilly.
I was wondering does any do any divination with crystals. Her basic method is to cast the stones onto a board with either houses (astrology) or a compass (I-ching/feng shui looking).
I had a reading tarot reading once and at the end the gal put 7 crystals (chakra related stones) and cast them. She read them differently than this book.
Just wonder what anyone has to say about the book or "casting crystals".
SJ

Disa

I've not read the book, however, I imagine you could cast any number of crystals and read them based on their properties. Or draw them from a bag. For example, say you draw an onyx from the bag and that might represent that the person needs to focus on being more grounded and centered, or that they already are- depending on the feeling you get upon drawing the stone.

Joermit

I read crystals... made up my own system... wrote a piece about it that'll I'll eventually put on a website I have in construction... here it is for you though.. hope it helps!

~~~~~~~

Lithomancy, or divination with stones, crystals, and gems is perhaps one of the oldest forms of divination. Ancient peoples could utilize rocks or crystals they found to gain glimpses of the unseen.

Divination of this sort is quite flexible and personal. Some Lithomancers use the colors of crystal to determine their meanings while still others use astrological correspondences. One may consider chakra correspondences, stone shapes, texture, or images seen within the stone to gain further insights and guidance during a lithomancy reading. There are a number of resources that explain the energetic and metaphysical uses of various gemstones. This too allows for a wonderful range of divinatory meanings.

The best system however, is one which you create. Find stones you love or are called to and allow them to talk to you. Place them in a nice pouch. Sleep with them at night. Forming a connection with them will assist in using the stones as a tool.

Drop a handful in front of you or pull several from a special pouch and allow them to tell you a story. Perhaps you could use them in a tarot spread. While working with your stones, pay attention to how you feel, the thoughts that come to your mind, and any other bursts of intuition. Look to see if the stones you’ve selected are mostly one or two colors. What does this say to you? Be open and receptive to the energies at work! Take your time touch each stone. Let it talk to you! Use as many or as few stones as you like.

Below are some examples of meanings for some commonly found stones. These are just suggestions, feel free to elaborate or change whatever you wish.

Amethyst – Spirituality, connection with the Divine
Angelite – Peace, Tranquility, Angelic Influences
Apache Tears – Sadness, Gloominess, Depression
Aquamarine – going with the flow, detoxification
Aventurine – Prosperity, Abundance, Luck
Black Onyx – Worries, Doubts, Fears, Anxieties
Bloodstone – Courage, Determination
Blue Lace Agate – Communication
Carnelian – Creativity, Fertility, Sexuality
Citrine – Joy, Happiness, Laughter, Light
Clear Quartz – Clarity, Understanding, Vision
Emerald – Friendships
Flourite – Focus, Concentration, and Learning
Hematite – Grounding and Protection
Howlite – Anger, Jealousy, Bitterness
Garnet – Power, Ambitions, Passion
Jade – Luck, Good Fortune
Jet – Impatience, Instinctiveness
Laboradorite – Magic, Manifestation, Creation
Lapis Lazuli – Truth, Integrity
Lepidolite – Inner Gifts, Tranquility
Malachite – Forgiveness, suppressed emotions
Milky Quartz – Confusion, Uncertainty
Moonstone – Intuition, Psychic Ability, Cycles, Mysteries, Secrets, Dreams
Obsidian – Volatility, Unstableness
Pyrite – Caution, Things aren’t what they appear
Red Jasper – Practicality, Common Sense, Security, Earth Energies
Rhodochrosite – Nurturing, Compassion, Self-esteem
Rhodonite – Balance, Harmony, Sincerity
Rose Quartz – Love
Ruby – Vitality, Exuberance
Serpentine – Transformation, Changes
Smokey Quartz – Quietness, Meditation, Rest
Sodalite – Logic, Knowledge, Reason
Sunstone – Inspiration, Energy, Positivity
Tektite – Journey, travels
Tiger’s Eye – Optimism, Improvements
Turquoise – Healing

When divining with crystals, the use of color associations as they relate to the chakra system can greatly help with interpretations and insights. The chakras are a system of energy centers in our body that rule over certain aspects of our health and well-being. Here you'll find information on the body's seven major chakras, the colors associated with them, and the areas which they cover.

Always look to see if a lithomancy cast is heavy on a specific color. This sets a major theme for the reading. Likewise, a reading lacking a particular color may be speaking of the need for those elements and can bring attention to that which is being ignored. Combine individual stone meanings with their color scheme can bring forth great knowledge and help to impart message of guidance with greater accuracy and insights.

