I Can't Read You

Nineveh

Hi. I've once called a phone reader who has stated to me that she cannot read for me. She asked if I was wearing dark clothes, etc. She made that statement after shuffling the cards (I think). I've noticed that she avoids reading for me and I curious.

Has anyone realized that he or she simply cannot read for a certain person due to some blockage perceived only by the reader? I am interested in becoming enlightened on the topic.

Thanks!

Grizabella

There are times when it seems like it's more difficult to read for one person than another. I haven't ever told anyone that I just can't read for them, though. I suspect that it's something the reader saw after shuffling the cards and just felt she couldn't read for you for that reason. Who really knows the motivation of someone else? We can only guess unless they tell us.

Nineveh

There are times when it seems like it's more difficult to read for one person than another. I haven't ever told anyone that I just can't read for them, though. I suspect that it's something the reader saw after shuffling the cards and just felt she couldn't read for you for that reason. Who really knows the motivation of someone else? We can only guess unless they tell us.

Hi, Grizabella! Yes, I had assumed that it was something that she had seen in the cards. I wonder ifvother readers have ever had such an experience.

Thank you.

RunningWild

I told someone a couple of days ago that I couldn't read for them. I should have just told them I wouldn't do it, not that I couldn't. The person was a naysayer whose only goal was to try to undermine my confidence. Nothing I said meant anything to them and after staring at the cards for a few more minutes I decided it was a game. So the reading was done. I don't let people waste my time and since I was doing it for free, my rules for free readings ruled and I moved to the next person.

tarotbear

I told someone a couple of days ago that I couldn't read for them. I should have just told them I wouldn't do it, not that I couldn't. The person was a naysayer whose only goal was to try to undermine my confidence. Nothing I said meant anything to them and after staring at the cards for a few more minutes I decided it was a game.

Years ago I did 2 or 3 Tarot parties for someone and this one woman came to each party and she was terrible to read for! No matter what you said she contradicted it, said you were wrong, this or that wasn't true, etc., etc. One wonders why she bothered to come to these readings ... I did not look forward to her sitting down with me.

I always came away wondering if my readings were 'spot on' - and she couldn't cope with the fact that I was reading the 'truth.'

GotH

I know this isn't your situation Nineveh but for me it was the look on her face that made me want to gather my cards. I feel I can read people's energies anyway so when she sat there and just looked at me like "Go ahead, I dare ya!" I just knew I was going to have a difficult time reading for her. And the crazy thing is, she was the first person to sit for a reading! :confused:

Now someone who is excited (whether the cards are coming out "good or bad") and communicative are my favorites to read for. I enjoy this and will take more time with them because the energy starts flowing and more and more discoveries are made. The woman I speak about above just seemed confused in a negative way that created blocks. With the exception of a few parties, I don't read professionally but I'll be sure to just "cancel" the next time I feel like that.

Nineveh

I told someone a couple of days ago that I couldn't read for them. I should have just told them I wouldn't do it, not that I couldn't. The person was a naysayer whose only goal was to try to undermine my confidence. Nothing I said meant anything to them and after staring at the cards for a few more minutes I decided it was a game. So the reading was done. I don't let people waste my time and since I was doing it for free, my rules for free readings ruled and I moved to the next person.

Hi, RunningWild. That hasn't been my experience. The person had never read for me.

Relative to your experience I've noticed that some people suffer from chronic "gray cloud syndrome" even some readers. In either case I just try to avoid them.

Thank you.

Nineveh

Years ago I did 2 or 3 Tarot parties for someone and this one woman came to each party and she was terrible to read for! No matter what you said she contradicted it, said you were wrong, this or that wasn't true, etc., etc. One wonders why she bothered to come to these readings ... I did not look forward to her sitting down with me.

I always came away wondering if my readings were 'spot on' - and she couldn't cope with the fact that I was reading the 'truth.'

Oh, those clients...denial. Sometimes we don't realize that every now and then we encounter a person who is emotionally distraught. I've found that some people think denial will change the circumstances. Even denying the positive makes them feel better as it provides hope that the negative was wrong.

Nineveh

I know this isn't your situation Nineveh but for me it was the look on her face that made me want to gather my cards. I feel I can read people's energies anyway so when she sat there and just looked at me like "Go ahead, I dare ya!" I just knew I was going to have a difficult time reading for her. And the crazy thing is, she was the first person to sit for a reading! :confused:

Now someone who is excited (whether the cards are coming out "good or bad") and communicative are my favorites to read for. I enjoy this and will take more time with them because the energy starts flowing and more and more discoveries are made. The woman I speak about above just seemed confused in a negative way that created blocks. With the exception of a few parties, I don't read professionally but I'll be sure to just "cancel" the next time I feel like that.

The situation about the lady and her face made me laugh. I think I would have enjoyed reading for her. šŸ˜‰

MysticW

My view

I wanted to answer your thread with my opinion and I hope it helps. I am a professional reader, yes I make a living at it and have for many years now. I had to tell a woman the other day that we just don't connect. Sometimes two people just don't connect. ( NOT) saying this about you, but I personally can't read people that are angry, or too negative. I don't feel that was the problem with her and you, I think she seen something when she shuffled her cards that she did not want to address so she backed down. I wish she would have explained to you so you don't go around wondering if it was you, it's my opinion that it's in her not you. Like I said, I had to tell someone the other day that I can't read her, she felt so angry and I was right, she bashed me to the hills and back but that's on her, at least I was honest.
I truly hope you don't take it personal just because one reader could not read you don't mean someone else can't connect with you.
Mw.