Is it disrespectful to play cards with tarot cards?

chongjasmine

I think tarot cards should be treated with respect, and it is better not to play games with them.

SuperTina

I personally believe it's up to the card owner whether they would play with them or not. I would play card games with my deck, I have never even actually considered playing Solitaire with them. I think that can be quite an intimate thing to do with your deck.

And a regular deck of playing cards can be used for readings. I have used them this way, as well as had readings done by a medium who used a regular deck and she was quite accurate.

In my opinion I would designate a specific tarot deck for playing, one for reading. And same with regular playing cards, if you are using one deck for readings to keep it separate from a deck that you're playing with your poker buddies.

Though, I do not find it disrespectful, unless you are tossing them into a hat across the room, or some other kind of disrespectful game, e.g., 52-card pick up, or 78-card pick up, as it were.

LindaMechele

I just played solitaire with my deck for the first time, and it was loads of fun! Harder than regular solitaire, with the extra column for the majors, but I still played for two hours. I almost won, but not quite. :'p I also feel like I really bonded with my deck, and it's nice to see cards that don't normally show themselves during readings. c:

So no, not disrespectful at all! More like great fun that makes great energies. :'D
Which kind did you play, HallowedNight? The one that's like spider solitaire? I haven't played that in ages, but now I want to! What's that called? I need to look it up to refresh my memory.