I Can't Read You

Nineveh

I wanted to answer your thread with my opinion and I hope it helps. I am a professional reader, yes I make a living at it and have for many years now. I had to tell a woman the other day that we just don't connect. Sometimes two people just don't connect. ( NOT) saying this about you, but I personally can't read people that are angry, or too negative. I don't feel that was the problem with her and you, I think she seen something when she shuffled her cards that she did not want to address so she backed down. I wish she would have explained to you so you don't go around wondering if it was you, it's my opinion that it's in her not you. Like I said, I had to tell someone the other day that I can't read her, she felt so angry and I was right, she bashed me to the hills and back but that's on her, at least I was honest.
I truly hope you don't take it personal just because one reader could not read you don't mean someone else can't connect with you.
Mw.

Thank you. This was a nice post as well.

I don't like negative people to read for me. I'vd even found a reader or two on AT whose personas seem angry and the readings are usually negative. So, I try to avoid having them to read for me.

I think it was something that she had seen in the cards because as a reader I know that we actually can read for anyone. The images on the cards don't just disappear.

agata

My own unprofessional opinion

Well I'm a few years late but... I have found that at times I cannot read a person. Usually it's because they are doing drugs. Recently I was trying desperately to do a reading about a woman for my daughter and nothing. It turns out the woman happens to be mentally ill.

nisaba

at times I cannot read a person.

Thread title: "I Can't Read You".

Tarot readers don't read people. Other forms of readers do, notably psychologists, but not Tarot readers. I always thought we read *cards*.

MissNine

No, I have not.

But like other posters on here, I have had those sitters who want a reading and then start an attitude of "I'm ready to prove you wrong." They aren't hard to read. They make it hard with one word responses and a vibe of negative energy. They aren't open to the cards. I can read for them, but if they're not going to answer honestly, you're not going to get very far.

Nineveh

No, I have not.

But like other posters on here, I have had those sitters who want a reading and then start an attitude of "I'm ready to prove you wrong." They aren't hard to read. They make it hard with one word responses and a vibe of negative energy. They aren't open to the cards. I can read for them, but if they're not going to answer honestly, you're not going to get very far.

Hi! I've gone into a tarot shop to have my cards read before. The reader simply reads the cards and never asks any questions and I prefer it that way. I'd only become familiar with feedback from the querent on this site and a reading website (I used to read over the phone). Yet, I am aware that those people do exist.

Nineveh

Well I'm a few years late but... I have found that at times I cannot read a person. Usually it's because they are doing drugs. Recently I was trying desperately to do a reading about a woman for my daughter and nothing. It turns out the woman happens to be mentally ill.

Hi, agata. That's interesting. So, I am sure the cards must have showed you her illness. When I pull moon, and queen of cups rx that tells me that I am reading for someone who is mentally unstable during the time of the reading. However, I am still able to read for them.

Nineveh

Thread title: "I Can't Read You".

Tarot readers don't read people. Other forms of readers do, notably psychologists, but not Tarot readers. I always thought we read *cards*.

Thanks, I agree.

agata

Yes. That's exactly right; the moon and the queen of hearts both came up. Also yes, I realize we read cards rather than people but I think the original poster did not intend that to be literal. Thanks I understand a little better now.

BrownBear

an people but I think the original poster did not intend that to be literal.

Yes. The OP does say "I can't read FOR you" twice in her post.

If we're going the get snarky about slips of grammar, I'm out of here.