One Deck Wonder

Sulis

bleuivy said:
Woops! I didn't see your post earlier joining our little group, Sulis. Welcome! I'm glad you've decided to join us!

Thanks Bleuivy,

I've been thinking about this all week.

I have the Secret Tarot (LS) coming from Catlin in a trade but I'm sure I'll cope and I think I'll have to bow out of the DruidCraft Study group. I think an exercise like this one will really do me good though :)

Love

Sulis xx

Satori

Sorry Sulis, I didn't welcome you officially!!
I knew you'd love the card back tho, and you just blended right in...so here's a happy hippy welcome! :party:;)

Sulis

Hi Elf,

Don't worry and thanks for the Happy, Hippy welcome :D

I'll be officially joining in when I get my deck which should be around Samhain. I even have a bag that will go very well with the back of that deck. I think one of my Moon Glow bags should do :)
I'm very excited about this.

Love

Sulis xxx

Jewel-ry

elf said:
AS for the Sun, if I sort of keep to this thinking and think of the baby on the horse as a male child, he would be the pre-knight, pre-death weilder. But the life force of the sun, opposite of Death...I need more time to process this, but this was an exciting discovery for me!

When you look at these cards in sequence, Death precedes the Sun so therefore I would see the child more as the renewal after death and transformation. Both Death and the child even appear on the same white horse. In Death the sun is rising and in the Sun it is full in the sky. It has despelled the darkness and stimulates those wonderful sunflowers to grow. Notice how the sunflowers face us...not the sun.

I love the use of colour in this deck! Why do both Sun and Death have these white horses. I can understand its use in Sun but Death? White symbolises harmony and light, whilst black symbolises obstacles and I see it as solemnity and seriousness in the Knight of Pentacles. You can just feeeeeel his slowness and solidness.

Satori

ooo moon glow bags....
sounds so pretty.
I need a scanner man.
I'll be showing all kinds of things...

Satori

Jewel-ry said:
When you look at these cards in sequence, Death precedes the Sun so therefore I would see the child more as the renewal after death and transformation. Both Death and the child even appear on the same!!!white horse. In Death the sun is rising and in the Sun it is full in the sky. It has despelled the darkness and stimulates those wonderful sunflowers to grow. Notice how the sunflowers face us...not the sun.

I love the use of colour in this deck! Why do both Sun and Death have these white horses. I can understand its use in Sun but Death? White symbolises harmony and light, whilst black symbolises obstacles and I see it as solemnity and seriousness in the Knight of Pentacles. You can just feeeeeel his slowness and solidness.

J you are so good at card deconstruction.
I love your insights. This really is a great deck, isn't it? You first think that it is going to be dull, and then all of a sudden it packs a punch.

Jewel-ry have you read with it yet? Just wait. Stuff just pops.

In fact we should do some kind of one card readings for each other with our chosen decks until I get the exercise from firemaiden. She pm'd me today, she is looking for the thread....I've never seen the thread, only read a post by firemaiden where she referenced it.

Jewel-ry

elf said:
J you are so good at card deconstruction.
I love your insights. This really is a great deck, isn't it? You first think that it is going to be dull, and then all of a sudden it packs a punch.

Jewel-ry have you read with it yet? Just wait. Stuff just pops.

In fact we should do some kind of one card readings for each other with our chosen decks until I get the exercise from firemaiden. She pm'd me today, she is looking for the thread....I've never seen the thread, only read a post by firemaiden where she referenced it.

Only did a reading for my son and he was very pro-active (he is interested in tarot anyway) in fact he just plain didn't let me get a word in edgeways cos he almost did it himself. He's very good and always discovers little things that I havn't thought of!

Yes lets do one card readings. Whats the best way to organise it?

~

fluffy

I'd like to do one card readings too.

Love Fluffy
x

PlatinumDove

Welcome Sulis!

One card readings would be great until we find that exercise by FM. I'm not officially supposed to start until Samhain either, but I might join in a bit earlier. Depends on how I'm feeling.

J...wow, you really deconstruct things so well in the cards! I'm hoping to be able to do that by the end of this project.

Little Baron

A one card reading sounds good. I havn't read for ages. Especially with this deck.

Usually, all my decks are in a box in my room, but I have packed them all away. I feel a little weird about working only with the Buddha, but on the other hand, I wonder if it is down to the fact that I just don't know it well at all. I was thinking about changing to another deck but I think I will just stick with this one. I think that if I did, the Buddha would always come back to me and ask to be used. This is the chance I need to get aquainted.

LB