Anna K Study Group - 7 of Cups

Sulis

The image on this card differs a lot from it's Rider-Waite-Smith counterpart.
In this card we see a man kneeling on what looks like a balcony at night. Before him, floating in the air are 7 ghost-like cups and a jug which appears to be pouring an imaginary liquid into one of them. The cups seem to be linked together by pale, ghost-like foliage. The man seems to be holding out his hands in wonder at the vision in front of him.

Sevens to me are about going deeper and overcoming obstacles; they are related to the Major Acrana card, The Chariot.
In the RWS version of the card we see a figure presented with cups filled with riches and a central cloaked figure. The vision is offering choices and the viewer must decide what he or she really feels and wants. It's a card depicting a journey within.
With this version of the card, it seems that the goblets aren't offering any real options and there is a feeling that this is more of an illusion than anything else. So the card is a warning not to be taken in by fantasy (so the message is still there that we need to see what we really feel and want).

When I'm reading, I often have an 'advice' position in my spreads and as a card of advice I think this card is pointing towards the power of visualisation and is telling the reader to imagine what they want and will it into being.

Here's the image: http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r298/tarotsulis/Anna K Tarot/7ofCups.jpg

Surja76

Yes right! This card is closer to Crowly or marseille tarot.

The top jug - Ace of cups - is a substance of the heart and love, emotions, it comprises the concentrated drink of our sincere experiences (love, a regret, pleasure and tears). It generously gives vent to the potion on other cups which are under it. This card is deprived passion, but all abounds with emotions, Moon influence prevails in this card. Blue of the night sky and a dark blue suit of the person which admires this phenomenon. The sea of feelings, emotional generosity.

On the other hand - the main thing - not to be involved too much to emotional play. There is a danger to be tightened in bog of emotions and to get confused in chains of love and feelings

hank

the color blue is really strong in your depiction. I think it really brings out the spiritual nature of this card. it can represent falsehood or illusions. things seen through a glass of fantasy or fairy-tale. ideality and hopeless hopefulness.

I especially like the garb of the man, his night-cap and his slippers. I think his being on a balcony, or rather in a high-up place is extremely important. like spiritual revelation that occurs in craggy-places or mountaintops.

I also like seeing the pitcher or the cup where the water is porous forth into the others as the Ace of Cups. I wonder if the 3 of Cups is in this card as well...