The first chakra, or root chakra, is found at the base of the spine and is related to issues of security and survival. It is red and is reflected with stones like rubies, garnets, and red jaspers. These stones are often related to issues of energy, ambition, action, practicality, and groundedness.

The second chakra is the sacral and it is located around the reproductive organs. The sacral chakra is orange and corresponds to sexuality and creativity. Stones like carnelian and sunstone resonate perfectly with its energy and echo with meanings focused upon creativity and fertility.

The third chakra, the solar plexus, is over the diaphragm and relates to issues of power, will, and control. Its yellow color can be seen in stones like citrine and tiger's eye. Yellow tend to be a happy color as well, and when yellow stones appear in a reading the reinforce the need to apply our will toward making ourself happy and content.

The fourth chakra is the heart chakra and is green. It deals with love, compassion, and healing. Turquoise, aventurine, and emerald all work with this chakra and can express its various energies. The pink of rose quartz is also a very important stone for the heart. Green stones in a reading can emphasize healing and balance, specifically of emotional issues.

The fifth chakra, also known as the throat chakra lies at the voice box. Naturally this chakra deals with communication and expression. Its blue color resonates well with angelite and blue lace agate. Blue stones urge us to speak our truth and express ourselves to our fullest potential.

The sixth chakra rests between our eyes and is known as the third eye. It is indigo in color and can be represented by dark blue stones like lapis lazuli. The third eye relates to our intuition and wisdom. A reading with stones of this shade speaks of the need to trust our intuitive selves and approach things using the wisdom we've gained from our life experiences.

Our seventh chakra is the crown chakra and it rest just atop our head. It is violet in color and portrays our connection to the divine. Amethyst is a major crown chakra stone and often indicates matters of a spiritual nature.

Chronata

wow. Awesome info here!

I love my lithomancy sets! love love LOVE them!

I agree with joermit too...it's a very personal sort of divination system.

I think I tried doing a set which closely resembled the list of meanings that joermit has there. It was beautiful, but I hate to admit... it didn't resonate with me as much as ...looking at a stone and letting it tell me what it wanted to be.

It's just like he says...find the ones that call to you!.Certain crystals will sing...it's nice if you can listen to them...and even nicer if you can interpret the notes!

I do really think that is one great list, though! Especially for beginning Lithomancy!

My first teacher...she didn't have houses or a set of specifics...and she could read with a bunch of stones picked up off the ground...as long as SHE knew what they represented!
I have tried doing the same but I have never reached the same accuracy level as she did!

I love that more and more folks doing crystal, bones, lithomancy and sortilege reading are finding their way here! I love to see different veiws and ideas on the subject!

souljourney

Thanks for the suggestions.
I have do some with crystal readings... very basic... stones for each chakra (maybe more than one for some) then would cast them and see how the pattern falls. Is one far away, whats on closer or further from the querent, etc.
I wanted to expand on this some.

So Chronata... ever thought of putting an ebook or something together for your method. Read the thread on it and was amazed.

memries

Great thread Souljourney.. I am getting into it more and more and realize that with the help of the crystals, it is mostly intuitive. I have a nice collection but not all in one place. It is a great avenue of exploration. I was in a store checking out the crystals and saw one. I thought of what Chronata had said and thought..oh my, now that is a phallic symbol. That draws a pretty funny picture.. this little old lady choosing a phallic symbol ! Before I just thought they were pointed stones !!! Had a good laugh to myself, now I am going to buy a bigger one !

Joermit

I agree with Chronata wholeheartedly! it is very difficult to have set meanings with crystals and it is best if you let your stones talk to you... my post above is a starting point of suggestions that one can hopefully take and then expand upon... there are so many different ways to read crystals... by color, texture, shape, how they lay, what they're next to or touch, if they're pointing at another stone... and meanings constantly shift and change.... for example...
Lepidolite is one of my favorites... in a reading I sometimes see it as as a calming smoothing influence... yet, I've read it as inner gifts and talents, a spiritual awakening, a easy-going attitude, a self-esteem issue... and some others... you've gotta let your stones talk to you... that's most important... what do they say to you! Lithomancy's a wonderful form of divination and I really recommend it for anyone who loves stones and crystals and has and interest in the divinatory arts... thanks...

Joey