Return of the Thoth to the West

kwesifriends

Well does it mean I need a new deck, I'm waiting for Thoth for several years already.

gregory

If you are a serious Tarot student - you need a Thoth. Where you get it is another matter. It has never been unavailable....

kwesifriends

gregory said:
If you are a serious Tarot student - you need a Thoth. Where you get it is another matter. It has never been unavailable....

I live in a place were tarot is not really recognized or let me say people thinks tarot is a word of something evil, so maybe I'm a little bit late with tarot.

gregory

You still need one ! I know you are studying.

ETA one of the best current deck creators is in the Philippines..... Ly Narciso.

kwesifriends

Oh I've heard of some of his work but I never knew that their are Filipino artist who enjoyed making tarot, Hahaha One of his work was Vanessa tarot which I wish to owe a long time ago.

Yes, I gonna owe a Thoth Deck soon I just need time for pentacles.

Umbrae

Thoths are now once again available at The Tarot Garden (yes global shipping).

pasara

gregory said:
Goodness. That's a thought.

*dashes off and checks USG site*

It looks as though there are 3 magus cards only in the small version (even the premier says it is a "small deck with the three magus cards" - that's the purple box one.. But that does mean they are available.

Alida usually stocks USG decks. So does tarotchest - and they have that listed (out of stock, of course) - but again - it is the smaller size.
the large size also is an 80 card deck (3 magus cards)

photokat

Grigori said:
I think we should remember before jumping to defend the poor people at USG, that they are a company that is renowned for vigilantly enforcing their own dubious copyright on the RWS deck, whose creators died somewhat before the Thoth's did. Wonderful that they've got a taste of their own medicine back, a lovely bit of Adjustment for them I say :)

Well said ; )

photokat

pasara said:
the large size also is an 80 card deck (3 magus cards)

Are you sure?

The only English large 3 Magus - Thoth I've ever seen was the 1986 Swiss Box by AG Müller ....