White box small edition?

kaesrel

Hi all,

I've looked at the Thoth comparison table on Tarotgarden and I can't find a small size deck in a white box. There was an entry in the Thoth editions thread that had the same ISBN number, but the box was described as lavender while this is the white box with red text.

The reason I ask is because I saw the following on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/THOTH-TAROT-CARD...USED-MINT-/370420995813?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Did I just missed something? Thanks! :)

Abrac

I don't think you missed it. This is one that just gets overlooked a lot for some reason. I wish the seller would have posted a picture of the cards. I think they're the same as the larger white box, "greenies" with no border on the backs, but I'm not 100% on that.

rwcarter

Don't have time to verify right now, but I have 3 different white box small card versions, and I believe all three of them have borders on the back and 1996 AGMuller copyrights on them.

Rodney

Lillie

As far as I am aware the small white box edition has white borders on the back and three magus cards.

I comes up on ebay often enough and I wouldn't consider it rare or pay all that much for it.

In fact I wouldn't pay anything for it because I don't want one, but if I did I wouldn't pay much.

rwcarter

rwcarter said:
Don't have time to verify right now, but I have 3 different white box small card versions, and I believe all three of them have borders on the back and 1996 AGMuller copyrights on them.
The copyright is 1986 not 1996. The colors are a little bit deeper than my large white box versions and definitely not a miniature "Greenie".

Rodney

Abrac

It sounds like it must be a forerunner to the lavender box one.

The picture on the box at eBay has green tinting but that must just be the box. The one on eBay also says 1987 but the seller might have been going by the date in the LWB which is commonly a year later than the date on the cards.

The actual cards could be a small version of the ones Tarot Garden calls Large Swiss Blue Box A (early edition).

kaesrel

Wow you guys are incredible, thanks so much for the info! :D