Which Thoth deck should I buy?

cardlady22

Abrac said:
The instruction booklet in the Green and Purple Boxes is by James Wasserman & Stuart Kaplan. The booklet in the Blue Boxes is by someone else though I can't recall his name, maybe someone else knows. :)
I have the blue box Pocket (AGM). The booklet says
A Descriptive Essay by Aleister Crowley, edited by Frieda Harris, with a foreword by Hymenaeus Beta- Frater Superior OTO

Cerulean

If it is the older blue box circa 1986-1996, is it "Tarot Hermit" or "The Hermit?"

If it is like my AG Mueller circa 1986 copyright, Tarot Hermit or Hermit is said to be Crowley.

I believe that is where I read the title Princess of the Shining Flame and description of the Knight of Pentacles as armored and facinf the setting sun on a Shire steed or horse, (....black as he was painted..).it might be faulty memory of poetic nostalgia, but that had mw wondering who wrote poetic notes.

Cerulean

Abrac said:
As far as overall best quality I would recommend these from Tarot Garden's Comparison Table.

Green Box 9.5 x 14 cm
Purple Box 7 x 11 cm
Large Swiss Blue Box B (later edition) 9.5 x 14 cm
Pocket Swiss Blue Box 6.7 x 9 cm
There's also a 7 x 11 cm Blue Box that's not on the table.

These are the best available right now in my opinion, and most widely available. They're all printed by the same printer, only the boxes are different for marketing purposes. The instruction booklet in the Green and Purple Boxes is by James Wasserman & Stuart Kaplan. The booklet in the Blue Boxes is by someone else though I can't recall his name, maybe someone else knows. :)