Albano

rif

LRichard said:
My first full size Albano deck came today. It was "Prindet in Italy" [sic]. The colors are fairly good, but they used a little too much contrast in the printing, compared to my 1958 mini Albano. The darker tones are sometimes a little too dark, which tends to obscure some of the details. Otherwise, I like it very much. After messing with it for awhile, all my other decks begin to look anemic in comparison.

How is the laminate? Does it make the deck seem like plastic, or give it that toxic chemical odor?

Richard

It has a plastic look and feel, but to me that is not objectionable. The odor was very bad at first but is almost gone now.

rif

Thanks. I have an older Albano and wanted a spare. But my experience with another modern USG deck turned me off. I could live with the thick, "sticky" plastic but it smelled badly for a good year. So I never used it.

Richard

rif said:
Thanks. I have an older Albano and wanted a spare. But my experience with another modern USG deck turned me off. I could live with the thick, "sticky" plastic but it smelled badly for a good year. So I never used it.
Putting the deck in the freezer for a day or two may help kill the smell.

Teheuti

brightcrazystar said:
BTW: The one thing from my essay I will add. Thank you, Mary K. Greer, for your excellent treatment of S.'.H.'. Moina Macgregor Mathers in your book, which I still recommend. I fight for recognition of women and minorites in Western Magick all the time in my lectures, and I hope despite generally being a pale skinned blue eyed male, I do my part for that good fight...
Brightcrazystar - I just now saw this comment, so would like to say - thank you, both for your appreciation of my treatment of MMM in Women of the Golden Dawn and for doing your part to recognize those who don't always get the credit they are due.

I have to admit that I tried to see each person in as positive a light as I could, while still sticking as closely as possible to what facts were available at that time. Even today, not much more can be said about the four women at the center of that book.

Mary