I have been trying this new type of reading for a while and it stunned me lately how helpful it is.
So, I will detail the reading and spread and how it is done. Tell me if you have any experience with something like this .... even try it and share the results...... and in general let us know if this works for you too....
What is a CUPS reading?
Cups reading is an emotional and spiritual reading. A reading that deals only with ones’ emotions and spiritual experience. The purpose of the reading is to find insights into ones’ emotional and spiritual situation that s/he may not be aware of at the time or be aware of but not know the reason or the advise to change that situation.
When would one do such a reading?
Any time for any reason but mainly its purpose is to provide additional insight to a general reading, specifically when the reader gets the feeling that the Querents’ emotional state is sabotaging his/her circumstances. It can also provide insight into a complex reading. But of course it can be used in any circumstances that just feels right to do so. It also must be mentioned that it serves for counseling purposes to solve problems and not fortune telling.
The cards used?
1. The suit of cups
2. The archetypes.
They must be stacked in different packs.
The upper left card is an archetype. He is the overall emotional and spiritual situation – the big picture or the present.
The center card is the significator (according to the star sign of the querent).
The 3 bottom cards are the current emotional and spiritual situation that gives the insight. It does not tell any future, but analyzes the situation now.
1. - The significator is found in the deck by the Querents star sign an laid face up on the table (this is position 1).
2. - Only the Cup Suit is shuffled. Cards are laid on the table (fan shaped) face down.
3. - 3 Cards are chosen and put face down in position 2, 3, 4.
At this point the reader reads positions 2,3,4 with as much in-depth as s/he can. When that is completed the next step is started.
4. - The 22 Major Acarna cards are shuffled and laid on the table (fan shaped).
5. - One card is chosen and put face up on the left hand side to the significator.
1. It is strongly advised to use Reversals in this spread as it uses very little amount of cards. I tried it without reversals and for me it didn't work as well or at all.
2. It is advised that the Querent chooses the cards from the table for positions 2,3,4 and then 5. It is not necessary, but from experience when choosing any card from a stack of cards the querent seems to always make an accurate choice while the reader usually comes in second (but that is only my experience). But then again there is not rule. Some also read online were the querent can’t interact to that degree.
Let us know what you think, try it and share the results would be very nice to know if this helps anyone.