LANGUSTL- Lenormand

Langustl

I will choose a size between not to big and not to small ;-)

Langustl

The deck grows as slowly as a turtle crawls in the moment ;-)). But HERE is a new card. The "Women". Hope you like it :love:

http://www.langustl.de/lenormandgross/29fraug.html

29frau.jpg

Langustl

Hi

Got an idea for the child. Outside in front of the window we can see a blooming tree, what shows that we have spring. The same is underlined by the calender with März/March written on it.

What do you think?

http://www.langustl.de/lenormand2/13kindb.jpg

13kindb.jpg

Dusk Till Dawn

I like the Number 13. LOL.

emmsma

These are coming along nicely. Thanks for the update.

SolSionnach

Langustl said:
The deck grows as slowly as a turtle crawls in the moment ;-)). But HERE is a new card. The "Women". Hope you like it :love:

http://www.langustl.de/lenormandgross/29fraug.html
Just a couple of notes... if you put the title in English (which I don't imagine that you will!), it would be WomAn, not WomEn - the latter is plural. :) :)

Also, what are those "thingies" in the water? I imagine that they are supposed to be fish, but they rather look like.... umm... male parts!

While I like all the rest of these cards, this one seems to be almost monochromatic in comparison with the others. Are you sure it wouldn't stick out too much in a spread, due to that?

The child card is lovely! :) Can't wait for this deck! :)

Langustl

Hi sravana

sravana said:
Just a couple of notes... if you put the title in English (which I don't imagine that you will!), it would be WomAn, not WomEn - the latter is plural. :) :)

Oh, thanks, I actualy know that, just confused it. I got it right on my website. But the cards will have no titles only the numbers.

sravana said:
Also, what are those "thingies" in the water? I imagine that they are supposed to be fish, but they rather look like.... umm... male parts!

Uh ;-)) , interesting view, I painted a lot of fishes, but nobodody saw something like this before ...

sravana said:
While I like all the rest of these cards, this one seems to be almost monochromatic in comparison with the others. Are you sure it wouldn't stick out too much in a spread, due to that?

Well, it may stick out a little bit, for me the man and the womAn are the two maincards, showing the main polarity, Adam and Eve, so they can be a little monochromatic. Even should be.

sravana said:
The child card is lovely! :) Can't wait for this deck! :)

Thanks ;)

SolSionnach

Langustl said:
Uh ;-)) , interesting view, I painted a lot of fishes, but nobodody saw something like this before ...

Well, it may stick out a little bit, for me the man and the womAn are the two maincards, showing the main polarity, Adam and Eve, so they can be a little monochromatic. Even should be.

Thanks ;)
I figured you knew the diff btw woman and women, but just in case I thought I'd point it out. ;) I'm reminded of all the Italian (???) decks that say "strenght" in stead of strength. Since English is so phonetic (NOT!!) that's an easy mistake to make.

Well, concerning the "fishes"... I guess my mind's in the gutter - or was when I first glanced at the card. lol

I looked at the whole page with your finished cards, and I figured out what it is that bothers me about the womAn :D card. It's that all the colors that are visible on the scan lean toward the blue end of the spectrum - blue and pink. I don't see the issue with the mAn :D card, because the color scheme is on both sides of the color wheel - a purple + the sunset colors. So I guess the card looks kind of "cold" to me. Like the coffin card having the complement of the yellow butterfly to offset the purple (and oh, am I a fan of complementary colors used together, esp when one is tinted or shaded, think red + pine green, purple + golden yellow, etc. But that's just me!)

However, looking at all the finished cards, I don't see the lady card as sticking out as much as I first thought.

Good job, and thanks for hearing me out. I can't imagine being brave enough to just throw one's artwork out on the internet and have rank amateurs taking potshots at it.... :bugeyed: