Gaian Tarot Collector's Edition goes on sale 10/6

Naneki

Well, I decided I did not want to wait and availed myself to the payment plan. I can't wait to receive it; I've wanted this deck when I first saw the images for it and the reason why I did not buy the majors only set was because I fully intended to purchase the whole deck upon release; limited edition or not. However this will have to be the last deck I buy until probably summer next year!!! LOL

thorhammer

I'm on the fence - I could do the payment plan though I really shouldn't. What might sell me is the printing values - soy ink, non-petroleum lamination etc etc. That means more to me than the amulet, and no doubt Australian Quarantine would confiscate the herbs, and if the bags are silk I don't want one, not unless it's "peace" (tussah, "vegan") silk - that all those silkworms are boiled so my deck has a special place to live is unthinkable.

Still thinking.

\m/ Kat

afrosaxon

I have been fiending for this deck to come out...I will cough up my shekels and buy the CE...my first CE ever! :D

T.

Debra

Oh dear. I didn't mean my comments to be taken personally, and I apologize if I phrased my contribution in a clumsy way that made it sound more pointed than I intended.

I don't think anyone here means to be disparaging about having money, or not. Some have more money to spend than others, and people also have different priorities for our spending. I don't see this forum as elitist in favor of the rich or anything like that. It's just reality.

There are two decks I've spent a lot of money to get. One is very old and not so easy to find, and the other is a very limited 22-card edition accompanied by a hand-bound leather book. I can see the time, skill, planning and effort that went into this second set, and was happy to pay for it.

Having the choice between different editions (and prices) would seem a wonderful option, and it's nice that people can decide now if they want the collector's edition or would prefer to wait for the mass market version.

So enough about me :rolleyes: and with congratulations to Joanna on completing her project, I shall bow out of the discussion.

schmedrake

I ordered my deck this morning and was glad to pay the price. I've been lusting after this deck for quite some time and I simply cannot wait until 2011. In addition, the mass market deck is going to be smaller. These cards, imo, are going to be more expressive in the larger size.

There aren't many decks I'd pay this price for, but Joanna's artistic interpretation of the tarot speaks to me in ways most other decks don't. This deck is special. And I feel her asking price is fair for the value I'll receive.

silverwings94

Debra said:
Oh dear. I didn't mean my comments to be taken personally, and I apologize if I phrased my contribution in a clumsy way that made it sound more pointed than I intended.

I don't think anyone here means to be disparaging about having money, or not. Some have more money to spend than others, and people also have different priorities for our spending. I don't see this forum as elitist in favor of the rich or anything like that. It's just reality.

There are two decks I've spent a lot of money to get. One is very old and not so easy to find, and the other is a very limited 22-card edition accompanied by a hand-bound leather book. I can see the time, skill, planning and effort that went into this second set, and was happy to pay for it.

Having the choice between different editions (and prices) would seem a wonderful option, and it's nice that people can decide now if they want the collector's edition or would prefer to wait for the mass market version.

So enough about me :rolleyes: and with congratulations to Joanna on completing her project, I shall bow out of the discussion.
Debra,
Can you tell me what the limited 22 card edition and hand bound leather book is? It sounds very interesting,
Thanks,
Kat

fyreflye

I hope all of you who PRE-ordered the deck understood that according to Joanna it will not ship until around Spring of next year.

Alta

fyreflye said:
I hope all of you who PRE-ordered the deck understood that according to Joanna it will not ship until around Spring of next year.
Yes, I think she said the Spring Equinox, so around March 21st. I was guessing that she took pre-orders to pay the printer.

weaver

schmedrake said:
There aren't many decks I'd pay this price for, but Joanna's artistic interpretation of the tarot speaks to me in ways most other decks don't. This deck is special. And I feel her asking price is fair for the value I'll receive.
I agree!

This is a deck I have followed since its inception, I think. (I remember exchanging emails with Joanna regarding straw bale construction way back then...:laugh:)

In a nutshell, the Tarot Joanna has created is a perfect fit for me, my sensibilities and my approach to working with Tarot. Given that reality, purchasing the independently produced version of the deck is a no brainer. It is a special edition of a special to me deck I have long looked forward to. Despite its LE status, I plan to use it as my workhorse, good for all reasons and seasons, Tarot deck.

With two versions of the deck being produced, how wonderful it is that everyone who is (even remotely) drawn to this beautiful Tarot deck will likely be able to access and enjoy it. It's perfect! :love:

gregory

weaver said:
With two versions of the deck being produced, how wonderful it is that everyone who is (even remotely) drawn to this beautiful Tarot deck will likely be able to access and enjoy it. It's perfect! :love:
VERY good point, weaver. Says she who has to go MM.....