AT Comparative Study - N - Two of Pentacles

Ace

Using the WorldTree but also thinking of the RWS: juggling a lot of different things. Do I need to keep doing ALL these things now?

Might even be getting a little stressed out by all the juggling. Funny how you see it so positive, mercenary30, I see it as rather negative by itself. (depends as always on the situation, but by itself, it could indicate an adrenal freak-overbooking oneself to create excitement.)

WooMonkey

Secret/Renaissance Tarot (Lyle)

Symbolism & Imagery - A golden figure stands holding a pentacle in each hand, looking up at the right hand raised. The background is green.

Comparisons/contrasts - A much simpler card than the RWS, although you can see the influence. The figure is standing firmly on two feet instead of dancing. There aren't any "decorations" or background scene.

Initial reactions - I like the simplicity of this card, I get the "flux and reflux" aspect of it. The figure seems to be comparing the pentacles by weight. I miss the infinity sign however, and kind of imagine it looped around the pentacles.

LWB - Balancing resources.

mercenary30

Templar Tarot

Symbolism and imagery – A person with spirit wings is depicted in this card. Eyes closed, they are drawing a pentagram in a huge tome. The other page already has one, and based on the marks and scars on this book there are many more pages with things drawn on them. A yellow ray of light/power comes down from above shines upon this person’s forehead. A very relaxed, peaceful look rests upon their face. The sky in the background is streaked with orange fringed clouds.

Comparisons/contrasts with other decks – The presentation of this card is different than any I have seen before. Rather than showing a person forever juggling two pentacles, this shows a person being guided to repeat something that has been done many times before. This still shows a very similar meaning. There is no symbol of eternity, but the sheer size of this tome shows that this has occurred, and will occur many times. I find it interesting that it does NOT suggest eternity, since life is not infinite, that although the act will be repeated many times, it will someday end. The wings signify spirit, a connection with the universe. This person is enlightened, at least to a degree.

Initial reactions – The first thing that struck me as odd was the fact that the book is being written in the reverse order that modern man writes. The right page of the book is already filled, and now the left page is being scribed upon. I know there are languages that were meant to be read from right to left, but to do the same for a whole book. Maybe, this symbolizes that the enlightened do not follow the established norm.

Book Notes – A divinely inspired figure draws a second pentacle in a book that is filled with them.
Divinatory Meaning: Inspired ideas but difficulty in launching them; fluctuation of fortune; news or journey connected with job; possible new complications at work.
Reverse Meaning: Loss of opportunity; unstable effort; letter or message; forced gaiety; over-indulgence.

Moonbow

Druidcraft

Symbolism and imagery

This card show a woman standing on the rocky edge of a cove. She is juggling two pentacles and her gaze is fixed and concentrating on the one about to be caught first. While in the background, we see two ships struggling to stay afloat in stormy water.

Comparisons/contrasts with other decks

It's a fairly typical RWS adaptation but I think gives a little more in that there is such a struggle going on with the ships but the woman is handling what she is doing rather well.

Initial reactions

I think what strikes me most about the card is the fact that the woman is totally oblivious to the turmoil going on in the distance and is only interested in what she is doing. Perhaps that is the way to deal with a number of problems which crop up all at once. There are a couple of messages here. In order to deal with something properly, it needs our full attention. But also that life throws more than one thing at us at a time and that we just have to get on with it, deal with it and try to keep a balance.

The Book

Seeking a balance in life requires trust and playfulness rather than concentration or caution. It is always attractive to have two of anthing, but keeping them both in play can create stress. Two or more jobs, homes or demanding relationships - or whatever, can be hard at times. The card has a sense of optimism and play about it.

Keywords: Balance, trust, playfulness.