3 of swords...."Missy's Card"

cayacia

(I feel like a broken record because this is the second time tonight I'm posting about Missy but oh well...)

So....this friend from school, Missy, is the first person I ever gave a reading to other than myself. I give her readings regularly and every time I give her a reading the 3 of words comes up. I mean EVERY time. It only didn't come up once, two readings ago, and we were SHOCKED.

But of course, today, as we were seeing if the cards could help us understand why she keeps on getting into car accidents (5 in a year and a half, none of them her fault, but it's scary...*4* wreaked cars), it fell out again. Acutally I was getting a little annoyed because it was telling me more about here and her boyfriend than about the car accidents. (I am still not sure if there is a reason she has been in so many or not).

So...does anyone have an idea why this would happen? We joke about it, and I've decided to call it "Missy's Card". If it shows up when I'm doing other's readings I go "There's Missy's card....don't gotta look up that meaning..." lol I swear if it ever stops showing up in her readings I'm going to get a big poster of it and frame it for her as a graduating symbol or something.

Love and LIght,

cayacia

Thirteen

Past Life!

I've met people who have a card. Every spread, it shows up. I had one person who always got the Star, but then, she was an Aquarius. Nevertheless, in her case, it still applied to what I'm going to say: it has to do with past lives.

Here's the deal--mind you, this is only my humble opinion. You need to do a past-life spread for Missy. There's something in her last life that is so prevalent, so powerful, something that was never taken care of, that she needs to address. I say that it must be in her past life because you're indicating to me that nothing in her present life can account for this card. Yet it keeps showing up and she keeps getting in car wrecks (a car wreck is, certainly, symbolically, the physical manifestation of the 3/sword).

Karma, if you will, is trying to tell her something.

Once you know what happened in Missy's past life, you'll have addressed half the problem. The second half is asking the cards how she can put that un-dealt-with situation to rest, how she can bring it to a close, and restore her present life to balance. What must she do in her present life to make right the unbalance of the past life?

For a past life spread, by the way, you'll need to lay out a number of cards in a row, and read them like a story. I'd advise usingly only the majors with the 3/swords pulled out as the Querent's card above. When you look at the cards, don't look at just their meanings, but as people and events--the Tower a real catastrophe--fire, earthquake; and which card is your querent in the picture? The Empress? The hermit? Consider what time period flashes to mind? What situation? And where on Earth did it happen?

If necessary, put down shuffled minor cards for clarification--basically, ask the deck to explain them to you if you get stuck. Good Luck, and let us know how it turns out.

MeeWah

Thirteen: Your view is very interesting & one I can see applying in this case.
Cayacia: I know some people do not care for the Celtic Cross, but I've found the cross portion of 6 cards can give past life information. It may have to do with the meanings I assign to those cards.
Cards 1 & 2 describe the present influence/situation.
Card 3, above 1 & 2, describes the conscious awareness or lack of same.
Card 4, below 1 & 2, describes the unconscious awareness; *cause* of present situation or *the (far) past foundation*. In a reading with no apparent past life references, this position may refer to events in childhood; or the more recent past by clarifying Card 5.
Card 5, left of 1 & 2, describes the immediate to far past.
Card 6, right of 1 & 2, describes a new development or action needed; possible option.

Thirteen

Diana said:
Thirteen : I was very interested in your answer to Cayacia. This spread seems great. But when you say a "number of cards", how many do you suggest?

Go to the Study Group section. I've laid out a past life spread there from Konraad's Classic Tarot Spreads. It's complicated, but fun once you get it.