What edition do I have?

Bhavana

Rodney, it was on Etsy.

I have a tinge of regret not buying it myself...someday, as is typical of me, i will wake up and suddenly decide that I must collect obscure, unknown Rider Waite decks, and from that day forward this missed opportunity will be a thorn in my side till the day I die....How old are you, Gregory? Maybe you could leave it to me in your will, pass the torch, so to speak, ha ha...
but seriously, I am just glad one of my fellow AT members will be the owner. Nice to keep things "in the family"

Debra, I think this is just a deck someone invented - maybe they scanned the fronts of the Merrimack and added a different back.

Bhavana

You don't think it has just spent FAR too much time in strong sunlight, maybe ???

It is peculiarly vile - and isn't on Holly's page... It's a CULT thing. }) (If it wasn't then, it is now :D) I have consulted truelighth...

no, I think it is just the way it was scanned. Possibly it's scanned from the deck Debra mentions, and this person who created it wanted it that color, or only had the technical capability to make it that color.

gregory

Debra, I think this is just a deck someone invented - maybe they scanned the fronts of the Merrimack and added a different back.

truelighth - who already has first dibs when I hate it - had actually HEARD of the organisation involved. And I do have a mailing address for them - I may write ! See if it still exists.

Yineth

Here's a new puzzle

Out of interesting series of events (Bhavana recommended a deck to me that I ended up buying) I came to become the owner of another RWS deck. Out of a total of three decks now, this may either be the oldest or the older of them.

The box does not have any ISBN number. The copyright states 1971, printed in Switzerland, etc. The cards do not have any US Games copyright on them. If more images are necessary, I will get them up as soon as possible.

I'm quite curious to know what printing edition the deck could be. I'll just be happy if it's pre-1975 :p

Yineth

LRichard to the rescue!

Herpderp. Hmm... So the absence of copyright marking on the cards automatically throw it into the pre-75 age. W00tie-w00tw00t :D

This may be a dumb question (but it will be asked anyway): How else would you tell what printing edition the deck is? Is it possible to tell what specific edition the deck is without the isbn?

rwcarter

Yineth, your links no longer work. The only way I've been able to date my yellow box decks is by the printing info in the LWB. As far as I can tell, copyrights were introduced with either the 16th or 17th printing of the LWB. I have a 17th printing LWB with copyrights on the cards and a 15th printing LWB with no copyrights on the cards.

Yineth

Yineth, your links no longer work.

Bollocks! >__<

http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/tealia89/?action=view&current=2012-05-29_19-20-11_336.jpg
http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/tealia89/?action=view&current=2012-05-29_19-19-59_36.jpg
http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/z399/tealia89/?action=view&current=2012-05-29_19-18-20_694.jpg

Hope these links work. I'll remove the old ones.

The only way I've been able to date my yellow box decks is by the printing info in the LWB. As far as I can tell, copyrights were introduced with either the 16th or 17th printing of the LWB. I have a 17th printing LWB with copyrights on the cards and a 15th printing LWB with no copyrights on the cards.

Hmm. I see I see. I'll definitely keep this in mind. Thankies RWC :3

Richard

Hmmm.... Very interesting! There is no list of printing numbers on the inside front cover. You may have a very early printing, 1971 or thereabouts, but I'll yield to rwcarter's expertise about this.

Debra

Tarot napkins? US Games printed tarot napkins?

Jeez now I'm craving a tarot napkin.