The Wild Unknown Tarot

delizt

Just got this deck yesterday, I am waiting for a quiet time to open it and reflect....been following this thread for awhile and finally took the plunge!

Thoughtful

I wrote a review on my blog last week if anyone's interested...

Just read your blog, and you put so eloquently everything l feel about the The Wild Unknown. It may appear sparse but it does have a depth to it, and as you say a mystery about it. l love reading with it.

agviz

I wrote a review on my blog last week if anyone's interested...

I second Thoughtful's comments. Thanks Le Fanu for sharing your review; it's a great write up and enjoyable to read. If anyone is on the fence about getting this deck, please read the review - it's spot on.

Sulis

Moderator note

Hi folks,

There were loads of good posts here about the X Swords so I've moved the discussion of that card over to the X Swords thread in the study group.
Could we please have discussions of specific cards over there?

The thread is here: The Wild Unknown Tarot study - X Swords.

Sulis - moderator

WolfSpirit

My deck is finally here!
When it took so long to get here, I knew it was held up by customs. But well, I have it in my hands now.
I want to have a few days with the deck by myself, without the influence from others, before I look at the threads in the Study Forum, but I will go there later :)

Sulis

My deck is finally here!
When it took so long to get here, I knew it was held up by customs. But well, I have it in my hands now.
I want to have a few days with the deck by myself, without the influence from others, before I look at the threads in the Study Forum, but I will go there later :)

Ooh how exciting.. Enjoy WolfSpirit, I've been using this deck since the start of the year and I'm not getting the least bit tired of it yet :).

agviz

Agviz, I'm sure you'll be more than impressed with how it reads ;).

Now that I've been using it for a little while, I can attest to that! It's really a great deck to read with. The minimal (edit: minimalist?) artwork (if that's even a fair way to describe it) gives lots of room for interpretation and intuition. Less is more here.

atypical

I saw this deck online and fell in love with the artwork, but unfortunately it looks like it's only available to buy from a couple of specific websites and not from bookstores or online retailers.

The deck itself is $40, the shipping brings it up to $55, and then there's the currency exchange rate. Canada Customs also has the ability to charge duty on imported items with a value over $20, although they seem to ignore small things like books and cards.

Anyway, I can't justify paying $60+ for this deck.

baylys

It is expensive (I paid $80 for deck, book & postage to NZ), but it is totally, 100% worth it.

Juliana

I've completely fallen in love with this deck. I was kind of unsure about buying it at all. But I'm so glad I did. It isn't for everyone, but once I had it in hand I realized it was perfect for me. It is a definite favorite of mine already!