Palmistry Study Group: New series?

amyel

New series?

hey Alissa,
I have some more questions about palmistry. Maybe time for a new set of study?

1. What about mounds?

My mounds are all so prominent that the middle of the palm appears "cupped", even when I hold it flat & stiff.

2. What about finger spacing?
Mine are quite widely spaced on my non-dominent hand.

3. I have some extra lines that are quite deep. While talking to Marion, I'm not sure if these are sister lines (to my Life line), fate lines, or if they'd be considered a "fork" from my Head line creating an extremly long writer's line.

Are there any tips to help you determine extra lines that are quite deep and prominent? Clearly, they indicate something!

4. I intuitively look to my left hand even though I am right handed. My mom says when I was young, I was forced in school to become a "righty" although I started out as a lefty. Does this change what hand I should look at?

Thanks!

Amy

Alissa

1. What about mounds?

Mounds are a great topic, and deserve individual attention! I hope to get some more mount information together for you, at your request, hopefully in the next week or so (got visitors in town right now, or I'd help out sooner).

2. What about finger spacing?
Mine are quite widely spaced on my non-dominent hand.

Wide spaces between the fingers are indicative of one with the need to "set themselves apart" from others. They are the hands of off beat folks, those who don't mind (or even enjoy) going against the status quo, just to be different.

Another interpretation I've heard (but would need to see other lines to corroborate, myself) is that those with wide spaced fingers are prone to letting money "fall through their fingers" as well. It may be you have trouble getting enough money, or esp. holding on to what you get.

3. I have some extra lines that are quite deep. While talking to Marion, I'm not sure if these are sister lines (to my Life line), fate lines, or if they'd be considered a "fork" from my Head line creating an extremly long writer's line.

Are there any tips to help you determine extra lines that are quite deep and prominent? Clearly, they indicate something!

YES! Deep lines are indeed prominent features, and honestly, without seeing the line itself, where it is, what other lines it crosses, its depth and color, and a whole myriad of things... it's hard to guess.

A sister line to the life line is seen on the inside of the line, towards the thumb side, almost always. It may be deep, or it may be hair light. It shows the presence of a guardian angel, or protective spirit, who has walked and been with the person during the time of life the line is seen along the life line. All line long? All life long.

The fork you're describing sounds like it is your fate/ego line, as I call it, which originates at the bottom of the palm (can originate from any area of the lower palm) and rises across the palm to meet and/or intersect the head line, and sometimes even the heart line.

It's a difficult line to read, and also one I said I would get to addressing if interest in palmistry maintained. Guess I'll have to get the palmistry threads back up.... but not until my house belongs to me again.

4. I intuitively look to my left hand even though I am right handed. My mom says when I was young, I was forced in school to become a "righty" although I started out as a lefty. Does this change what hand I should look at?

This is tricky... I would ask you, if you were my querent, which hand do YOU feel natural using, and then I'd read the one you gave me. If you still said both, I'd insist on seeing the hand you write with. In absence of any other hand dominant inclinations, I default to the hand they use to write with. It's worked for me.

My guess is you would likely hand me your left hand ;) anyways.

amyel

Thanks Alissa! On a purely selfish level, I look forward to your house being your own again - solely for the resurrection of the palimistry group! But I know you will get to it when you have time, so I will continue to cultivate the art of patience. :)

My second line, as you describe it, is definitely a fate/ego line. I often refer to major events in my life as "fated"; I have been accused as having an ego onmore then one occasion, usually not as a compliment. :)

On my left hand, I have a fork off my life line between the life & fate line, but on my right hand, the small deep line between the life & fate line *could* be a fork off the fate line. Hard to tell in this light right now. If connected, it is only tenuous.

Interesting, there isn't alot of difference between the lines on my hands. I hope this means I am living life as intended... ;)

I look forward to hearing more about this.....

BTW, the finger spacing - both are true, the individuality & the money.....

Alissa

Thanks for the feedback on the finger spacing! That's very helpful for me, as a reader :D.

Both hands with similar lines? Yes... this is not at ALL uncommon. Most people find that if they hold their palms up together, pinkie sides touching, they can almost roll their hands together and see mirror images of the lines.

That is not always the case mind you~ ;) (Like Tarot, I find there are about a GAZILLION other factors when reading in palmistry too!)

Folks who can't do this? They usually are RADICALLY different than their parental heritage. An example of this would be a person raised in a small town Southern Baptist environment, and coming into adulthood only to convert to a Jewish faith and move to foreign urban metropolis.

And, they are the kinds of folks who may also "divorce" their parents, if the "differences" (as seen in the palms) are in moral values, and chosen lifestyles.

zorya

so glad to see the palmistry study group reviving!

i am a great example of someone who is divorced from her parents with radically different hands!

something i just realized after reading your post alissa, in general, the lines in my left hand tend to slope downward, whereas the lines in my right hand tend to curve up.

Alissa

Assuming you're right handed, I would summarize that as such, zorya : your parents were real downers.

Your own outlook and approach to life is probably inherently "cheerier" (upbeat) than theirs ever were.

Downward slopes, drastic ones, can indicate issues of depression (droopy head line), one whose non commital towards emotions (droopy heart line), and/or one lacking in "Viatality" or zest for life (life line).

You may also notice a "stunted" (or extremely short/nonexistant) ego line on your "parents hand", zorya. Not uncommon either.

And thank you for the feedback too zorya!! I remember you mentioning your parents before as well, when we discussed "which hand to read" last year.

Royal Cat

I'm so excited this group is going to start back up again. I recently bought a small book on Palmistry and have been trying to observe hand shapes on different people (friends, family, actors on TV, etc.). It's much easier to start with the general hand shape before getting into the different lines. :)

Regarding 'divorcing from the parents' - a hand reader told me last month (at a fair) that I was 'digging myself out from the influence of my parents' - that I was 'pulling myself away from them.' This is very true and I have basically divorced from my my birth family. However, looking at the lines on my hands, although they are not really a mirror image the *major* lines are fairly similar. Any idea where the hand reader might have come up with this comment? It was spot on for me, but I'm curious where on the hand it shows.

Thanks!
Cat

Alissa

Gosh Cat... I honestly don't know where.....

Like in Tarot, it becomes "which card shows that?" and the answer is all and none, or the combination of cards (here, lines) that show a pattern....

If your ego line originates from the mount of moon (that is the mount towards the pinkie side, but at the palm's bottom) that would show someone who has always been drastically different than the environment they were raised in.

If the ego line originiates from the life line, it shows someone whose identity/ego is STRONGLY formed by their familial connections.

It there's a "star" or fork, indicating more than one originiation point for this line exists, than you may be struggling against both inclinations... this is the only thing I can think of without seeing your palm, or knowing her style of reading.

I love reading actors hands. There's a great shot of Frodo's hand, in Fellowship, when Gandalf puts the ring in Frodo's palm.

You can see a lot just by looking at hand shapes, and no one knows what you're looking at ;).

isthmus nekoi

Alissa said:
It there's a "star" or fork, indicating more than one originiation point for this line exists, than you may be struggling against both inclinations...

Got that (fork, trident) on both palms and I'm a CBC (Canadian Born Chinese). Talk about struggling w/different origins lol!