Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Marseilles & Other Early Decks

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

le_charior 
Citizen

Tarot de Trieste on amazon.de

Hello! (My first post here, and what a wonderful place this forum is! There should be a "Thank you all" thread to thank all the people sharing their knowledge and passion about the Tarot here, at least as far as the Marseille and the historical decks are concerned, that I have been reading about for the last weeks here).

Just wanted to say that this deck is easily and cheaply available on German amazon, if anyone is still interested in getting it. I just bought it and received it today, I guess international shipping should be possible, too. (If not, maybe I can help). It is part of the book mentioned above. Just search "Der Lombardische Tarot. Mit historischem Kartendeck" on amazon.de and you will find several offers, starting at around 9 Euro. Make sure it is the one with includes "Mit historischem Kartendeck" in the title of the product description, because there is also the book without the cards.

The book doesn't give any further information on the deck, it only contains a few pages on the history of the Tarot in general, some spreads and a description of each page with a predefined meaning in one sentence and then declined for work, love and health. Not very interesting.

The deck is nice though, small, the background is a bit grey-ish, not creamcolored as I would have prefered, but still it has all the details as described. I mostly bought it because I wanted to have another deck to compare with the Dodal I bought from JC Flornoy, and this was the cheapest to get right now... i LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dodal and am still only starting to know it, but still already want to have all the other fascinating historical decks and new Tdm, too...

So happy to be here!
le_charior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #61
Cerulean 
Repose in a Eve of Gold...

Some struggle with limited time, had to google help for English speakers from Amazon.

...in order to smooth everything through, because my choices varied and had to use a marketplace vendor with hopefully good ratings. If I do get the set for about twenty five dollars, then I will count myself lucky.

I happened upon an old almanac and a child's primer in German with woodcuts that are beautiful...and this tarot is also especially so.

The colors and pictures La Fanu linked to inspire deligjt in this deck.

Hector A. Stuart
South Sea Dreamer, 1886

Last edited by Cerulean; 16-03-2012 at 02:28.
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #62
Cerulean 

It may still receiive it, but it was and is hard to get through the right screens for

help.

I finally located English help by switching through several screens and was able to send an English email and the German-English Amazom service contacted the marketplace seller.

I hope others have a better experience and either get their product or refund..faster.

Cerulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerulean View Post
...in order to smooth everything through, because my choices varied and had to use a marketplace vendor with hopefully good ratings. If I do get the set for about twenty five dollars, then I will count myself lucky.

I happened upon an old almanac and a child's primer in German with woodcuts that are beautiful...and this tarot is also especially so.

The colors and pictures La Fanu linked to inspire deligjt in this deck.

Hector A. Stuart
South Sea Dreamer, 1886
Old 15-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #63
garmonbozia 
Citizen

Did you order through a marketplace seller and then never received your order?

I once ordered something from Amazon.de itself and it never arrived. I remember having issues trying to figure out how to contact their customer service in English. I eventually called the US Amazon customer service and they walked me through what to do, but it sounds like you may have found the right thing on your own. Amazon.de was pretty responsive and I got a replacement shipment sent to me quickly. The international Amazon sites seem to be just as dedicated to customer service as the US site, so if you never got your product, I am sure you will get a refund without any hassle.
garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #64
le_charior 
Citizen

I just bought three decks offered on German Amazon Market Place - if they all arrive complete with deck and in a good condition, I'll have one left, two are reserved for people who pm'ed me. Will keep you updated. Or PM me if you need assistance to get this deck!

Old 16-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #65
Cerulean 

It arrived a week late, cards scattered in the envelope and one missing.

It could be flimsy packaging that dropped a card...which was missimg from my pack

I took time to color copy a few cards and use a plastic laminate to make a card to replace the missing two of pentacles. I coumted and recounted, so am quite certain about the missing card.

Thanks kindly for this thread and those making suggestions about Amazon.de. My experience for buying this set was different and not five star.

However I like the 77 cards and book I have and will not return the set. I will notify Amazon.de-about the experience-for me, for now, Amazon.de will not be my best choice.

The set itself is very close to my di Gumppenburgs and LS Bolonese tarocchinos . Nice, different, yes, low-cost set..

I

Hector A. Stuart
South Sea Dreamer, 1886
Old 19-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #66
Sulis 
believer in magic

Well, I ordered this last week from a German Amazon seller and it came this morning. I have to say that this is a lovely deck and one I'm sure I'll be using for readings.
What a bargain too - it cost under €4 including postage to the UK - the actual price of deck and book was €0.89..
I can't read German so the book is wasted on me but the cards are very nice indeed .

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it' - Roald Dahl
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #67
Wendywu 
Alive

Pardon my pea-green self here but ... oooooooh! Bargain

Old 24-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #68
MoonGypsy 
Listen...Listen to the wind...

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendywu View Post
Pardon my pea-green self here but ... oooooooh! Bargain

(((((WOW, great catch!))))

Old 24-04-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #69
Wendywu 
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis View Post
Well, I ordered this last week from a German Amazon seller and it came this morning. I have to say that this is a lovely deck and one I'm sure I'll be using for readings.
What a bargain too - it cost under €4 including postage to the UK - the actual price of deck and book was €0.89..
I can't read German so the book is wasted on me but the cards are very nice indeed .

I did exactly what Sulis did - and my deck came today. Although I had to pay the massive sum of €2.90 for my set . And acquire it through a kind set of intermediaries owing to the vagaries of Amazon.de and a seller who wouldn't ship to the UK. But - AT triumphed!

Last edited by Wendywu; 04-05-2012 at 03:18.
Wendywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #70
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today