A new de-enabling thread

cardlady22

MysticalMoose said:
the Guardians of Wisdom Tarot
MM :D
I fully intended to help with the de-enabling, but now I am in trouble! I have a weakness for the standard playing card suits, you see . . .

I have no more money until a certain deposit arrives & clears, and I already have a PC book, the MerryDay, and a jewelry project waiting for that $$! (not to mention the property taxes, the home owner's insurance, and anything else my medicine-befuddled brain has forgotten at the moment!)

MysticalMoose

Is it???

magpie9 said:
That's an Oracle, isn't it?

No, I don't think so anyway......I was under the impression its a 78 card tarot with majors & minors just with playing card suits rather than the "traditional" tarot suits??? I may be wrong tho?......anyone>? :confused:

MM :bugeyed:

nisaba

MysticalMoose said:
I am finding the Guardians of Wisdom Tarot rather alluring this evening...I wanted it a while ago but couldnt find one without ordering from the author/artist who incidentally is very friendly & sent me a nice email :)...help me out here lovely people!
<Gravely>

Folks, we're in trouble.

If an author/artist is very friendly and sends nice emails, they probably <gasp> deserve their profits.

Oh, hell.

How do you de-enable this?

nisaba

I'm in trouble, folks. From the thread entitled "Sol Invictus Misprinted Backs:-

Oh, bloody hell.

I made the mistake of going to the Tarotgarden to have a look at a few images.

Now, after all my good work in the de-enabling thread, I've falled in love with the Mystic card, subtitled "Dying and Resurrecting Godmen". I love the background. I have to take this somewhere else in a hurry ...

Cat*

Wow, there' some serious hating going on! :bugeyed: The poor Phantasmagoric!

I'm afraid that we have to count this as a de-enabling that has completely backfired. Because now I really wanna buy it and give it a loving home and tell it it's not really sick and ugly - just very misunderstood. Seriously.

Well now I know that I must really like this deck if I stick to it (in public, no less!) after it's been shredded like this by you people. Or maybe I have a little too much sympathy for the underdogs. Or both. At any rate, I'm going over to click "buy" now. :D

magpie9

Your Bosch will spit on it, your Decameron and Erotica will try to do a 3-some with it, your Ironwing will set it on fire and beat it into shape while your Deviant watches in Horror. But hey, it will keep things lively in the Tarot cabinet.})

Le Fanu

MysticalMoose said:
I am finding the Guardians of Wisdom Tarot rather alluring this evening...:D

I wish people would post links; there´s nothing quite like capturing the moment of that instant gut reaction when being confronted with another hideous new deck...

I didn´t know this deck; but talk about touchy-feely, feely goody new-agey twaddle.... It has those "Starter Tarot" type keywords to boot... Wouldn´t you just guffaw if you turned over a card and read "Manifesting riches in the material world for yourself and others"? I think I would. What does it mean anyway? Need to go shopping at Tesco?

Well, if you do get it, at least cut the keywords of; then it would be almost "Crystal Tarot-like" (Im not enabling by the way; the whole point is the keyword-bit...)

And observe the AT blurb; a "simplified" tarot... Come on, MM, you´re a modern, intelligent gal; you don´t need simplified stuff...

;)

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
Your Bosch will spit on it, your Decameron and Erotica will try to do a 3-some with it, your Ironwing will set it on fire and beat it into shape while your Deviant watches in Horror. But hey, it will keep things lively in the Tarot cabinet.})
LOL

Cat*, you are *impossible*. Bad BAD cat.

re guardians of whatever - get a LOAD OF ALL THOSE WORDS on the cards! And HUUUUUGe effing BORDERS! IF you cut those away there would be nothing left! If you cut them away you'd have no way of knowing what card is which, because there is nothing in the IMAGE to lead you to the meaning!

Therefore you need the HUUUUUGE effing borders to be able to read with the things, because otherwise you'd have no idea what you are looking at besides Hallmark fairy cards!

OH and it's ethnically "diverse" :heart:s are "Goddesses, :club:s are "Angels", :diamond:s are "Native Americans" and :spade:s are "Ancient Asians". WTH is that all about ?? Sounds like an equal opportunity offender. I mean, where are the Celts!!! and the Huns!!! and the Dravidians!!! and the Inuit!!! and and and.... the Balinese!!! and there aren't any AFRICANS!!! they must be *Racist*!!!! And are they saying that "Ancient Asians" (WTF?) and Native Americans are equal to Goddesses and Angels???? eh???

Oof. My head hurts.

SolSionnach

nisaba said:
I'm in trouble, folks. From the thread entitled "Sol Invictus Misprinted Backs:-

Oh, bloody hell.

I made the mistake of going to the Tarotgarden to have a look at a few images.

Now, after all my good work in the de-enabling thread, I've falled in love with the Mystic card, subtitled "Dying and Resurrecting Godmen". I love the background. I have to take this somewhere else in a hurry ...
O please. Nisaba, just download the card you like and make it into a screensaver. I kept that excreble Zerner-Farber deck because ONE CARD had a POODLE on it.

Then I discovered taroteca. Taroteca is your friend! Now I can look at that sweet little poodle as often as I like!

And you know what?

I've gone there maaaaybe ONCE since I sold the deck to look at that card.

You love the background? wha? :scratcheshead:
ETA: now that I've seen the card, I'm completely mystified. I mean, the background of that card is upside down, right??

Cat*

magpie9 said:
I'll make the Phantasmagoric a special polka-dotted hankie to wipe its face(s) then (which can conveniently double as a blindfold to protect the poor Deviant Moon), keep my cell phone camera ready for the threesomes (I can always post the resulting videos as special erotic tarot readings, right?), and keep the matches away from the Ironwing (and point out to it that paper decks should not play with fire, not even when they're all about blacksmithing).

That should prevent the worst. :D

If all else fails, I can always tie them all up and/or threaten them with a pair of blunt scissors... })

sravana said:
Cat*, you are *impossible*. Bad BAD cat.
mrrrow? (see attachment)

Attachments

• forgiveness.jpg
    forgiveness.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 83