9 of cups

almalibrarian01

I recently pulled 6 of cups reversed in answer to my question about a what the future of my relationship was going to be with a love interest of mine. It indicated that some change would happen that would threaten the comfort and stability of our relationship thus far.

I did another reading and pulled a single card and asked "what should I do to reverse this?"
and I pulled 9 of cups.

This to me a card of smug complacency, satisfaction, but also a kind of stagnation. 9 falls just short of 10 which is a number of completion. So there is a sense of something important still missing.

I interpreted the card as telling me that by desiring for things to remain the same, I was falling into a trap of complacency and boredom in the relationship, and that it wasn't so much the relationship changing that is to be feared, as it is falling into this stagnant trap.

lighthousekeeper

I recently pulled 6 of cups reversed in answer to my question about a what the future of my relationship was going to be with a love interest of mine. It indicated that some change would happen that would threaten the comfort and stability of our relationship thus far.

I did another reading and pulled a single card and asked "what should I do to reverse this?"
and I pulled 9 of cups.

This to me a card of smug complacency, satisfaction, but also a kind of stagnation. 9 falls just short of 10 which is a number of completion. So there is a sense of something important still missing.

I interpreted the card as telling me that by desiring for things to remain the same, I was falling into a trap of complacency and boredom in the relationship, and that it wasn't so much the relationship changing that is to be feared, as it is falling into this stagnant trap.

I feel like this is kind of a confusing reading because a) I'm not sure what you mean by love interest -- crush that you don't even talk to? Boyfriend you've been with for a year..? -- and b) I'm not sure whether your interpretation of the first question is an accurate premise to base the second question on.

I think that 'change' is inevitable and too vague to say if it's good or bad, and where do you get 'threatening to security' from? I would read 6 cups as about looking at the past when upright, so rx is paying more attention now to the future. You might have to deal with things you've been ignoring, or make more of a personal effort to have the relationship that you want with this person. It won't just happen if you don't do anything.

Curious1

and I pulled 9 of cups.

I see it as you should do nothing and be content with the way things are. Just my take on it...your mileage may vary.

Looking4Wisdom85

I'd say with 6 of Cups reversed - you will see something about your love interest more clearly, without the pink shades so to speak. But you'll only benefit from it - 9 of Cups.

Thirteen

Count your blessings

It's interesting that you see the card this way it, and most especially that you see it as falling short of 10/Cups. Which is the card I assume you'd like to get in regards to this relationship?

I think you've got the answer here as to why the 6/Cups rx is coming up in your readings. Because maybe the relationship you have with this person has become, recently and in light of other events, not enough for you. Maybe the change that may happen here isn't with him...it is with the fact that you are losing the rose-colored glasses...that you are starting to want more from the relationship. Perhaps for it to develop into something more real and grounded? And so develop into the 10/Cups? But if he can't do that, if the relationship can't go that way...6/Cups rx...it can't go back to what it was, and it can't be what you want either.

So. How do you keep the 6/Cup "upright" rather than going rx? You change what you want from it, what you "wish" would happen between the two of you. The 9/Cups isn't boredom, complacency or stagnation. It's "satisfaction" and it can mean "count your blessings." Thus, the answer is to change your perspective on the relationship. To "count your blessings." Look on it, and smile with satisfaction at all the love that surrounds you, rather than giving in to the "realistic" part of you that might be saying "but I don't have 10/Cups...only 9...."