Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

Marua

Just curious about how much you trimmed, and what it looks like. Pictures would be nice, or maybe you could just tell me the size of it. Thanks. :)

Sulis

I trimmed my DruidCraft ages ago, there are some threads about it somewhere. At first I left the stone borders on but ended up taking them off too.
The cards look great and are much sturdier and a better size to shuffle.

I'll attach some images :)

Attachments

• druidcraft hermit.jpg
    druidcraft hermit.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Druidcraft Ace of Swords.jpg
    Druidcraft Ace of Swords.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 866
  • DruidCraft - The Lady.jpg
    DruidCraft - The Lady.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 859
  • The Moon and The Priestess.jpg
    The Moon and The Priestess.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 1,500

catlin

Me too, but I left the stone borders and had the cards laminated.

Now they are smaller and look lots better. In fact it was Sulis who convinced me to have the dekc trimmed because of the scans of her trimmed deck.

a_shikhs

WOww.. A trimmed Druidcraft looks so beautiful. Now im eager to trim mine.. :D

inanna_tarot

I trimmed mine and I wouldnt have them any other way. I've seen my friends decks, all nice with the white borders - but its not MY deck, they dont look warn and well used, they dont have that personalised touch. I remember cutting the white edges and really looking up close at the cards.... it was a really good 'intimate' moment with the deck :)

Sezo
x

Marua

They look really good, Sulis. Maybe I'll do it to mine when I get it.
Thanks, everyone. :)

sharpchick

I left the stone borders on mine, but the whole look of the deck changed in a way that I absolutely love - the art just "pops" at me. If it's possible, I'd swear the feet look even bigger now. . .

Marua

So I chose to only cut the white borders off (they where also uneaven, like the printing was crooked (sp?)) and they look so much better! Its true, the images pop! Unless there is a lot of white in the images, I really find white borders distracting.
Now they're also more handy in size. Still a bit big for my small hands, but better. I love it! :D
Can be recommended. :thumbsup:

jackdaw*

Bump

Just had to bump this thread to brag. :D

First, I've never been one of the borderless fans on this forum. I like the images to be nicely framed. If you have art prints on the wall, they might look edgy or cool permaplaqued and hung on the wall, but they look classy in nice frames. That's the way I see Tarot cards.

But the DruidCraft was too big. And the white borders are uneven. So after an afternoon of Simpsons reruns and a pot of chai tea, I now have the DruidCraft Tarot trimmed to the stone borders and the corners rounded. Man, do my thumbs ache! It was a cheap corner punch, and very stiff.

I still wanted a border, so I'm pleased with this result. Too bad I couldn't have saved the titles, but I found the cards still bigger than I wanted with the full stone borders, and not as finished-looking with just the bottom stone border taken off.

I must say, it really does make the colours pop! And I never really liked some of the title changes (such as for Temperance, the Devil, and Judgement). In fact, I didn't much like the Judgement card at all before now. I found this new version to be a vast improvement.

Here are a couple samples below. The bottoms aren't as irregular as shown; I arranged them on the scanner even more lopsided than I trimmed them!

Attachments

• trimmed.jpg
    trimmed.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 2,045