Tarot bags

AmethystEyes

Here's something shameful... I keep my deck in an old vibrator bag. It only was used once and then my dog ate it... The bag is purple satin and the perfect size for my deck. I washed it first! I'll see my way out.
:laugh: too funny! No need to leave we want to hear more! lol

Also I just bought two more bags on ebay :laugh:

AmethystEyes

I make my own bags, mostly. My most beautiful ones are made from silk that I painted and embroidered myself. I have no sewing machine but it's easy to sew them by hand.

Lately, I crochet most of my tarot bags. I also have some bought ones but I tend to prefer the self made ones.

I really like giving each deck a bag that suits its character and style.
Wow Nemia I am impressed! I love how you made them so personal and matching the decks so well.

Morrigaine

Lol, I'm glad everyone enjoyed my unconventional tarot bag. Sorry to hijack the thread! I would like to replace my bag with a lovely hand made bag some day.

Mistteak

I like bags, I got some wonderful ones in bulk of an ETSY shop, and I also got 2 lovely handmade satin and silk clamshell 'bag's for my fav decks... The satin bags were silk lined and are bright colours, and the clamshell ones just fit right.. Search easy for these sellers

Tarotista
and
MaidenMotherMoon

do check out Tarotista, as if you are able to sew she has the pattern for sale.

rubyalison

I have 10 decks I use and each has a bag specially selected to go with the deck.

My Housewives tarot needed something quirky
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426767842.911293.jpg

My Halloween tarot got something themed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426767878.129823.jpg

My St Petersburg tarot got something with gold to compliment the art
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426767926.468936.jpg

Mostly I just look for a complimenting color
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426767994.072918.jpg

This deck came with a lovely bag
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426768052.810961.jpg

I just ordered a tarot bag with dolphins for my Mermaid deck...

I also bought recently a tarot bag I really love that I don't have a deck for - but trust some day the right deck will show up for it...

rubyalison

Some more of my stash

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426768799.036851.jpg

Teheuti

Mostly I keep cards in their original box, except for the decks I carry often. I knit form-fitting Tarot cases with sides and a rectangular bottom - mostly out of mercerized cotton so they fit tight yet the cards slide in and out easily (wools tend to be scratchy and may have lanolin in them). I have some nice bags, too, but they tend to fit too loosely so the cards can warp or get bent when carried.

Farzon

I keep them in the original boxes except for the ones that are in more difficult boxes. Like the Mary-El, the Vampire Tarot... these big boxes somehow kept me from using the decks. Especially the Vampire Tarot is very complicated to take out. For these decks I use mostly Baba Store Bags. The Vampire Tarot is in a big bag which came with another deck. It's difficult to find any bag in this side. For my Wildwood Tarot I have a beautiful linen bag that Originally contained a puzzle box - I find that fits in a double sense [emoji1]

AmethystEyes

After having gotten a few more decks in the mail I have decided I do want more bags!
How much does everyone pay for theirs by the way? Any place or site in particular you like?