Strength & Page of Wands Rx

Enlightenment23

I decided to take on the "Rekindle Intimacy" spread found here on Aeclectic

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=105986

For the "What's causing J to lose interest in me?" position, I pulled the Strength card with the Page of Wands Rx to clarify.

For some background, this is a friend of mine. A love interest you can say, too. Recently, I shot down his sexual advances telling him that I'm not interested. I just want to stay friends. But I can just feel him slip away...he just doesn't seem as invested in the friendship as I am.

With Strength being a card of "self control" and getting a hold of our baser impulses, do you think that he's losing interest because he can't get "it" from me -- as shown by the Page of Wands Reversed?

dancing_moon

I can't help agreeing with you. J needs some kind of sexual spark/chemistry/sport to keep him interested, it doesn't seem like he's actually keen on (platonic) friendships as such. Strength could also indicate that the whole situation is too much trouble for him, it's stirring up some of his inner issues and challenging him to live up to standards that are higher than what he cares to maintain at the moment.

Enlightenment23

I can't help agreeing with you. J needs some kind of sexual spark/chemistry/sport to keep him interested, it doesn't seem like he's actually keen on (platonic) friendships as such. Strength could also indicate that the whole situation is too much trouble for him, it's stirring up some of his inner issues and challenging him to live up to standards that are higher than what he cares to maintain at the moment.

*Sigh* Unfortunately you are dead on.

I spoke to him recently and we continued to discuss the topic. And when I told him that I just wanted to be the girl that just caught a few beers with him and watched a football game or two, he flatly said, "I have sisters for that...and I have my bros for that, too."

Obviously it hurts that our "friendship" (or what I thought was a friendship), which has the duration of a half-decade, is reduced to just "sex." Thought I was more than that. But hey, whatever. But on the plus side, I am glad that the situation is causing him to look inward and at least consider maintaining a higher standard.

dancing_moon

But on the plus side, I am glad that the situation is causing him to look inward and at least consider maintaining a higher standard.

At the very least, it helps him to see that there are different people out there, and some of them do value friendship a lot and are eager to put in some effort into relationships that won't result in immediate (sexual) gratification. But it seems like he isn't there, at least yet. And you certainly deserve more caring friends. :thumbsup:

Laurelle

This reminds me of something my dad use to tell me: "No man wants to just be your friend because a friend is a gateway to boyfriend."

But....you must be a beautiful woman if he just can't help himself. It reminds me of that Eagles song, "She has a lot of pretty, pretty boys that she calls friends...."

Laurelle

Oh...and if the song isn't obvious, those "pretty boys" aren't really her platonic friends....lol

Enlightenment23

And you certainly deserve more caring friends. :thumbsup:

Ain't that the truth. Well, at least he was honest! Kind of... It took him quite a while. But at least now I know where he stands. Thanks!

:heart:

Enlightenment23

This reminds me of something my dad use to tell me: "No man wants to just be your friend because a friend is a gateway to boyfriend."

But....you must be a beautiful woman if he just can't help himself. It reminds me of that Eagles song, "She has a lot of pretty, pretty boys that she calls friends...."

Yeah...your dad is 100 % correct. My mom used to say something similar and I used to wave her away. "NO! He just wants to be my friend mom!" But every time, without fail, I was proven wrong. Guess they know best =]

Welp. I will miss the friendship...or what I thought was a friendship...

Thanks =]