Trimmed druidcraft, anyone?

jackdaw*

goddesscarlie said:
I've been looking through my decks and I've been thinking that my new Victorian Romantic would look absolutely lovely trimmed.
Ack! Trim a Baba Studio deck??? Sacrilege! :p

goddesscarlie

QueenofPentacles said:
Ack! Trim a Baba Studio deck??? Sacrilege! :p

Nonsense! Just think about how much the images would just pop out with the borders gone! Looking at the difference it does to the druidcraft, I can imagine the results would be spectacular with the VR. And if they don't - well I can always buy another deck!

Fulgour: I think corner trimmers and corner punches are the same thing (?). I would feel much more secure in making an even rounded corner with a punch than just using scissors. You know, in grade 2 I wasn't allowed to do some cutting on a special project because I sucked so much. Doesn't make one confident in their cutting! I've improved over the years, but I still wouldn't trust myself to make even corners on every card. ;)

Jewel

Confidence that is the key. I would not mind trimming my DruidCraft, but I am terrified of having uneven cards that look like I trimmed them. I just don't have the self confidence to do it. I applaud you brave souls. The deck does look lovely trimmed.

goddesscarlie

OK, Now I've trimmed my Druidcraft without any borders. They look absolutely amazing!! I love them! Now I'm half way through my Victorian Romantic tarot. Trimming decks is so much fun, my DC feels so much more personal now. I love it. It is now my absolute favourite deck. :)

AJ

I enjoyed the process too, we paid for the cards, they are ours to do with as we please.

Paperdoll

I also trimmed my Druidcraft a couple of months ago. The cards were just too big for my hands and now it is perfect! I trimmed everything off and now just have the picture. I couldn't believe the difference it made. I notice things now I didn't see before. I don't know why there aren't more "borderless" decks out there, to me it really makes a difference.

RubyV

I just got this deck on Sunday. A trimming I will go. I'm trimming to the borders, minus the titles

coyoteblack

Jewel said:
Confidence that is the key. I would not mind trimming my DruidCraft, but I am terrified of having uneven cards that look like I trimmed them. I just don't have the self confidence to do it. I applaud you brave souls. The deck does look lovely trimmed.

I am with Jewel on this si am afraid i will have messed up cards. 'sides that i really love my deck i would feel like I cut up a friend or some thing

Dancing Bear

this question has been on my mind since getting this deck..

Thankyou so so much for posting pictures of your tirmmed cards...Since I received this deck the white borders have annoyed me..

I am off to trim my deck now.. Dont know whether to keep stone borders or not, but i will see as i start cutting....

Thankyou again..

My Voyager also needs a trim.. :p

tarotlyn

coyoteblack said:
I am with Jewel on this si am afraid i will have messed up cards. 'sides that i really love my deck i would feel like I cut up a friend or some thing
:heart: Remember, we can always buy backups and trim them first... :D

Side note: If you can get a good paper cutter, that is what I have tried,
and it works great because you can line the side accurately and then slice...
and it comes out very even...the trick is to get a good paper cutter!

:heart:
Lyn