Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

goddesscarlie

I've always been hesitant to cut my cards, but just looking at them without the large border, WOW they look so much better. Tomorrow I think I'm going to get myself a corner punch :) I'll let you know how it goes!

Sulis

Well done QoP, those cards look really good.

I think trimming a deck really makes it feel more personal to you, your special little treasure of a deck.

Thanks for showing us the scans.

jackdaw*

Thanks for the kind words, Sulis, and for posting your pics some time ago! When you showed them in stages, (with and without stone borders), it prompted me to remove little bits at a time from a couple of cards before taking the plunge.

I think it is a more personal deck now. I quite like it, and I like how it fits in my hand now.

goddesscarlie, good luck! My punch was about $8 in a craft store, from the scrapbooking section. It's quite stiff to punch, so I found it best to trim four or five cards and then punch them, allowing my thumbs to regain feeling! They're a little tender this morning :)

a_shikhs

I trimmed my druidcraft a month ago, and oh my, I fell in love with them all over again. :D They look so beautiful without those ugly white borders. The pictures really stand out and they are so easy to shuffle now. Its become my favourite now. :)

Rainbow Aurora

QueenofPentacles said:
....But the DruidCraft was too big. And the white borders are uneven......
Hello QueenofPentacles,
I found this too. My first Druidcraft was trimmed with
great success. I was lucky enough to get a second
deck some time ago and only recently opened it. I found
I did not have much choice other than to have it trimmed
because of being uneven!! But yes, they do look great
and look amazing when layed out in a spread :grin:

Rainbow

Hemera

That looks really great Queenof Pentacles! Mine are trimmed so that the text is also there because I love the font. But I am tempted to try the way Sulis has trimmed hers, with just the pictures and nothing else.

I trimmed my Vargo Gothic that way recently. I worried wether I´d really rcognize all the cards without the texts, but it has not been a problem. I actually like it that I have to look at the cards more when there´s no text telling me what the card is. That way I pay more attention to the picture itself.

redflash

I plucked up the courage to trim my druidcraft last week. I didn't mind the borders but the deck was too big, I couldn't shuffle it, had to spread them on a flat surface & mess them up.

I trimmed 3 cards then used the corner trimmer on them. I had been practicing beforehand but I looked at these 3 cards & thought "what have I done??"

I didn't leave the stone borders on & they were by no means perfect. I carried on & did the rest of the deck, I couldn't just leave all the other cards a different size.

So, a couple of hours later I had a trimmed druidcraft in front of me. When I picked the deck up I could feel slight size variations, not much, just a little. My beloved druidcraft was looking not so shiney & new. But what a beauty ! It fits my hands perfectly & the artwork jumps off the cards. It feels like it's "mine."

Last night I also trimmed my druid animal oracle. I didn't think I could love these 2 decks anymore than I already did ! Gorgeous, so pleased I did them !

But..... I am now resisting the urge to start trimming my other decks ! It's like an addiction, & my hands are bl**dy aching off all that trimming lol !

Hemera

Ha,ha :D Welcome to the Trimmers Club!

There has been no end to my trimming after I had the courage to get started. Just yesterday I finished with my Halloween deck and it really feels like MINE now. It´s so beautiful..

goddesscarlie

QueenofPentacles said:
goddesscarlie, good luck! My punch was about $8 in a craft store, from the scrapbooking section. It's quite stiff to punch, so I found it best to trim four or five cards and then punch them, allowing my thumbs to regain feeling! They're a little tender this morning :)

I've now been to three craft stores and only one sold corner punches - but they were sold out! Now I have to wait for new stock to come in :p

I've been looking through my decks and I've been thinking that my new Victorian Romantic would look absolutely lovely trimmed.

Fulgour

just a snippy twink

I am unfamiliar with corner trimmers, and even timid
about the whole idea of using a punch-type tool...

So with a little curved blade snip scissors I now have
just roundly nipped the pointy ends of the corners...

DruidCraft & Druid Animal Oracle never looked better.