Fairy Tale Tarot by Lisa Hunt

Padma

Be careful Amazon prices are not reasonable estimates of market price or fair price. Market price being what others are prepared to pay for a deck, and fair price being what you think is fair for a particular deck. These things are so subjective so it is a bit tricky.

The sad part is the other online sellers of the deck (like Abe Books, for instance) base their price on Amazon's. No matter where I checked, it was $399.

I agree 100% with you that Amazon is not a reasonable base from which to draw price upon! And thankfully, most of our members who sell decks on the trade thread understand that...

MissNine, you could always stalk Ebay, and get lucky...? ;)

The Happy Squirrel

-----------

The Happy Squirrel

That Amazon Germany I told you about, seriously, US$70 complete set. Give or take a few depending on the exchange rate at the time you convert the Euro.

The Happy Squirrel

---------

The Happy Squirrel

----------

Le Fanu

That Amazon Germany I told you about, seriously, US$70 complete set. Give or take a few depending on the exchange rate at the time you convert the Euro.
But it's a German edition with German book and quite a few of the fairy tales are unfamiliar Oriental or East European ones which you'd have to know and not be able to understand unless you spoke German.

This set (i.e the Lisa Hunt one) is available in French, German and Spanish for a cheaper price. They don't seem to have sold out yet and so can be picked up quite easily. I have a couple of English editions but I use a French edition deck more often although the (English) companion book was indispensible for me.

It's a wonderful, rich deck. I cannot imagine why it was never reprinted

MissNine

But it's a German edition with German book and quite a few of the fairy tales are unfamiliar Oriental or East European ones which you'd have to know and not be able to understand unless you spoke German.

This set (i.e the Lisa Hunt one) is available in French, German and Spanish for a cheaper price. They don't seem to have sold out yet and so can be picked up quite easily. I have a couple of English editions but I use a French edition deck more often although the (English) companion book was indispensible for me.

I guess that means it's my luck, as I speak German!! :party:

The Happy Squirrel

Hello LF.
From what I gathered, the one on Amazon Germany was English, which perhaps explains why it was so reasonable. Let me double check.
I prefer Baba's because the fairy tales are from around the world. But I did think about the Lisa Hunt's and it is on my list for sure.