A Mother's Day Spread

Dolphin_Dreamer

I tweaked this spread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=52687 by CandyApple (which is also appropriate for Mother’s Day). I am single and no children but I wanted to do this. Thanks CandyApple.. This spread is posted http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=176577 I used my Aquarian deck and no reversals.

1. You and your Mother’s relationship (at the moment)
2. The joy you bring them
3. The joy they bring you.
4. How you can nurture the joy you bring them.
5. How you can nurture the joy they bring you.
6. What you need from them
7. What they need from you
8. You and your Mother’s relationship (the outcome)

Justice - My mother and my relationship at this time is very equal or rather she often treats me as an equal. This, to me, is not only a huge achievement for her and I as she had to ‘raise me’ all over again after I had a traumatic brain injury as an adult (but I also had another TBI as a child). It was hard for her, as a mother, to still treat me as an adult as I imagine she had to go through me, quite rapidly, progress for child to adult once again. This also may say that we both ‘weigh’ the decisions we make in order to be fair (?)

The Chariot - I think there is something that to me relates to the above (that she has had to ‘raise me’ and it has been more than 1 journey). Plainly though, I do go to visit her and she enjoys when I come to visit.

Kn of Pents - I would have expected to see a Queen here but this knight fits here also. I appreciate her as someone who is easygoing, compassionate, enjoys children (me). Her focus is of helping me get ahead (In other words she truly wants her children to excel rather than wanting me to stay as someone who needs nurturing).

Qu of Cups - I can nurture the joy I bring my mother by being sensitive to her emotionally (as well as the psychic abiliby/bond we share - which btw I acknowledge and she doesn’t) as well as her health concerns. She calls me and talks to me when she can’t sleep or has health concerns.

Kn of Rods - I can nurture the joy she brings me, I think by embodying the traits of the knight of wands. By being brave (I think this makes her proud of me or rather allows her to know she raised me to be a strong woman), and to always have the enthusiasm to move forward. I think that my depression stifles me and she doesn’t always understand how to deal with it/me.

Moon - I’m not sure what this means. As this card often does deal with psychic ability it would be nice if she developed hers or could help me with mine(?).

8 of cups - I think she wants me to improve my life/attachments or she needs more attachment from me at this time

Hanged Man - I think this might mean we have both let go of the past in order to have a future.

Any help with this would be appreciated...

butterfly4868

1. You and your Mother’s relationship (at the moment)
2. The joy you bring them
3. The joy they bring you.
4. How you can nurture the joy you bring them.
5. How you can nurture the joy they bring you.
6. What you need from them
7. What they need from you
8. You and your Mother’s relationship (the outcome)

Justice - Your relationship is balanced and fair. She treats you how you deserve to be treated, not because she's entitled to treat you however she feels like because she's your mother. Likewise, you also treat her with the same deserved respect she treats you.

The Chariot - I think it's more simply you take the trip to see her. Moms love it when their kids visit.

Kn of Pents - She's been a rock for you - steady and supportive, she provides a safe environment for you.

Qu of Cups - By being more emotionally available and supportive to her.

Kn of Rods - By being more sure of yourself. You're very capable and you have the energy to be successful, now you need to be more confident in your abilities.

Moon - I was thinking emotional support, since you mentioned she doesn't always know how to deal with your depression. Sometimes you need her to understand you at a deeper, emotional level.

8 of cups - She wants you to put the bad things behind you, whatever triggers your depression, leave it behind you and move on and be successful in life.

The Hanged Man - You guys will stop trying to change one another and will learn how to see things from each others point of view to gain a better understanding of one another.

Just my thoughts, take what you will! :)

Dolphin_Dreamer

Oh thanks Butterfly, that makes much more sense to me... Funny how I can't understand my own readings lol Thanks again xx