Tarot Fiction

Troubadour

That's it thank you, Teheuti!!

ahclem

I'd heartily recommend the astonishing Little, Big by John Crowley. Not only does a tarot deck play a central part in the novel, but totally apart from that, it's just an amazing book.

Lee Bursten wrote a great review of it, so I won't bother repeating it here, but I just can't recommend it highly enough. Go read it. Really.

(One note, the Amazon link in Lee's review is to a no-longer-in-print version. The currently available version is here.)

SixDegrees

I remember seeing a book in the bargain books section of Barnes and Noble not too long ago. The title escapes me, but it had pictures of some RWS major arcana cards on the cover. The Tower is featured most prominently, and I remember from the inside flap that the book had something to do with tarot and death and adventure and so forth. I'm sorry I can't remember more than that, but it might still be there if you care to look (I remember seeing it at multiple locations).

Bonnie

The Last Troubadour

This is a really exceptional book! It is also the first of a trilogy. I cannot wait for the next book which, as Derek stated, is coming out with a companion deck. This should be very interesting!

Blessings,
Bonnie

vision777

Last Love in Constantinople-Tarot Novel for Divination by Milorad Pavic
is a good book I did not finish reading it but I remember it was a story about his life and he was relating the tarot cards to it.

LillyCat

British author Kate Mosse (Labyrinth) has just written a new novel on the tarot and which uses a tarot deck as the central point of the story - I started a thread on it in this section. That might be very interesting but it doesn't come out until October (in the UK) - mind you, if you are from the States, you've probably already got it ;)

6 Haunted Days

ahclem said:
I'd heartily recommend the astonishing Little, Big by John Crowley. Not only does a tarot deck play a central part in the novel, but totally apart from that, it's just an amazing book.

Lee Bursten wrote a great review of it, so I won't bother repeating it here, but I just can't recommend it highly enough. Go read it. Really.

(One note, the Amazon link in Lee's review is to a no-longer-in-print version. The currently available version is here.)

How did I miss this post?!

Little Big is on my top 5 books of all time. What complete melancholy enchantment. Each time you read it, something new reveals itself. Like the house, the words rearrange themselves. Crowley is a sheer brilliant word artist, he weaves stardust.

Has anyone seen the amazing 25th anniversary edition? You can get it in many formats, and you do not see this kind of craftmanship anymore! http://www.littlebig25.com/
I'll be getting one soon (I do so hope).

Miss 6

moderndayruth

Single White E-mail by Jessica Adams; i didn't know she was a "psychic astrologer" untill now that i googled the title of the book (couldn't remember the author's name). It's chick-lit, but it's readable, the main character, in search for love, gets online readings and the story is suffused with coincidencies and omens.

ahclem

6 Haunted Days said:
How did I miss this post?!

Little Big is on my top 5 books of all time. What complete melancholy enchantment. Each time you read it, something new reveals itself. Like the house, the words rearrange themselves. Crowley is a sheer brilliant word artist, he weaves stardust.

Has anyone seen the amazing 25th anniversary edition? You can get it in many formats, and you do not see this kind of craftmanship anymore! http://www.littlebig25.com/
I'll be getting one soon (I do so hope).
And how did I miss your reply?!

My wife gave me a subscription for a Numbered copy of the 25th Anniversary Edition back in 2004 when the project was first announced. It's currently running about a year late relative to their original schedule, but it is going to be so worth the wait. (I just received the "Suppose One Were a Fish" printing test poster and it is absolutely stunning.)

Read this book, people. Seriously.

Mariana

You people have made me very curious about this book, so I've ordered it...