Tarot Deck Creator Coalition (or something to that effect)

blue_fusion

well, i was reading a post in the tarot decks thread, as there was someone who included his deck there : the simple tarot (cute deck by the way, much like the stick figure tarot). anyways it got me wondering. why don't tarot deck creator aspirants create a webring, or even devote their cards to a single website featuring all their works along with other tarot artists? i mean this would take some time and effort, but it is also has its benefits (backing from other creators, perhaps more chances of getting their works visible in the internet, etc.).

just toying with the idea...

:)

Strega

Great idea! I second that! :)

WillieHewes

I'm for

Hi, I'm the one who made Simple Tarot. You have a good idea, I agree entirely. I have a webpage, and there's plenty of room for other decks and artist. Drop me a line if you have a deck, or even if you're just working on one.

Willie

WillieHewes

Sign in now!

OK, so, blue_fusion and me had this idea of setting up a page (we could get a www.something.tk domain for it) with links to all the pages of people who have made or are working on their own tarot. That way we can all see each other's work, comment on it, help each other and increase traffic! yay!

So, if you have a page and you're interested, post the url here and I'll make a list. Or maybe it's better to use pictures as well. Well, let us know what you think, and also if you have any ideas for a cool domain name.

Willie (proud owner of www.tarotcards.tk. Tokelau rules!)

blue_fusion

Re: Sign in now!

WillieHewes said:
OK, so, blue_fusion and me had this idea of setting up a page (we could get a www.something.tk domain for it) with links to all the pages of people who have made or are working on their own tarot. That way we can all see each other's work, comment on it, help each other and increase traffic! yay!

So, if you have a page and you're interested, post the url here and I'll make a list. Or maybe it's better to use pictures as well. Well, let us know what you think, and also if you have any ideas for a cool domain name.

Willie (proud owner of www.tarotcards.tk. Tokelau rules!)

thats right. this will also be a big help in getting more info about your cards out there on the internet, which may even reach prospective tarot publishers. :)

Supletion

great idea :D

my URL: http://mydeck.tarotweb.vze.com
(tokelau does own, i use it for most of my sites, but this time i preferred shorturl.com...)

if you ever want to automate the system, contact me (Gerev@gamers.org.il), im an ASP coder and i'd be glad to assist.

WillieHewes

Right, I'm slowly rolling into action on this one... :) Sorry this is taking so long. I've made some small changes on my own site, changed my domain to www.simpletarot.tk, and pointed www.tarotcards.tk to a separate page. Right now it's just a doorway to my page, but I will put links on it to your pages as well. (supletion's, the sailor moon tarot and the masque tarot)

I think it would be best to use pictures on this page, perhaps of one card from the deck. So I'm hereby asking permission to use pictures from your sites. :) Perhaps, if we've got a start, more people will become interested.

Automation sounds interesting, what exactly would that do?

I'll redo the page sometime this week.

blue_fusion

WillieHewes said:
Right, I'm slowly rolling into action on this one... :) Sorry this is taking so long. I've made some small changes on my own site, changed my domain to www.simpletarot.tk, and pointed www.tarotcards.tk to a separate page. Right now it's just a doorway to my page, but I will put links on it to your pages as well. (supletion's, the sailor moon tarot and the masque tarot)

I think it would be best to use pictures on this page, perhaps of one card from the deck. So I'm hereby asking permission to use pictures from your sites. :) Perhaps, if we've got a start, more people will become interested.

Automation sounds interesting, what exactly would that do?

I'll redo the page sometime this week.

use pix of my cards, sure thing! :) sorry if i'm not useful to you at the moment. i'm kinda busy with my studies and all. but, i'll be free by the middle of October.

WillieHewes

Uh, ok guys, I've had a go. It's far from perfect, but it's a start. You think you could put a link to http://www.tarotcards.tk somewhere on your page? And, please give me suggestions on better descriptions of the decks and stuff, they're a bit crap now. Also, the 'email the creator' links do not work at the moment, let me know if you want your email on there.

Anyone else want to join in?

All Is One

Count me in as of last night...?

There is really something about this forum.

Everything finds you at the moment you need it.
The deck Crow Hart and I have yacked over for almost 8 yrs is going to happen ...as of our decison 3 hours ago.
2 days ago I got rest of archived paintings ~ I never expected it to happen...as for publishing... intimidated by US Games, but I will get over it fast.
We worked on this tarot deck together since 1994...

as of tonight I formed the 24 - 26 paintings I have here, arranged them easily in my head
into what we spent over two years working on. I found this thread...have a dot com which I am about to jump in and risk the savings to get paid placements for, I think...
If you want to see what you'd be linking to ( Beta version but better than before):
GO TO: <http://www.ancient-arts-leather.com>

Links availble to tarot decks of any persuasion that seems true to tarot path. Want a Page on the site ? mutual link would be good.
~~ for reciproccal links I will display as many graphic samples, text...as you want (til I run out of space...)

I am gonna go to the links listed...so contact me at : awild@fix.net if you are interested.
Your deck or concept for one will appear on this site under "Tarot Decks"- alongside the other stuff; bags and lay cloths of elk hide- if I do not go bankrupt
in all the start up stuff...

~Aio
*applauding williehews, blue fusion and supletion- needed this.*

one way or another.