Orphalese Tarot Software

purple_scorp

redflash said:
Yeah, the last time I upgraded it happened, decks / spreads & readings vanished. I will try searching for the folder. All I can remember is that it wasn't difficult to get them back.
Hi redflash,

when you install Orphalese, the software asks where you want to install. By default, it creates the following folders:

C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\Packs
C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\Spreads
C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\Readings

When you install the upgrade, it does not write over these folders, so they should all still be there. Even if you have uninstalled a lower version of Orphalese, the above folders will still be there. When you install an upgrade, it installs the program only to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\

Open Windows Explorer, or My Computer and see if you can find the Packs folder. You may have a series of folders under that, depending on how you have sorted your decks.

Alternatively, try searching for a file called 02.jpg (for example) or carddata.xml.

redflash said:
How do you get the Tarot of Dreams to work in orphalese, I could never get it to install.
If you purchased the Tarot of Dreams deck, it came with a CD. Using Windows Explorer, or My Computer, you should see a folder on the CD called

\Extras\TOD_ORPHALESE\program files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\Packs\Tarot of Dreams

In that folder are all of the individual .jpg files. It's simply a matter of copying the Tarot of Dreams folder from the CD and pasting it into:

C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\Packs

The carddata.xml (place that stores all of the notes) was accidentally left off the CD. Ciro emailed everyone about that and you were able to log onto his website to download that missing file. I seem to recall there was an error on the CD with one of the Kings or the Knights too......he also had the replacement card available for download from his website.

FantasyWorld said:
I finally got mine up and running today after not using the program for over a year:bugeyed:

I'm so excited! There are so many new decks to download....can't seem to view spreads to download though:(

It's also crashed a few times today but I still run Win98}) and I really need a new updated computer!
Hi FantasyWorld,

did you install NET 2.0 and upgrade to Orphalese 7.2.3.6? If you didn't you may have problems downloading from OTZ.

kwaw said:
I have a couple of Minchiate decks on mine, and although in compare it recognises there are 97 cards it will go through 78 of them in compare. Probably something i need to set up in options/properties or something, anyone know how?
Hi kwaw,

ah, I haven't been in the compare cards facility for a while, but Richard listed cards by their conventional Tarot Name, so technically it would stop after King of Pentacles (or card 77.jpg). You should list it as a bug on OTZ.

with love
purple_scorp

FantasyWorld

purple_scorp said:
Hi FantasyWorld,

did you install NET 2.0 and upgrade to Orphalese 7.2.3.6? If you didn't you may have problems downloading from OTZ.

with love
purple_scorp

Yep...things are mostly okay although it just crashed again a 2nd again but i'm able to download decks,YEah!!!!

Barbaras Ahajusts

FantasyWorld said:
I finally got mine up and running today after not using the program for over a year:bugeyed:

I'm so excited! There are so many new decks to download....can't seem to view spreads to download though:(

It's also crashed a few times today but I still run Win98}) and I really need a new updated computer!

I'm not sure why we can't view spreads anymore. If you post in the Forum under spreads I know Richard will fix it or have an explanantion! I'm always making my own personal spreads using the AT spreads, so I hardly look at the spread section on the Orphalese. (I always ask permission before uploading one of them to the spread section!)
BTW, I use Windows 98 but did an upgrade for more RAM! Granny needs her space to work! LOL!

I have a couple of Minchiate decks on mine, and although in compare it recognises there are 97 cards it will go through 78 of them in compare. Probably something i need to set up in options/properties or something, anyone know how?
I updated the program with no problems btw and all existing decks, spreads etc previously downloaded were retained by the updated version, and the transparency problem I had with previous version seems to have been fixed.
kwaw

Kwaw, just a personal note here. My name Barbara in Cherokee is Kwa Kwa a. Everytime I see a post by you, I can't help but smile!

The 97 cards when viewing against a 78 card deck won't show all 97. At least none that I know of, cause there isn't more than 78 to compare with. I'm just guessing here!

Barb

FantasyWorld

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
I'm not sure why we can't view spreads anymore. If you post in the Forum under spreads I know Richard will fix it or have an explanantion! I'm always making my own personal spreads using the AT spreads, so I hardly look at the spread section on the Orphalese. (I always ask permission before uploading one of them to the spread section!)
BTW, I use Windows 98 but did an upgrade for more RAM! Granny needs her space to work! LOL!

Barb

I added more RAM a few years ago so that helped some;)
10 spreads come up but I can't get it to change to any different ones....
Everytime I use the program it crashes after about 7-10 minutes. I've bugged poor Richard enough this weeked:p He has earned a break for at least a for more days})

purple_scorp

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
The 97 cards when viewing against a 78 card deck won't show all 97. At least none that I know of, cause there isn't more than 78 to compare with. I'm just guessing here!

Barb
Hi Barb,

I just checked on my copy of Orphalese 7.2.3.6. The Compare Cards screen used to have each Tarot card listed by name down the right-hand side of the screen when Viewing the Cards. Now I see that has been replaced with a number. When you hit the Next button, it only goes as far as 78.

I just viewed Minchiate Fiorente (sp?) and it stopped at 78. This is definitely a bug. I'm sure it's just that Richard hasn't remembered some decks (esp Oracles) may have more than 78 cards. It should be an easy fix.

Kwaw, you should post it in OTZ as a bug.

with love
purple_scorp

redflash

purple_scorp, they are definitely gone, but I am starting to think I have done it myself when I was having one of my "spring-clean the pc" moments !

I have downloaded loads of decks again, & I will start looking at the spreads again. I love this program, I think for the price it's amazing.

I'm going to have a try at getting the ToD on there now, I am such a pc numpty !

xxx

redflash

No wonder I can't get it to work ! That folder is missing. Does this mean I am going to have to uninstall the lot & start again?

gregory

purple_scorp - I have it up and running and it works fine - but like other people's - it does crash a lot when you are on line, especially in deck preview mode.... (So far it seems OK OFF line)

Also it would be good to be able to scroll through all your decks when comparing cards, rather than having to uncheck some of them to make more appear - I'm sure I used to be able to.... Any ideas ? Am I missing something ?

redflash - if it's working at all, that folder MUST be there.....

purple_scorp

redflash said:
No wonder I can't get it to work ! That folder is missing. Does this mean I am going to have to uninstall the lot & start again?
Hi redflash,

when you install the software, it should create those folders.

When you install an upgrade, it loads a funny looking deck back (yellow with black diagonal stripes). You are supposed to right click on the deck to get the menu, and select Deck, then search for where your decks are stored. (Which usually just means clicking Browse and going to the C:\Program Files\Orphalese\Orphalese Tarot\Packs folder.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you need more help.

with love
purple_scorp

purple_scorp

gregory said:
purple_scorp - I have it up and running and it works fine - but like other people's - it does crash a lot when you are on line, especially in deck preview mode.... (So far it seems OK OFF line)

Also it would be good to be able to scroll through all your decks when comparing cards, rather than having to uncheck some of them to make more appear - I'm sure I used to be able to.... Any ideas ? Am I missing something ?

redflash - if it's working at all, that folder MUST be there.....
Hi gregory,

Ah, I have a really slow dial-up connection and it doesn't crash for me......there's an advantage that I hadn't counted on.

Are you saying in Compare Cards that you are limited by the number of different decks you can display at the one time? I don't think you used to be......but you always had to check/uncheck them on that first tab.

with love
purple_scorp