The Book of the Law Study Group 2.28

thorhammer

I'm learning to not take any word for granted in this study.

"and his kin" - tells me that we're liable to evade even our own selves in our thinking. The mind is a slippery thing and will find ways of manipulating and deluding itself. So even when we think we're not trying to rationalise, it's still going on in there somewhere. Trust nothing. Suspect everything.

\m/ Kat

Grigori

Something interesting that I am starting to be aware of, is the idea of timing in Thelema. I've often considered "Do What Thou Will" in the context of an ending, or a goal to be archived. Instead I think is staring to seem more like what you're doing today/already. The difference is sometimes a subtle one maybe, finding what is is you want to do is maybe the first goal, but then you start doing it, rather than continuing to work towards something.

By the same sense, "Because" would seem to be about past tense, and I see his "Kin" as other things past. I read this line as saying forget about what may be, or what was, and focus on doing.

(PS this post was bought to you by our corporate sponsors, Nike. Just Do It. ;) )

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
But Why?

Because .... arrrgggh!

Which is short for Because I said so. arrrrggggh. arrrrrggggh.

Grigori said:
(PS this post was bought to you by our corporate sponsors, Nike. Just Do It. )

:laugh: I love the Nikey logo, it's a nice little message in my brain to get on with some task in life. However today I am inspired by Crowleys New Comment for the next verse to change it a little.
Distrust any explanation whatever. Disraeli said: Never ask any one to dinner who has to be explained. All explanations are intended to cover up lies, injustices, or shames. The Truth is radiantly simple.

Just be it.
This requires no justification at all.

AW