Gaian Tarot Collector's Edition goes on sale 10/6

sea monkey

where are the images of the cards on that site. can't find them. can someone post a link?

sea monkey

It looks like a lot of work and thought was put into it, but the images do not resonate with me so i am going to pass on it for now.

Apollonia

sravana said:
I'm with HC - herbs are readily available, I actually have more bags than I need, I'm very picky with amulets/pendants, and probably wouldn't care of it, choice of size is nice, but really - and there'd better be free shipping for that price! I spent 1/2 that for MAAT + book a couple of years ago, but that was before the recession and all the heck that has broken loose recently.

I'm sure that the LE will sell out - the Gaian has many, many fans - but I can't see $200, even with a payment plan. $150 maybe...

I agree. I prefer to purchase LE decks if possible, and I do enjoy little interesting extras, but $200 is beyond my price point for a single deck. My drop dead price is pretty much around $150; above that I find it difficult to justify, even to myself. I have no doubt it will sell out, but for me it isn't going to happen.

Annabelle

I'm definitely pre-ordering the limited edition . . . the only thing holding me up is trying to decide on which size I want. I can't afford to buy both sizes . . .

motsa

I think I'd definitely go with the 4 X 6 (the size of the first edition majors). Even the 3.5 X 5.25 is a little large for shuffling and if you're going to buy a deck that is somewhat oversized no matter what, why not go for the size that gives you the best view of the artwork? You know you'll get a shufflable version in 2011, after all. Having seen both sizes in the two limited edition majors' decks, I really like how the images pop in the larger size.

F.M. Tarot

I was so happy to see this and saw those prices and my heart fell! :( There is no way I could afford this, I would have to save 6 months for the set! $247 :bugeyed: That's the most expensive self-published I have considered buying!

This time of year too is always so tight for most people with the holidays coming up. I like others will be forced to wait for the widely released version in 2011 :(. But isn't it always so special to have a self-published deck and book? I could care less about any of the extras, just want the book and deck.

I looked but did not see it mentioned, can you buy the companion book separately? I thought that might be nice to buy when the mass market edition is released.

Annabelle

motsa said:
I think I'd definitely go with the 4 X 6 (the size of the first edition majors). Even the 3.5 X 5.25 is a little large for shuffling and if you're going to buy a deck that is somewhat oversized no matter what, why not go for the size that gives you the best view of the artwork? You know you'll get a shufflable version in 2011, after all. Having seen both sizes in the two limited edition majors' decks, I really like how the images pop in the larger size.
Yes, I think you are right :).

Buying this means I won't be able to afford a new faire outfit this Fall, but I can always wait to get new faire clothes in the Spring, after all.

Edited to add: I've placed my pre-order for the 4 x 6 size. I'm getting the 4 of Earth for the limited edition print -- it features a squirrel!!! I love squirrels.

Asher

I've ordered mine!

I talked with Joanna at BATS this past weekend, and had a look through her prototype full deck. It is stunning!!! This is a deck I have been waiting for since I first saw (and bought) the 1st edition Majors.

I will be taking advantage of the payment plan, so it will be a bit less stressful on the budget. I am thrilled that this is an option!

It's going to be an incredible set!

Asher

Debra

She designed and painted 78 beautiful images. The bags are hand-made and hand-dyed. The amulets are all hand-made bt the artist. She's writing and designing the book herself. The set comes with a specially-designed print, and the cards are available in two large sizes so you can choose your favorite. As for the printing, she writes,

The cards are printed on sturdy card stock by a local green printer with:

• recycled paper
• soy ink
• aqueous coating on the cards, not made from petroleum
• fabulous printing quality!

It took me quite a bit of research to find just the right printer. It is extremely important to me to invest in green printing for this deck as a way of honoring Mama Gaia. I'm very happy that the best printer turned out to be one that's local too, so I get to support the local economy. Right in tune with Gaian values!

What is someone's time and effort worth?